It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water company admits fluoride overload

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny_Sokko
Well, I just thought I'd drop in and share a fun little fact with you. Did you know that if your kids eat a bowl of cereal and drink a Coke, that they will already be over the recommended dosage of fluoride by 130%?

Did you also know that fluoride is actually a byproduct of the aluminum smelting process, fertilizer, and pharmaceutical manufacturing? And did you know that that the cost of disposing fluoride is pretty staggering? So, is it any wonder that it is entirely convenient for them to use our drinking water supply for their fluoride dumping grounds?

There's more too, but I'll let you embark on your own journey to find out just how bad this stuff is. There is NO reason this stuff should be in our drinking water. I'm sure you will agree after doing a little reading of your own.

In case you haven't really embarked on an internet search of fluoride yet, you can start here:

Link

I didn't know that about cereal and soda....

It seems to me, that with so many things, we just take for granted that "everybody knows Fluoride is safe."

Look how long it took to prove Nicotine was bad for us -- almost as long as it is taking to prove that Marijuana is harmless.

We used to just assume that there was this basic decency and that our government wouldn't lie to us if it might hurt kids. Well how long did they not bother to test Chinese toys for lead paint?

So, if it's expensive to pull Fluoride out of water and food -- which would seep in our water supply just from having so much of it in fertilizer. Isn't it a lot more cost effective to just bribe a few officials and create some bogus studies?

I mean, we have ice caps melting, thousands of scientists saying there is global warming -- either THAT is a conspiracy, or a few Oil companies, paying think tanks and Bill O'Reilly is a conspiracy to discredit the Global Warming theory. Either way -- SOMEBODY is getting paid to lie, and doing it well enough that the "jury is still out." Me, I'm thinking its the Oil companies and right wing pundits because they lie all the dang time.

In general, I've lost faith in so much since Bush took office. The Fed, EPA, FDA, CIA, NSA, CDC, WHO, and all the three-letter agencies have become merely shills for the groups they regulate or spy on, or bankrupt. If you want to sue for a defective drug -- well they got a pass by the FDA. If you want to sue a coal plant for Asthma -- they got a clean bill of health from the EPA.

Fluoride may be fine as an industrial waste product from making Aluminum, but I'm damn sure now, that if it weren't -- it would be portrayed as the cavity fighting wonder and everybody knows it is safe -- just as it is now. Don't worry our pretty little heads conspiracy theorists.

>> This is how societies crumble. Decent tax-paying family men like myself, stop believing anything they are told. If the EPA told me the sky was blue, or the CDC said I need to inoculate myself with this required vaccine or I'm going to turn into a pig -- I'm not going to do it. I don't have any guarantee what-so-ever that some flunk wasn't paid to lie to me.

>> This is why we have to prosecute so many BushCo crimes. And all the other abuses of the public trust.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Could anyone post a link for a good AND cheap source for reverse-osmosis filter system?

Regardless of the value or danger of Fluoride -- this is just one of many "experiments" with what gets into our food supply I'd like to do without.

Failing that, is there something you can put in the water that Fluoride bonds to?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

Good thread. Thanks.

Water quality is a big issue - not just availability - and complicated to fix. ...Filtration and disinfection does not work on new diseases; changing the technology cuts profits so it won't be done; governments won't spend the money to enforce regs. It's all bad. Needs changing the whole economic and industrial system to guarantee health methinks.

Johnny_Sokka and Kailassa - great contributions. Thanks.

PS. Kailassa. I'm a Leonard Cohen fan too... Love the London concert (DVD).

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I don't get it.

We're intentionally being poisoned with fluoride and no one is upset?

Btw, why would you give anyone fluoride supplements?

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77

A little story for all you fluoride conspiracists. We all know the underlying problems of fluoride. Was is a mistake, or a clever little trick to top up the levels?

Queensland was the first to introduce fluoride into Australia. As far as I know this is the first time anything like this "Mistake" has happened.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

it's the citizens who pay for mistake though.

That is not fair.

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Just listening to "Ring of Fire" with Bobby Kennedy. They are interviewing a man who is talking about the dangers of Fluoride;
All evidence about the efficacy of Fluoride comes from one federally funded research on the link between bone cancer and Fluoride: Chester Douglas at Harvard, who also works for the tooth paste industry.
Fluoride is only proven to work as a topical antiseptic, killing tooth bacteria on contact -- there is no evidence that it works through ingestion, and in fact, Europe for the most part shows a similar decline in tooth decay as the US has, due most likely, to their adoption of Fluoride in toothpaste.

Kind of par for the course. "Everybody knows Fluoride is safe." And yet, nobody can point to real studies proving this case. There are lots of animal studies that show different.

The critical age I'm hearing is between 7 to 9 years old, especially in boys during their growth spurts. My son is just turning 7,.... I'm not going to wait for an apology later.

You folks who believe Eli Lilly when they could lose billions in a lawsuit to Autism cases, about how putting a mercury preservative in immunizations -- well, go ahead.

And an aluminum by-product of Fluoride in drinking water -- when I can find that it's a topical bacteria killer, and putting it in your entire body ... well go ahead.

I found that a big source of mercury is due to the cost-savings in processing Corn Syrup. A breakfast bar, sweetened with corn syrup, can have 50 micrograms. The industry didn't come out and tell anyone, and in fact it took a lawsuit to get the list of names. They didn't go out and get mercury free corn syrup when they learned of the issue. Nope. They are probably waiting for people to find out, and if that happens, hire some shills to disinform people and THEN quietly taking it off the market.

But this industry doesn't bother unless it is forced to. It would hurt profits.

So anybody confident that what we are told about these issues is correct, hey, you have a lot of faith in people that don't deserve it.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
There is an e-petition available against flouridating Queensland's water supply: www.parliament.qld.gov.au...

I encourage all ATS Queenslanders to sign (there may be a few other e-petitions you might want to sign while you're there)

Whatever you think of flouridation, it should be up to the individual to decide if they want supplements, not the governments.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by zenius

Thanks for that.

Good find.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join