It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Water company admits fluoride overload

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Water company admits fluoride overload

www.news.com.au

A QUEENSLAND water company has taken more than two weeks to tell the Government about a treatment plant malfunction that saw too much fluoride added to water supplies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
en.wikipedia.org
alkalinelifestyle.blogspot.com

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:41 AM
link   
A little story for all you fluoride conspiracists. We all know the underlying problems of fluoride. Was is a mistake, or a clever little trick to top up the levels?

Queensland was the first to introduce fluoride into Australia. As far as I know this is the first time anything like this "Mistake" has happened.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
No need to worry! Thanks to the way that fluoride instills submissiveness in people, it is likely that the people will not feel like questioning those in charge who were responsible for this hiccup. Actually, perhaps they can simply be convinced than there had been an outbreak of cavities in the area, and this was the most economical way of helping the citizens.

I'm rather curious about how the chemical is administered to water supplies. Maybe I'll have to do a little research on that.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Yup, I remember here in the states (in my town) at some point we had a chlorine overload. The board said it was "accidental contamination" and that "levels were not dangerous" but come on, it happened 3 times.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Is fluoride lethal though? I mean in that level of overload?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by John_Q_Llama

I'm not sure how it enters the water stream either. I take it through a seperate monitored pipe by the sounds of things.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Twista

As far as I know it's lethal in large doses.

Here's a good website that explains a lot of the background...

members.iimetro.com.au...

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twista

Yes.

And in less than lethal concentrations it can still do great damage.

I have congestive heart failure. I'm told I will probably die of it.
My doctor says it could be due to me being hyperthyroid, and not being treated properly for it, for many years.

I have now gone off fluoridated water, buying all the water our family drink. I no longer need thyroid medication as my thyroid is functioning normally again.

Fluoride is known to do thyroid damage. Therefore it is possible my death will be due to drinking fluoridated water.

Some interesting info on fluoride from sources that seem to be unbiased:

RE-EXAMINATION OF ACUTE TOXICITY OF FLUORIDE

Fluoride Is Poison, Says Dartmouth Doctor

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Anything in large enough amounts is lethal.
Water
Salt
Sun
Food

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77
Queensland was the first to introduce fluoride into Australia. As far as I know this is the first time anything like this "Mistake" has happened.

not it isn't. I've been drinking flouridated water in melbourne for years. and btw the water quality in melbourne is like one of the best in the world.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tentickles
Anything in large enough amounts is lethal.
Water
Salt
Sun
Food

Just some are more lethal in smaller amounts, and that's the important thing here.

Fluoride however, was just meant to be put on your teeth and spitten out again, not to be swallowed in large quantities.

If that was the purpose I might just as well be eating tubes of toothpaste.

(Good thing I live in the EU, in a country where they don't add fluoride to water
)

[edit on 14/5/09 by -0mega-]

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Flouride has only recently been introduced to our queensland water supply. What gripes me is that there are no off the shelf water testing kits that we can buy to self monitor the flouride concentrations in our tap water. We have to rely on local or state government for that. The regional councils were responsible for our water before the state took over, and the water in my opinion doesn't taste as good. Soon after the state took over,,,wham,,,, we are given no choice about flouridation.

I grew up on Melbournes water and spent time in the outback living on bore water. I had alot of tooth fillings while in Melbourne and only 2 in the previous 20 years living without flouridated water...go figure.

Coincidence or not, since we have had flouridated water, I have experienced nausea and stomach cramps regularly. My skin gets itchy and breaks out in itchy cystic-like pimples. (no diet or lifestyle changes)

Is the government going to pay for a reverse osmosis filtering system for me? I don't think so. Our freedom to choose is lost.....

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by zenius
Is the government going to pay for a reverse osmosis filtering system for me? I don't think so. Our freedom to choose is lost.....

Get a grip of yourself. Dood its called a water filter. filters out most biological and chemical addiditves. They can be cheap as well buddy. Go install one.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
From what I've read on the net, DaRage, normal water filters do not filter out flouride. Can you find me one that can for under 20 bucks?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Well, I just thought I'd drop in and share a fun little fact with you. Did you know that if your kids eat a bowl of cereal and drink a Coke, that they will already be over the recommended dosage of fluoride by 130%?

Did you also know that fluoride is actually a byproduct of the aluminum smelting process, fertilizer, and pharmaceutical manufacturing? And did you know that that the cost of disposing fluoride is pretty staggering? So, is it any wonder that it is entirely convenient for them to use our drinking water supply for their fluoride dumping grounds?

There's more too, but I'll let you embark on your own journey to find out just how bad this stuff is. There is NO reason this stuff should be in our drinking water. I'm sure you will agree after doing a little reading of your own.

In case you haven't really embarked on an internet search of fluoride yet, you can start here:

Link

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, it is frightful. However, as an academic, I am wary of bias reported on some of the web sites. Looking at scientific literature, the same problem arises....you don't know which scientists are reporting bias results based on who's funding them.
Bad for you or not, sceptic or not, I don't want my family consuming it. I still believe it is affecting the health of myself and my kids.
Can anyone recommend the best method for removing it from tap water or any test that can be done at home to test the levels? PLEASE?

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
from memory, the fluoride level was 20 times that of safe levels.

But It's OK, we need the fluoride because its good for developing teeth, I drank it all my life and now have 2 good teeth, the rest are filled or removed.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Twista

I would be more worried about the long term effects from the aluminum that is associated with fluoride showing a direct link to dementia and possibly Alzheimer's. Not sure how much aluminum is in fluoride but any at all is bad if ingested or so science now thinks. Could change tomorrow as many times as science decides something is bad for you, then says oh wait no this is good, oh wait no this is bad, oh wait etc.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Johnny_Sokko

Reading other forums, including those of the major news papers and t.v. blogs, most people are waking up to the fact that the issue of using fluoride in the water supply is as under-researched and reported as smoking was in the 1940's and 50's. I.e. trust us, it's good for you!

What is required is a public investigation on the use of fluoride in the water supply for digestion purposes. Only when there is an outcome that clearly shows that there are no health risks whatsoever, then it could be voted on in that particular country.

Given the history and origins of fluoride, the speed of implementation and lack of transparency on it's health risks to the public, it warrants a very skeptical view from most people, including I.

The issue of how the flow of this substance into the water supply is controlled and secured is also worthy of it's own investigation, as the OP shows.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny_Sokko

Did you also know that fluoride is actually a byproduct of the aluminum smelting process, fertilizer, and pharmaceutical manufacturing? And did you know that that the cost of disposing fluoride is pretty staggering? So, is it any wonder that it is entirely convenient for them to use our drinking water supply for their fluoride dumping grounds?

That used to be the case, but now the situation is even worse.

Most authorities have switched to and even more deadly form of fluoride, found on the pollution scrubbers of certain factory chimneys, mostly from China. This comes complete with a wide range of pollutants.

It's an old trick, dropping your deadly pollutants off into a stream or dam somewhere.
But now, instead of prosecuting people, the government pays for the stuff and drops it in our drinking water.

Fluoride was used to quieten prison camp inmates in Germany, then operation Paperclip brought the idea to America.

The freedom the average citizen thinks they have has been gradually eroded ever since.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join