It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to Address Muslim World From Egypt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
source

President Barack Obama will address the Muslim Word from Egypt on June 4, White House spokesman Robert Gibbs said today. The nation “in many ways represents the heart of the Arab world, and I think it will be a terrific opportunity for the president to address and discuss our relationship with the Muslim world,” Gibbs told reporters. Obama pledged to address the Muslim world during the campaign, and has made several efforts to reach out to the world’s Muslim community since taking office. “To the Muslim world, we seek a new way forward, based on mutual interest and mutual respect,” Obama said in his inaugural address. Obama also gave an interview with the Dubai-based Al-Arabiya Network in late January. “I have Muslim members of my family. I have lived in Muslim countries,” Obama said. “My job to the Muslim world is to communicate that the Americans are not your enemy.” Obama is expected to make the stop during a foreign trip that includes a visit to France to commemorate the anniversary of the D-Day landings in Normandy.

source

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I've lived in Egypt, and although I loved my time there and the country, I certainly don't respect the way they treat women there. This goes for many Islamic states in the world, but I guess the monar- & oligarchies in the West share more interests with the Islamic world's monar- & oligarchies than they do with the people...

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
i dont respect the way any humans treat other humans, much less what one sex does to the other in any particular nation lol

i do have a odd question however - why are they announcing where Obama will be in a entire month? this gives terrorists way too much time to plan

something doesnt seem right about this guys....

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Good catch Muzzle.

That's a conspiracy in and of itself.

Why would they want to kill him though, or "terrorize" him.
He's already bringing the USA down (but thats just political trolling sorry)

I think any religion is a bad religion. Who teaches to do atrocities to women, just because well, because they have a uterus...?

The bible, quran is way back, and teaches of things that we know are foolish, yet people still believe them, and strap on bombs to show how loyal they are, frustrating to say the least.

If humanity makes it to a 1 million year mark. They will look back at us, and say we were the dumbest age of people, with all the answers in our face, we chose the wrong one, not only chose it, but embraced it! Without question, without doubt, just adorned it!

To Obama: The muslims don't care if you have islam heritage, they want to kill us! They have said a number of times, they do not talk with words, but with actions.

Your black and have muslim heritage, you think that impresses them at all in the least bit, NO! Why does he not get it!

It's not the color their against, it's not the charm there against, it's not the religion of the family their against, it's the way of life! It's the actions we do, not the trivial BS.

posted on May, 9 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I suppose he'll apologize for us arrogant Americans again. I swear I can't figure this guy out. No matter how hard I try, I just can't shake the bad feeling he gives me. I still can't look him in the eyes. I so hoped our first black president would be great like MLK, oh well.
What ever he says, I'm sure it will some how bash America.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Jihadists don't care what Obama says! He's probably on their side! I can't watch him on TV ... he gives me the creeps. He needs to shut his mouth about Americans. I'm sick of his apologies for us. Maybe the Arabs will make him their king and we can get rid of him.

posted on May, 23 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
At the risk of being flamed ...

New York Times - Kristof

Discussion

Maybe he's hunting for an invitation to be allowed to do the Muslim 'Call to Prayer'. Afterall ... he knows it by heart and calls it 'one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset'.

Mr. Obama recalled the opening lines of the Arabic call to prayer, reciting them with a first-rate accent. In a remark that seemed delightfully uncalculated (it’ll give Alabama voters heart attacks), Mr. Obama described the call to prayer as “one of the prettiest sounds on Earth at sunset.”

'Call to prayer' translated ...

“Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
Allah is Supreme! Allah is Supreme!
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that there is no god but Allah
I witness that Muhammad is his prophet… “

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Man! I have so many important things to do in my life than killing you
Muslims in Egypt are not that religious or as you may call it (Moderated Muslims) Actually Most Muslims are. we just don't care we don't have time for this # we've got our jobs and our life and hell no we treat our women very right in Egypt if you don't believe me come and ask my gf
"Your way of life and the actions you do" are pretty much the same in here
except that we are not terrified all the time about terrorists or death Much better life I think, sorry about that but this statement "it's the way of life! It's the actions we do" really cracks me up
why your thinking that your living a so unique life it's really funny
may be we don't share the same timezone but we share the same century you know
Also personally I actually care about Obama choosing Egypt to address his message to The Arab & Muslim World

Your problem is that I know so much about you and you don't know nothing about me. you know what, keep it that way may be somehow we benefit from that, Yeah it gives us some Laughs.

top topics

join