It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illuminati serves a purpose.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It is simple really. They are the dis tractors.

Most of us believe there is a group that is above government that has influence over all. Their influence has caused wars, economic collapses, ect. Their corruption has caused scandals, deregulation, ect.

They keep us on edge, keep us judging ourselves against what the norm is. Real truth does not come from secret books or knowledge, internet forums, videos, webots, ect. If you would only step away from the constant search for truth and relax, not worry, enjoy life, live in harmony with the environment and yourself you will learn more truth than all the worlds text has to offer.

Personally for me, when I get the most relaxed as I can (with a little herbal help
) I see myself and the environment around me the clearest. Sometimes I will dismiss my findings as "highdeas"
and bring myself back to this synthetic world but only to come to realize in time I was seeing it more clearly then. It's kind of like going through an average day but not being able to hear or read anything around you. You only observe actions and expressions.

I guess my conscience is so used to this synthetic world I usually block most of it out but in my relaxed state I pick up on so much more because I'm more relaxed and less on edge.

Has anyone else felt the same experience?

Oh and not knocking ATS or what the internet has done for the wake up, this place is truly fascinating in such a world scared to be different.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Is it impossible to imagine that distraction from 'truth', identified as distraction, would not serve as a challenge and test to invoke mental, and spiritual growth?

Even if this "distraction" you propose is here, is not intended to aid in your growth, you can use it to improve your growth by overcoming the temptations and distractions in your journey through life.

-

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

Is it impossible to imagine that distraction from 'truth', identified as distraction, would not serve as a challenge and test to invoke mental, and spiritual growth?

Even if this "distraction" you propose is here, is not intended to aid in your growth, you can use it to improve your growth by overcoming the temptations and distractions in your journey through life.

-

When it comes down to it, its the "Illuminatis" job to distract. So that is our challenge to overcome the distraction. We are on the same plane of thought my friend.

Just think of the consequences if the majority of the world stopped being dependent on the system for everything and were self sufficient. Everything from basic needs like food, water, shelter, to education and philosophy. Their system would crash and the one's who would never ween off of it would be left all alone helpless.

It is our only way out. Physically and mentally. Well at least in my opinion

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I think there is at least one flaw in this argument...

You are looking at distraction of one government only.

If the illuminati does indeed exist, and if it is global as claimed, then it does not make sense that the purpose of the illuminati would be to distract from ALL governments.

How can the illuminati be working for all governments at once?

[edit on 6/5/2009 by Saurus]

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus

$

-

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think that "The Illuminati" needs to be defined here.
It does indeed appear that "they" are looked upon in several different modes.
How can one proceed on the current course of lambasting without really knowing??

Peace...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

I assume you mean "money".

If the organization does exist, with the purpose of making money by serving governments through "wagging the dog" or creating distractions, what, then, would be the need for all the supposed esoteric and arcane practices allegedly taking place.

It doesn't all fit together...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   
it all boils down to this actually..

One can't go about claiming the absolute 'evil' of the Illuminati.

There's no hardcore proof defining 'them' as a sole group of 'evil doers'.

Why? because we don't have all the data necessary to make that sort of conclusion.

As a whole, people researching the Illuminati, don't have in their hands, the absolute end-all be-all truth of humankind, our purpose here, our direction, the actuality of the phenomenon of death and reincarnation, of spirit...

If we had all of this absolute information, I dare say you'd take a second glance at your conclusions of the Illuminists being entirely 'evil' in their purpose.

From a base-level bible-obeying christian's point of view, you have the predictable accusatory finger pointing at Masons, the UN, and Illuminists...
This is only because of their conditioned view of reality through the Bible which has been censored, formatted and revised dozens of times.

If you actually KNEW everything of the absolute, and what we're doing here.. our essential existence AS parts of everything.
I think the view of them being completely 'evil' would do at least a 90 degree flip.

But if you place them as being responsible for 'that which is distracting you' .. then believe that, and hopefully you can use that adversary (imaginary or not) as an opponent to emotionally overcome within your spiritual development.

One thing you have to keep in mind is this..
If you are going to actually steer the world, then you have to master the evil and the good.
If you only master the evil, then the good will be out of your control, because you've not mastered it, and you've not understanding of it.

by the way , I'm using good and evil as defined as such:

good - anything that strives for the eventual elimination of human suffering.

evil - anything that strives for the promotion, and eventual all-pervasiveness of human suffering.

-

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gyrochiral

I agree. This thread suggests that anyone doing "distraction" for any government anywhere in the world is called "Illuminati."

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
From a base-level bible-obeying christian's point of view, you have the predictable accusatory finger pointing at Masons, the UN, and Illuminists...

I think I may have been unclear in the way I expressed my thoughts...

I am arguing against the common perceptions of Illuminati.
Personally, I do not believe in their existence, and I myself am a Mason.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Perhaps the title of this thread should be renamed then.
Why not say use the term "Elitists" instead?
This would encompass several groups of known and unknown hierarchal affiliation.

I, personally, am ashamed at the stone throwing against these groups that we do not fully comprehend. Ignorance, in its true sense, should spur one to investigate and research; with the goal of a better understanding. Learning is a most powerful path. I find that during this process, one must remain open to "disagreeable" information. We base our beliefs on solely what we already know. A line of learning adds to this basis, only if we remain open to input. Discourse at this point is most
encouraging and welcome; and, a natural step in our quest for knowledge.
Round and round it goes !!!

Peace...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkStar86

Would you please add to this by clarifying your view of "the synthetic world" ??
If your perception of this world is synthetic, then why would you even consider
stating that the Illuminati are a distraction for anything; or that a distraction is
even needed in the first place?

Just keeping the "quest" real !!!

Peace...

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Would you please add to this by clarifying your view of "the synthetic world" ??
If your perception of this world is synthetic, then why would you even consider
stating that the Illuminati are a distraction for anything; or that a distraction is
even needed in the first place?

Just keeping the "quest" real !!!

Peace...

Synthetic as in man made, designed by man. I really don't understand how some of you are not getting this honestly. It's really not hard.

"Illuminati" is the group that carries out the agenda to keep man distracted in a synthetic materialistic world.

The distraction is from our inner selves, our true selves, not our ego's.

I'm not saying they are necessarily "evil" I'm simply saying that is their mission/job in the world.

And why is everyone bickering over what the "Illuminati" exactly is or isn't? That is not what I'm discussing here. That fact doesn't matter. It's why they are, not who they are or how they do it, that's been discussed over and over. It's like looking at a murder scene from a professional contract killer, and only concentrating on how it was done. It's not the how, it's the why.

Who is influencing them to carry out the agenda? Is it simply the money men wanting more control? Or does it go beyond that?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Perhaps the title of this thread should be renamed then.
Why not say use the term "Elitists" instead?
This would encompass several groups of known and unknown hierarchal affiliation.

I, personally, am ashamed at the stone throwing against these groups that we do not fully comprehend. Ignorance, in its true sense, should spur one to investigate and research; with the goal of a better understanding. Learning is a most powerful path. I find that during this process, one must remain open to "disagreeable" information. We base our beliefs on solely what we already know. A line of learning adds to this basis, only if we remain open to input. Discourse at this point is most
encouraging and welcome; and, a natural step in our quest for knowledge.
Round and round it goes !!!

Peace...

I use the term "Illuminati" as a general term here for the invisible hand that pulls strings. I know this site is about "research" but don't kid yourself, googling is not research. If in fact this group does exist I'm willing to bet you're not going to find much hard info on them besides the names of the people who they use as puppets.

I'm not throwing stones here. Of course we don't fully understand them as well as many things around us. I'm simply throwing out my perspective on why they are here.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I agree. This thread suggests that anyone doing "distraction" for any government anywhere in the world is called "Illuminati."

Ugh.... Its not about the who... It's the WHY!

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Awakening to the truth can be very dangerous, especially if you still have to work for a living. Realizing that we are still part of a serf or slave paradigm can be very damaging. Most people cannot even entertain these thoughts. Have you ever noticed how some people react to anything that goes against the perceived status quo?

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I think there is at least one flaw in this argument...

You are looking at distraction of one government only.

If the illuminati does indeed exist, and if it is global as claimed, then it does not make sense that the purpose of the illuminati would be to distract from ALL governments.

This is offtopic. Forget about how they do it.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by archerpilot
Awakening to the truth can be very dangerous, especially if you still have to work for a living. Realizing that we are still part of a serf or slave paradigm can be very damaging. Most people cannot even entertain these thoughts. Have you ever noticed how some people react to anything that goes against the perceived status quo?

This post is not on topic but whatever. Most of the replies in here aren't.

Lol, so are you saying people should remain ignorant because they will have a difficult time comprehending truth? So? That's what makes it truth. Something hard to swallow. Something you feel in your gut. It has to be that way or most would not believe it as truth.

Personally knowing the truth makes life so much easier. Peace comes with understanding. I now understand why the world is the way it is instead of being angry or fearful why the world is the way it is.

posted on May, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Distraction and interference are two very different things.

If you would only step away from the constant search for truth and relax, not worry, enjoy life, live in harmony with the environment and yourself you will learn more truth than all the worlds text has to offer.

We would whole heartedly agree.

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Here are my current definitions for Good and Evil:

Good: That which promotes the good of the many. That which increases or sustains fertility. That which increases strength, understanding, or power not only for oneself, but everyone else

Evil: A selfish act, performed without concern for others, for the purpose of gaining or profiting from exploiting people and/or resources, thus creating death, mayhem, insecurity, disease, and sterility.

Good Sustains and Grows.

Evil destroys.

[edit on 17-5-2009 by truthandjustice]

top topics

join