It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paid ATS Fourm Jockeys

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Not going to be the greatest thread ever, but I have been lurking/trolling these fourms for about 1 month exactly, night and day.

I do not have a job, like many Americans I was laid off in early spring. I am also a person that sleeps completely unscheduled and random. I may be awake for 30 hours and then sleep 12. I spend almost every minute of my awakend state, right at this keyboard doing odd browser-based stuff. I would say I have refreshed "recent posts" over 2,000 times in that month. I've been here a lot lately.

If there is anything I would call myself excellent at, it's pattern recognition.

I think I have noticed some patterns. I have concluded that there are definately people paid to lurk this website and immediately smear threads. For one, skeptic people don't normally care about this stuff enough to sit at thier computer day and night and debunk conspiracy research. Those people are out at the club, or they got tickets to "Flight of the Conchords" ect, ect. These people that I seem to notice are not your average humans.

Truthers, are passionate about their research, thay take time out of their busy lives to come here and get information, news, and the occasional laugh. These people are obvious to point out as well.

Then you have the children, mainly 11-16 range, poorly written, I need not say anymore.

There are plenty of types of individuals on ATS, and in their writings normally show some light of their intentions.

The weight of my argument relies heavily on this question.

Does it make any sense to you that there are people so passionate about attempting to discredit only certain subjects of ATS and hardly touch other content?

To me, they don't seem human, they seem robotic.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Where do i apply? I'd gladly be a fly in the ointment for the right price.

Seriously, i doubt that's true. ATS isn't influential enough to make it worth paying someone to spread propaganda and discredit threads. (No offense, Skeptic Overlord).

Then again, maybe i'm on the take and discrediting your post for profit.

TA

edit:

Maybe there really are spambots lurking the pages. Interesting thought...

[edit on 14-5-2009 by TheAssociate]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Personally I wouldn't go so far as to say robotic. I would just think it would be another day of smearing peoples posts. Maybe they get paid for it and what a job it would be for them. They'd get their $#!Ts and giggles from it and earn a buck or two meanwhile doing what they do best. Government groups, Elite groups ect.... profits and so do these so called "debunkers" Would make sense but just how far would it go as to say truth wise? Would they be anonomysly hired or heavily trained in psycholgical warfare and specially selected?

[edit on 14-5-2009 by born2BWild]

[edit on 14-5-2009 by born2BWild]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:26 AM
link   
If anyone is doing this, it would be the job of the PTB. With the internet supposedly being a "security hole" or whatever the term they used, and ATS growing by leaps and bounds, and it being ATS, I would not be surprised if the PTB were doing this.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Well, spit out some names. You say you are good at recognizing patterns, let's see what you have come up with.

CX

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I'd love to know how you can tell a person is being paid, just by the patterns they display on a forum?

Thats one hell of an observation skill you have there!

CX.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   

For one, skeptic people don't normally care about this stuff enough to sit at thier computer day and night and debunk conspiracy research.

I do. I am far more skeptic then your typical conspiracy theorist.. I like the debate and the reading... ATS isn't ALL about Conspiracies so much as it's about Alternative Topics, conspiracy and not conspiracy related.

Then you have the children, mainly 11-16 range, poorly written, I need not say anymore.

You would be surprised how many of those poorly written responses are from 20, 30, 40+ year olds.

The only people I have ever thought where paid to be here where Chinese posters during the Olympics.. other then that, never suspected it.

How do we know YOUR not paid to be here?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hello sticky,

Yes I agree with you. Recently I tried to point this out to the moderators on ATS but to no avail.

I think that perhaps they misunderstood me, I was not complaining that people had an alternate viewpoint, I was pointing out that there seems to be a deliberate attempt to squash some threads and to belittle the posters. They have no real opinion on the subject and they are just here to post
''no conspiracy here, move along, move along'' items.
To me, they just stick out like a sore thumb.

My post was in ''NASA UFO 2009 Shuttle Atlantin may 11, at 11.42'' in a reply to Franspeakfree.

As I said in my post, if ATS recognise this and they dont do something about it, then they must want it to continue.

Ta
( now, back to the Police State formerly known us the UK )

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAssociate

No i think most likely people are paid to go through all boards they can to belittle truths etc....

The american government must spend fortunes just keeping all there secrets,a nd why do we get no whistle blowers anymore?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I'm here a lot. I wish someone would pay me.

Seriously .. I doubt there are paid posters.
I know Obama used them during his campaign.
That was admitted.
But for topics like those that are here .... nah.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   
To the OP. I too spend a lot of time online, been disabled since '87, and nothing else to do. It's not just this board that has these folks. I belong to 9 forums, and post in all every few days. Post anything about UFOs, ET, government conspiracies, or revolution/seceding from the union and here they come, telling everyone this is a lie, this is not true, and anything else to derail the thread. I think we all know the CIA/NSA patrols these board. They have to is they wish to keep up with what people are talking about. And look at the things we talk about in here. Do the pay people to derail topics? I would bet on it. Does it really work? No, it doesn't. It only works is the person gets mad and what is being said, and begins to flame the skeptic. This is what the Ignore Button is for, isn't it?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Honestly no one would need to pay them.
There is so many nutjobs on the internet who think its their patriotic duty to lie and debunk people trying to find the truth.
Also many wacko's who are ignorant and are afraid of the truth and would choose to hide from it.
You don't need to pay them.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Maybe....... maybe.... please, brace your self... Maybe not all people have the same beliefs as you?

I find it sad that you "Ignore" members who disagree with you. What a great way to further intellectual debate.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
What about those posters who are sceptical about certain topics, on the fence to some others and are believers of the rest?

Also no one needs to pay anyone, self righteous "know-it-alls", arrogant egotists and conflicting beliefs between Believers/ Believers, Sceptics/Sceptics as well as Sceptics/ Believers will do the job on its own. Don't believe me? look at how fractured all the different alternative, sceptic...etc communities are even the mainstream groups are fractured. If anyone pays anyone to do this in order to use this entirely freely tappable resource then they are fools.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Marshall Ormus]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Something I've noticed is that some more strident members seem to miss or completely misconstrue the point another member has made.

The other person then tries to defend their position and point out that their opponent has misread or misunderstood their post.

From there you get a big battle with many quotes cited and the person who has taken the point wrongly gets increasingly bullying rather than admit they are wrong.

(This has nothing to do with who is 'right' or 'wrong' about the topic).

I don't know whether or not any of that is a deliberate attempt to derail a thread, but I suppose it could be a tactic some of the time.

It is quite wearing to read through it all, but I don't like to interfere.

I don't mind a debate, with quotes, if only both members read each other's posts properly and put forward a reasoned argument.

Would you be prepared to give us examples of what you are talking about?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
Does it make any sense to you that there are people so passionate about attempting to discredit only certain subjects of ATS and hardly touch other content?

Yes it does actually. I'm usually found lurking and posting in the political threads lately, that is where my attention currently is offline so it is completely normal for it to be online as well. I occasionally post in topics that have nothing to do with politics, but for the most part I haven't since around October. Prior to that I was usually lurking and posting in the threads about religion, or just lurking and not posting at all. That was where my attention was at the time. During this time I rarely have gone into the UFO related threads, simply because I don't have much interest in the subject at the moment. I have my opinions on the matter and have seen things, but I don't have much interest in discussing them so I don't go in those threads.

According to your theory, that would mean that I am getting paid to be here since my focus is mainly on one topic. Does that make sense to you? It doesn't to me, but I sure would like to know where I can sign up to get paid. Being a housewife I could use the extra cash, and if people are going to think I get paid anyway just because I mainly post in one topic and not much in the rest then I'd like to know where to send the bill.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte
Well, spit out some names. You say you are good at recognizing patterns, let's see what you have come up with.

I don't think it would be right of me to actually state names. Maybe I will do this if I somehow become angry. Doubt it.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sticky
I don't think it would be right of me to actually state names. Maybe I will do this if I somehow become angry. Doubt it.

Well, then I guess this thread is much ado about nothing. How can we give an opinion if you will not give us examples of the patterns you speak of?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This topic is so complex, I'm sure I won't be able to do it any kind of justice.

We're dealing with a wide range of people here, from all different backgrounds, perspectives and geography. Most people that arrive here do so from wanting to discuss one specific issue. Of those, most of them see the wide range of topics available and end up spreading out eventually. Some don't.

Some are capable of having an open mind and willing to at least consider others' opinions. Some aren't. Some take their particular issue of interest very seriously, to the point of being belligerently defensive about their stance. others are much more casual and convivial.

Some people change their approach, outlook, and demeanor through their tenure here, sometimes as a result of their time spent on ATS. Some don't.

As far as what the ATS stance is, it's spelled out in the Terms and Conditions. We don't have an "official" ATS position on anything other than having a place for people to discuss a topic in a civil environment free of personal attacks and topic derailment.

And that is accomplished with the assistance of the membership understanding what the Terms and Conditions are and alerting on the violations. Not responding in kind, not attacking, not taking a topic further off-topic by discussing how off-topic it's getting, not by posting an in-thread plea for the "mods to do something".

The topics are member driven. The threads are member driven. Not everyone who disagrees is a "disinfo agent" or "agent provocateur". Sometimes people just disagree, and sometimes too stridently. Please help us help you by alerting on the miscreants and we'll take it from there.

And the absolute Number One Rule- DON'T FEED THE TROLLS.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sticky

well...saying "obama is a muslim" as a topic is going to get trashed. the old adage...the bigger the conspierecy, the more evidence needed.... applies here for most of us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join