It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapid sunlight dimming

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I just experienced the strangest thing. I live in a house with skylights, and those do not have shades or curtains. The sunlight coming in through the skylights dimmed then brightened four times in quick succession. There are no trees to block the sun, the sky is clear of clouds, no aircraft in the area, and there's nothing high enough to create a shadow over the skylights. As I was typing this, it happened twice again.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Where are you?

line 2

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Wow, that's odd. What do you think it was? Is the mind playing tricks with light? Maybe its a message from beyond to pay attention to something you've been ignoring. Probably not, but weird situations call for weird answers.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Could it be birds flying past?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
I'm in SE New Mexico. Naw, it's not my mind or optics playing tricks on me, the light definitely dimmed into shadow, I looked around to make sure. The artificially lighted area in another room stayed bright. As for birds... it would have had to be a flock of Rocs.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

That really is odd. I can't imagine what it could be. What does your instinct tell you?

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Are you operating interior lights at the times you've noticed dimming?

If so, it may be your electric utility that's having problems.

If system voltages are dragged down, lights dim and the overall light intensity inside the house is dimmer.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Not where I'm at. I'm directly underneath a skylight. The electric lights in the other room that were on did not dim, and they are standard florescent. The computer that I'm on always dies if there's even a momentary power dip... even if the power dip isn't enough to notice otherwise.

As far as instinctual response goes, I'm just really, really, calm, and that's not normal. Everything has an extremely sharp, almost vibrant, focus to it. Maybe I'm just losing my mind.

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
And noone was washing the skylight either ?

Your wife or mother? (Dont know your age
or 'the windowwasher' ??

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
I'm in SE New Mexico.

Looks like there has been some clouds in your area. This pic is from 1pm GMT with the clouds moving east fairly rapidly

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2e628eaaa8fb.jpg[/atsimg]

-E-

[edit on 12-5-2009 by MysterE]

posted on May, 12 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

Naw, physically check that by going outside and looking. The radar shows something, but nothing but clear skies.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I had a similar thing just happen to me about 15 minutes ago. I walked out of my motor home to go to the bathroom outside. While i was going i looked up at the moon. As i was watching i could see what looked like stars moving around it pretty fast. I cant know for sure if they were as my eyes were adjusting to the darkness.

Anyways after about a minute of staring the moon looked strange. It seemed like it it was being dimmed and undimmed like a light switch every 3 seconds or so. It didn't like disappear and become black just dimmed a considerable amount. It was very noticeable, and it happened about 10 times. it was around 1:30 am pacific time. Anyone else ever see something like this with the moon?

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Apparently, the sun is dimming. This has nothing to do with your shadows, but it is a sad day for the world, because if the sun is dimming, we are getting into a nuclear winter.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Sometimes this is an internal awareness, it's not the sunlight but a spiritual light being eclipsed by the spirit of another.

This is a common experience when your personal energy is being drained by another. It is an awareness of an oppressive darkness coming over the self, like a cloud.

Was there anyone else around?
Did you feel drained by the experience?
Did you feel tired after it happened?

The fact that what you perceived to be a shadow over a skylight creeped you out, indicates a dis-ease with what was happening. A sense of overshadowing darkness.

If you close your eyes, you can become aware of the same thing, the perceived brightness through your eyelids, when certain people come near you. If you see the room darken, they are tapping you like a keg of rootbeer. They may not even be aware of it. The dangerous ones are well aware of what they are doing.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

or its building up its next solar flare...

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cyberbian

I'm a science guy, but nobody was around, and I always feel tired lately. Science aside, or unaside, I know there is more to thing than we understand, and given my past, if it's some some thing like that, the person should know better. I'll start journalizing, and looking for a pattern in things. Perhaps it's just some strange one-shot deal.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well I believe you. I don't like admitting it but I frequently notice shadows and movement peripherally for which there is no obvious source. There are also times when I see what I call silver fairies. Its kind of like a cloud of dust motes or reflective sparkles. I've seen them for many years but no one else does. There is no dizzyness or change of vision involved when I see them. It doesn't bother me or affect my life. I just notice it and go on. But it is odd.

posted on May, 13 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Hazelnut i think i know what your talking about. I've been noticing little dots which i would describe as you did. I only see them when i'm outside though.

posted on May, 14 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I'm not asking you to believe anything, only per percieve and observe.
You will figure it out for yourself.

If someone were able to tap you from a distance and keep you tired all the time, that would probably be deliberate, not necessarily though.

The defense for this is to visualize yourself in a bubble of white protective light, extend the bubble around your entire home. Picture it keeping out anyone and anything which would do you harm. One bubble for you, wherever you go, one for your home and property.

Picture a smaller bubble circling you A sparkling little bubble full of energy.

Fill it with self destructive intention, give it all the suicidal rage you can muster, mad intent! Also give it the defensive intention so that should someone try and steal it, it fills their energy with its intention; overriding all of their energys intent with it's own. Give it the intention to seek the nearest glass and destroys the glass using itself and your attackers energy by making the glass shatter.

A vampire almost killed herself attacking me once. It's not nice to steal other peoples shineys. A glass exploded in the sink, she reeled around pointing her finger at me and shouted "You bastard!" while clutching her heart. I was chanting with some Lotus Sutra Buddhists at the time.

Boy were we surprised! I never expected another human would be the one grabbing it! It was really setup as a defense agains stray malicious energy.

[edit on 14-5-2009 by Cyberbian]

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I have had this happen to me as well.

I lived in SC at the time- The sun was coming in the window, I was in the bathtub, and suddenly, the sun went out. Something like 3-4 times in rapid succession- and I mean COMPLETELY out. There are no trees, bushes, or anything that was able to obscure the window. I sat there for quite a while, blinking and checking my vision.

It's nice to know someone else has had this experience, because for the longest time, I thought I was nuttier than a can of Planters.

A side note: This area also seemed to have some sort of VERY weird occurrences other than this- 'ghost battles', earthquakes, weird lights- it was my own personal Bermuda Triangle.

I forgot to add- I do occasionally 'see' stuff, but some of that may be because the last idiot eye doctor jacked up my prescription without my knowledge. It doesn't however explain the light sources I not only see- but so do my cats occasionally.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by wylekat]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join