It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 Movie Hoax

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I had heard about the upcoming 2012 movie about a year ago. Today in my state of utter boredom I decided to check it out.

The official site can be found here 2012 Movie

Upon arrival at the above site I started checking out some of it's sister companies.
Such as, The IHC, and, This is the End.

This is the End, is a site that is made up to be some sort of blog belonging to a "Charlie Frost." Charlie Frost is just a character portrayed by Woody Harrelson.

The IHC, is a sham as well. If you look through it's members and associated scientists they are almost all actors using different names.

I fully understand that this is most definitely a marketing scheme. However, I wonder about the implications of this scheme.

If there is any truth to the 2012 theory, surely this will serve as a wonderful form of disinfo. A move like this could most definitely render the idea of 2012 to that of a preposterous postulation, as opposed to a theory in dire need of verification.

Ever Vigilante,
dillon

[edit on 6-5-2009 by Namaste]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Charlie Frost is going to be in the 2012 film?

I love his youtube channel, www.youtube.com...

He looks like that guy from that tv show Cheers.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Have you seen where the Lone Gunman predicts 911 before it ever happened as an inside black op?

Think about that and put it to the 2012 trailer on preparing six billion people for the end of the world. Why would they ask viewers to google search 2012 and not 2012: Movie?

Makes you wonder...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I am unsure if "Charlie Frost" will actually be in the movie. What I was getting at is the fact that "Charlie Frost" is a fictional character. In reality "Charlie Frost" is actually Woody Harrelson, an actor.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by watchtheashes

I just checked out the Lone Gunman. I had never heard of it until you introduced me. That's absolutely interesting. Chilling even.

I think there might be something to this upcoming movie. If 2012 is true, this would be the best way to keep the sheep in the fields instead of fleeing to the mountains.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
There is absolutely no hidden agenda with the "Advertising" of this movie.
It is a schlep to make everyone go see this movie.
I kind of like all of this farceness!!

Remember.."Bad publicity is better than none at all".

Peace...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gyrochiral
There is absolutely no hidden agenda with the "Advertising" of this movie.
It is a schlep to make everyone go see this movie.
I kind of like all of this farceness!!

Remember.."Bad publicity is better than none at all".

Peace...

AMEN, more and more often, movies are being hyped using the internet, (i.e. viral campaigns, spoof sites that relate to the movie, etc.).

My favorite is the DeNiro movie where he plays a genetecist that designs children. Some of you ATS'ers help me with this.

The website from that movie that was basically a website for the "institute" generated a lot of chaos from people thinking it was real.

What was the name of that movie?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MajesticJax

Godsend.....the De Niro movie.
It caused a ruccus alrighty..

Luv luv luv De Niro.!!

Peace...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
What about all the things that predict 911 beforehand? That might just be a MASSIVE coincidence but then again...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Why would anyone look to this film as a source of information to any real events, past or future???

This is just a film, made to cater for those interested in the 2012 debates that are currently being peddled across the internet. Its a film made to generate some profit for its creators, and NOT to further enlighten the people.

For enlightenment you have to research in your own time what information there is and make up your own mind to what, if any, the outcome of 2012 will be.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

How can one be so sure? In all fairness to the "farce," it is very plausible. Some might even say sensible.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

Who said anyone was looking to this film as a source of information? The discussion was actually geared towards the idea that the movie could be a source of disinformation and could destroy the credibility of future 2012 debates.

What a better way to silence all the 2012 believers than to turn the world against them through the media?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I don't see the point in spreading disinfo about 2012. Most people don't take it seriously, and I have never heard of any kind of public freakout over it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Farceness....that's two different things we're talking about here.
Farce...farceness.
I'm referring to the phony pitoouy about the movie advertising.
Not about it being a farce that so many believe in the ideas of 2012.

Far be it from me to call any of that farceness.

Peace...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Because ever since the mass media started they have slowly been conditioning us to think the same thoughts at the same time. That means "aliens don't exist" and "the world is not going to end in 2012" because they put it in there, and then their plan is un-exposed.

For example:

What is going on now?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
2012 debates are really popular right now.
Of course the movie is being lambasted on all fronts.
I do not think that there is a hidden agenda with this.
Just movie money making.
Directors and financiers are only acting on public emotion.
Art is imitating life..remember??
The end of the school year and summer is approaching. What better time to release a well talked about and controversial movie??

Open to interpretation it is.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

A source of disinformation? of what? 2012? as opposed to the truth and future debates?

Please enlighten me here, what is this disinformation you refer to? I am aware of numerous theory's to the possible outcome of 2012, which of the current popular theory's is disinformation?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gyrochiral

It is indeed open to interpretation but rather how is this then? That maybe the "Illuminati" control everything behind the scenes on the world scene including Hollywood and thus would use it to gain money for real world affairs at the same time as putting out "entertainment" and their plots. It makes sense. If everyone sees a major movie or box office hit, then the major population would scoff at someone who is onto something. I'm not really all for movies if the phenomena is real you know what I mean?

Too much evidence begs your thoughts in favor of conspiracy rather than "hogwash."

EDIT: However I don't really think there's a chance that every movie is "agenda related" but most of them seem to have an Illuminati "signature" if you will.

[edit on 6-5-2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Freelancer

What I'm getting at is the movie may well reduce the idea of 2012 to that of fiction...

And will write all of us believers off as whack-jobs...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Namaste

Ummmm... where has anything about 2012 been proven as true and not fiction?

Everyone is still guessing what 2012 could mean, or if it is even a real event.... hard to make a "farce" out of something that has no basis in fact, yet.

The IHC is nothing new, its been discussed here on a few different threads... You gotta love Viral marketing.

-edit- www.abovetopsecret.com... and www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-5-2009 by TwiTcHomatic]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join