It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Containers full of bodies reported to have been discovered off the coast of Sattahip. Thailand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Containers full of bodies reported to have been discovered off the coast of Sattahip. Thailand

www.pattayaone.net

A disturbing story now from Sattahip District involving the discovery of containers thought to contain dead bodies. The story first broke last week on Thai TV Channel 3 following the discovery of a container surrounded by reportedly hundreds of skeletons. This discovery was made almost two months ago but remained a closely guarded secret until the story was leaked to the press last week.. We understand that a total of 8 containers have been found in three separate locations between Phie Island and Pram Island and 30 nautical miles off the Coast of Juang Island which are all located in the Gulf
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
From a local forum...

Yes it was reported on channel 3 news on Monday evening, my girlfriend translated it to me and the story goes somthing like this;
Some fishermen found a certain area quite a few klms out in the Gulf of Thailand where there were excessive ammounts of fish whenever they cast their nets though they would also catch decomposed human remains.
They investigated further by scuba diving down to find a shipping container that appeared to have been there for some time and was corroded, inside they found human remains, this happened a few years ago and the fishermen were reluctant to report this to the police in fear that they could get repurcussions as they suspected it could be mafia related.
Recently though the same fishermen have now discovered a further 5 containers nearby to the first one they found, and they too have human remains inside which also again explained why they would always get a good catch of fish when they cast their nets there.
After finding the additional containers they decided to go to the police hence the report on Monday night, the fishermen that were interviewed on camera though did request anonymity and had their faces blurred out due them fearing that this is related to the mafia.
They also stated that there could be over 100 bodies down there.

PS. My girlfriend now refuses to eat fish, and i must admit that i am also a little reluctant to do so too.

www.pattayaone.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Recently the Thai military tortured (beat and bound them lying in the hot sun for hours) and set adrift Burmese immigrants.

However these are said to have been down there for 20 years?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Can you fix the link to your pic's? I get a 'No permission' error, followed by a 404.

Thanks.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Can you fix the link to your pic's? I get a 'No permission' error, followed by a 404.

Thanks.

Hi

It works for me? Try the link to the original source, the photo's are there.

Pattaya News

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Who are more feared in Thailand - the Mafia or the Military?
Such a mass of bodies seems a bit much for a Mafia operation IMHO.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Black May (Thai: พฤษภาทมิฬ phruetsapha thamin) is a common name for the 17-20 May 1992 popular protest in Bangkok against the government of General Suchinda Kraprayoon and the bloody military crackdown that followed. Up to 200,000 people demonstrated in central Bangkok at the height of the protests. The military crackdown resulted in 52 officially confirmed deaths, many disappearances, hundreds of injuries, and over 3,500 arrests. Many of those arrested were tortured.

There were reports of bodies being dumped by Thai Air Force helicopters in the North/ West Jungles but the numbers killed in the 92 crackdown (Suchinda) probably will never be known.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 06:11 AM
link   
The pics of the skull show a hole above the right eye...mischief?

Is Thailand really that wild? Where your military dumps bodies out of helicopters?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

I'm an expat living in Thailand but I think the top mafia are the military, followed by the police mafia and then the mafia...mafia !

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Yeah I thought about the hole in the skull too? But maybe just damaged on the seabed?

Strange story as they report the containers are sealed yet fisherman have been catching skulls in their nets?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It does look like a hole on the skull. Perhaps it was damanged after being dumped.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

hrmm... i guess you can say that the taste of the fish varies from person to person?

BTW. This is one of the reasons I don't eat crabs, shrimps or lobster.
Everytime a dead diver is found at the bottom of the ocean what do you think has to be shooed away from the body?

In any case this is one hell of a weird story. Do we know any ethnicity yet on the dead in the containers?

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Not much news about this at all!

Apparently a news team made a dive to the site but I am still trying to find what they found.

Will they be able to find the ethnicity from the remains?

[edit on 7-5-2009 by muddyhoop]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Just when I get to thinking this world is just about as bad as it can get......something horrifying like this comes to light.

Obviously Thailand was having its own mini holocaust

I wonder who the dead were, and WHY they ended up that way.......

[edit on 7-5-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Fisherman say they have been finding skulls and so on for years but it has never been in the news.

I think they are dead Thais and it is being covered up....until now.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
To me that skull looks like an older Asian female.That is a bullet hole over the eye,in my opinion.No teeth means elderly or robbed gold ones.I'm basing my guess of age/sex/ethnicity on the eye socket bones,mostly.This mystery of the skulls in the nets,while the containers are sealed could be explained by this place being used as a dumping ground for all manner of victims,like some just dropped from the air.And someone knows.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
dang thats pretty harsh stuff,

my #1 suspect is the thai military gov.

then Myranmar

the victims could be political prisoners, thailand/myranmar.

They could be thai or chinese immigrants who got swindled by thier smugglers.
or they could be some of the lao/hmong refugees that the thias said were repatriated to laos that no one seems to be able to locate.

But im certain one of the familiar voices of unreason we find here will blame it on the US.

posted on May, 7 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by muddyhoop

Ethnicity age sex all that stuff.
I'm wondering if it's Thai's or if someone else is dumping bodies in that area from a different country.

posted on May, 8 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

DSI takes new look at skeleton claim

Reports that shipping containers containing more than 100 human skeletons have been found on the seabed in Chon Buri will be investigated by the Department of Special Investigation. DSI chief Thawee Sodsong said investigators had looked into the report previously, after receiving reports that containers containing the skeletons had been found off Sattahip, but they had found nothing.

As the rumours had resurfaced in the media, the DSI would take another look, he said.

Pol Col Weerasak Meenakanit said he would head the new investigation.

Scuba divers claim to have come across a large number of skulls on the seabed during a coral reef adventure dive. They reported the find to the media.

DSI chief for foreign affairs Songsak Raksakul said a human trafficking network might be responsible.

The case may be similar to the tragedy of 54 illegal Burmese who suffocated in a cold storage container in Ranong province last April.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join