It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Push to Revolution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+30 more 
posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Not long ago I visited the home of a friend of mine on a whim and found his grandfather sitting on the front porch with his Garand. Now in the South this is not too unusual in the country as many a farmer has his shooting iron with him, but I had never seen this old soldier take his prize military rifle out of the Gun Cabinet except to lovingly clean it. To him, it had almost a life of its own, as he had carried it across France and Germany with it never leaving his side; now it was out, loaded with the 8 round clip belt and bayonet next to it across his knee.

As I approached, I noticed that level expressionless gaze of a combat veteran coolly evaluating the level and the potential of a possible threat represented by my arrival. I had had that tingling of my hackles, as I had pulled down his drive, as if I was being watched; I had been observed from the moment my SUV had left the main road and his grip on the Garand relaxed only when he had not only recognized me, but visually cleared my 4x4 for not having anyone else in it. At that moment, his huge black German Sheppard walked out from behind the house and sat beside him (the side closest to me). I knew for certain that I had gone through a friend/foe challenge as thorough as might be given a returning patrol to a base camp.

After some small talk and my having found out that Tim was back in Iraq for the third time, Grandpa James pulled out the mason pint of corn droppings and chaw (you can’t talk no b’saness without’n such these parts) and we got to it. As I raised the jar and sipped liquid fire, I almost choked as I saw the circled thirteen stars on the Revolutionary Flag and the Gadsden flag flying on the newly painted flag pole across the front fifty; the usual American Flag with the Stars and Bars below it were gone. He snorted as he noticed me startle, but said nothing, and I knew better than to ask until he was ready to talk.

By and by he said “Son, I’ve been know’n for some time what you’ve been up to; word travels fast here abouts and all respect those scars you carry. You did right by Tim and he loves you as a brother, but now all that talk’n and teach’n needs to stop, time for talk’n is a mite over as them federals are itching for a fight. Time for you and yours to head to your cabin as I expect they’ll be looking for you directly." With a shocked expression I looked up at the flag pole and following my gaze he said, “This is not a north/south fight, not this time; this is about every American fighting to stay free and this’uns been coming some time.”

I stayed in the Blue Ridge long enough to find out that men of all ages and colors were stock piling food and ammunition even as the results of the first Tea Parties were announced. Preachers were preaching of coming hard times and to be ready, from pulpits in churches that were usually talking about ‘flying away’. There was a hardness and steady gaze to the men at the VFW as if they knew what was coming from passed down stories heard around camp fires; like that resolute expectation of country men awaiting a hard winter, an expectance with no fear of outcome.

News of our new President’s plans was being reported at VFW lodges, community groups and by word of mouth across the mountains. Farmers were ready to lock and load the minute the new proposed farm regulations were announced by the Farm Bureaus; gun stores posted the plans to circumvent the Constitution by United Nations Treaty to take our Second Amendment rights (along with other gun grab plans), anger over the Presidential World Apology for America Tour was palpable and the certain knowledge that our President was about to tax everything, including air, was spreading like wildfire. What was amazing is that this is certainly the Democratic South, but everyone was shelving old party loyalties to remember that they were first Americans. They talked as if they were being pushed, and if you push these good old boys, they’ll push back sooner or later.

Yes, the winds of Revolution are blowing in those mountains, the question is ‘how will it start’? As many have known, once the power grab started by the Progressives, they would over reach. It will start by one too many of these power grabs when either a state or group is faced with either knelling or refusing to submit. It is widely understood now that the progressives will loose power in the next election, so they will do everything they can to remake this nation; they will light the fuse with their blind overconfidence. Let us pray that cool heads will guide this confrontation to one of self-defense.

This Republic Shall Stand!

[edit on 5/10/2009 by SGTChas]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I am ready now, well right after I go visit my family to say goodbye.

I'm done playing convincer to people, if they can't see enough of it already, F-em they aren't worth my time.

I am actively seeking out sanctuaries, where I can work for my keep, and live truely free.

I will not be the one to wait till the enemy is at my door. By that time, each of us will be so overmatched, we will have no choice but to submit.

Americans love to say, I have weapons, that's all I need. This is utter BS. If you even go for a weapon to defend yourself, you will be killed. There is only one hope left to change the world.

I am also sorry to those who don't understand the prophecies. If we don't take control of this earth now, the real prophecy will unfold.

We were given a choice. Stop wasting time trying to reason your thoughts. You aren't crazy, you are being called to the forefront. This war has been in the stars, but its outcome is still uncertain.

If we fail, we start over again.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I grew up in the blue ridges, and have recently returned home. I agree with you, the attitude has changed. Those who pay attention to what is going on in the world today know nothing good will happen out of this power grab. I do not think anything will be happening anytime soon though, we are still too fat and too happy. Give it some time, and keep ready.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Wow! That certainly is a good read. It speaks directly to worrisome visions I've had in my head for the past couple of years. I've been watching the American people get harassed and picked on and badgered to death by cops and laws and taxes and betrayal by their government, more and more each passing day. In my opinion, the government seems by all measurements... to have gone mad.

As long as the foreign owned FED continues to control and manipulate the money supply, with the very clear goal of diminishing it's value to zero, thereby bankrupting the entire country and every American citizen... America is doomed.

static.seekingalpha.com...

The only chance of survival is to take back control of government, by dissolving it completely. Last I heard, 31 of the states had prepared documents to remind the federal government about the constitution, and that the constitution allows any one of the states to dissolve the federal government if it got out of line. I'd say it's gotten a little out of line.

As I see it, more and more backs are being pushed up against the wall daily. The federal government has pushed the good American people so hard, so far, for so damned long, that it's way too late to try to correct it. There's no turning back now. It can only have one result that I can think of. In my very best and sober judgment, I'd say the writing is on the wall.

[edit on 10-5-2009 by Albertarocks]

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
This problem isn't only in America, do not turn your head to the supressed truths. This will turn out to be a fight for the entire earth.

The most intresting part for me is that I wanted to write my own version of what the OP beat me to.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by sticky

For certain there will be a fight world wide; however, we in America have a prewritten Revolution as Duty clause in our Constitution. Thus, for us it is a matter of self-defense IF we do not fire first.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
People across this nation are . . . well, fuming. Every week, just when you think the madness will stop, they come up with entirely new stupidity.

Albertarocks, very perceptive of you. Yeah. We have problems. Real problems.

We're a nation of great technology, and yet we can't seem to get the simplist of things right.

T.E. Lawrence wrote, "With over 2,000 years of history, no significant military or political mistake should be made."

Well, he had never met American liberals. He was a man of action, a man of purpose, a man driven. Possibly mad, but certainly a man of conviction.

What is most unbelievable is the anger and pent-up resentment of traditional God-fearing Christians who never set out to offend anyone.

Man. When these good folks get pissed, it's one serious situation. There's no stopping a good man, who knows he's in the right. He'll keep coming, and he won't stop until things are fixed so that he can go home. We saw the same thing at Valley Forge. We saw the same thing all through American history.

Those who would push good men past their limits are truly fools. Because like a train, it takes a bit to get them going, but once it's got up a good head of steam, it's almost impossible to stop.

Rage is a formidable well of strength, but rage is short-lived. Cool, determined, ruthless execution of purpose is much more to be feared.

I too, have been stunned by some of the things I've heard talked about lately. Not the topics, nor the determination, but the shocking part is the folks this is coming from.

Normally peaceful, hard-working, good-hearted folks. They will not allow these pretenders to take us all down.

One event. The slightest event may be all it takes for the wheels to fall off this wagon.

And just like our ancestors, those who are serious are already armed up. For protection, for defense, and for resolution.

God help us all.

Things are going to hell in a handbasket, and each day, it's getting worse, with no end in sight.

posted on May, 10 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

What pains me dooper is that the Liberals of this nation do not even really understand how they are being used by the statist elite. Many truly believe they are working for the common good; while very sincere, they are sincerely wrong and will be left holding the bag while their statist puppet masters hide in compounds off shore while UN troops do their bidding.

Yes, the silent majority of America is awaking and their wrath will be terrible. I have even heard the country grandmas talking revolution; NOW THAT IS WHEN YOU DIVE FOR COVER! When they drop the brooms (devastating weapons when applied to the head of one who comes in too late) and pick up the double barrels there is hell to pay…

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I've heard it said that the road to hell is paved with good intentions. World War One broke out because of one single man's actions. One man made a terrible mistake, and that led to another mistake, which led to another, on and on.

One mistake, and before it ended, millions died.

History is full of men and groups of men who made terrible miscalculations.

The James/Younger boys were feeling kinda frisky, and picked on a quiet, peaceful town called Northfield. And got shot to doll rags for their mistake. Peaceful folks tend to get riled up when you try to take away their peace, their funds, and upset their way of life.

In 1989, Romanians decided they had enough. They didn't just revolt, they had a kangaroo court and executed the President Ceausescu AND his wife on Christmas Day. The security forces and police joined the crowds they were supposed to control. There's a powerful lesson there.

In the nineteenth century, west of the Mississippi, folks would on occasion have a bellyful and resort to the only type of law that could provide justice. Vigilantism. They wouldn't just stop with the prime one or two offenders, they would often catch up any and all undesirables and hang them all.

Once folks start cleaning, they really clean.

You couldn't pay me to be an elected federal Congressman or Senator. Folks are ticked, and guess who they blame?

I feel badly for the military and police, as they will be initially caught in the middle if things go tits up.

But I feel especially bad for the weak, the elderly, the helpless, the very young, and the unprepared.

A bad wind is blowing.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Sarge, Dooper, you both know exactly how I feel and how much I agree with you and respect you. The only thing I can say at this moment. Is that battle, unfortunately for many of us, is imminent, for others who claim to be "patriots" and "true american/conservatives" you and I both know they will simply hide in their holes while the fighting is going on. So I guess I will see the both of you patriots in battle . Hopefully we will win this one for the country, the people and our constitution and drive the despots off of our nation permanently. God willing that is.

We may not have officially waged war on our rogue government. But THEY certainly have. Now the question is, how many of you will rise up when the time comes?

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Some of the most staunch liberals I know can even sense the storm approaching.

Most importantly our military knows what is approaching and I believe they will be on the side of the people.

We have precious little time. Many will more will awaken as they progress their agenda.

Keep preparing everyone.

[edit on 11-5-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:36 AM
link   
For certain we will win, but not before much death and destruction. This is where we must be ready to defend the weak, sick and clueless; predatory animals must be stopped. While I sense the daily adrenalin and heightened awareness that was once my lot, I also know the weariness and dread of the horrible cost these power-grabbing idiots are forcing on us. May God change their hearts before it is too late.

Further, we do have to safeguard against just one true believer thinking he is doing 'God's work' or that he is a 'true patriot' by doing anything FIRST: Remember the lesson of the Lexington Green!

I really would rather be fishing in peace with our nation whole.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
My ancestors fought with the British early on, and then when it became necessary, against the British here in the States.

We're not among the generals. But we always show up, just like a lot of others.

What really sucks, is that someone with a tiny bit of common sense could reverse all this crap tomorrow. And none of this would be necessary.

Hell, I fought my war already, and hoped I'd never have to do it again. I just got to where the nightmares were almost gone, and the ghosts were hanging farther back.

But SOB! If it starts up again, I guess we'll just have to do it again.

I really don't see the actual government being much of a problem. Most of them are chiken***ts anyway. They'll save their own hides by resigning, or disappearing.

It's the lawlessness that would likely come that would be the most troublesome. Can you imagine a ninety day free-for-all? Looting. Robbing. Murder. Rampant crime?

We'd have to get that under control first, before we reinstitute the Constitution. And by God, I mean reinstitute! Not replace!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Indeed... I would rather enjoy my life in peace and quiet. It is truly sad these people are forcing this upon us...

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hrmmm . . . It seems like the same four or five of us in each of these threads

I am with you guys 100% on everything you said.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Reinstitute the pre-nineteen hundreds version, which is pre-progressive polluted. Any replacement attempt will be fought just as hard. Have to watch for the wolves in sheep’s clothing there; replacement is a back door to their power grab.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xxpigxx

Ya Chas might get a little more attention in the New World Order forum... but I find the conversation quite stimulating even from the 5 or 6 of us.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SGTChas

Definately.

And Senators should be appointed by the States. No more sell-out to pick up non-tax paying voters. The Senate shouldn't be a beauty contest.

And pre-1900 means no Federal Income Tax.

We pay our states, and our states fund our very limited Federal Government, tasked with their original authority.

And if California doesn't rejoin, then that would just make my day.

For four or five guys on the thread, we sure have a lot of Mods listed as keeping track! I like that!

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Ya San Francisco to be exact... those people deserve each other.

posted on May, 11 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Of course, we be talkin Revolution! But were do you see the list of Mods keeping track of the thread dooper? That is a new one on me... (OPPS! Should have read the small print on the bottom of the page! Not good situational awareness... Having too much fun talking about Chaw and dew!)

I purposely put it here as for one this is the current political issue sweeping the land, and second some of the people on the NWO threads are so out there they NEED a 'mother ship' to collect them and bring them back!

PS: Most of the left coast will be underwater soon anyway.

[edit on 5/11/2009 by SGTChas]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join