It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dark City (The Movie)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I have never heard this movie discussed here before, but it's a movie that I thoroughly enjoyed.
The premise is a city where people are all controlled. Not by mind control, but by the "watchers" who...just past midnight, stop time completely, come out and change the world around to exactly the way they want it designed. The next moment, everyone is back to normal and nobody notices the changes.
This happens every night at midnight.
Slowly, people start to remember places they have been that no longer exist, and they try to find this one place, I think it's called Sunset Beach or something. They can't find it, and ask other people if they know how to get there. Some people claim they have never heard of it, others seem to recall it somehow, but can't remember where it is or how to get there.
Then a bum tells the guy, about the watchers who change the world every night, because he has seen them before, while drunk on the streets late at night.
Then the quest for the truth really begins.

It's a great movie, if you haven't seen it, check it out!
Classic Sci-Fi

[edit on 5-5-2009 by magickmaster]

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
This was a great movie, I saw it a while back and couldn't move away from it. They would come in and completely change people, their memories, their homes, everything. I think they were trying to capture the human soul or some such.

They were on a space ship or something. Was a great movie any how.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

Is this it?

www.imdb.com...

I was going to say, I thought you meant Dark Knight and not Dark Night, because if you did, "you and me are done professionally."

I remember a similar Twilight Zone' episode, the 1990s series, I think. And every second of time was broken-down and rebuilt by these workers. And this guy got trapped in that space and time and witnessed the workers. Somehow it was explained how you misplace something or something becomes amiss it is because of these workers...the story ends with the guy returning to normal time and finding a special-colored wrench of one of the workers left out in the open (something the workers missed).

Fascinating topic. Does anyone remember what episode I am trying to remember?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
The movie isn't called Dark Night, but its called Dark City. The Dark Knight is a Batman movie that just came out last year.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Just curious. Is this thread going to be about movies or Aliens/UFOs?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I thought I had seen every twilight zone, as a kid, but I know I missed a few, and I guess this was one I missed. It's funny, how everything is borrowed from somewhere.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

I brought it up, to point to the movie, but it's UFO or paranormal related. My apologies if I listed it in the wrong location, please move it appropriately.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TravisT

Thanks TravisT, I changed it just now.
Popular Culture has confused me.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisT
The Dark Knight is a Batman movie that just came out last year.

Yeah, my cat knows that.

So the film in question is Dark City, this film?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Pretty good movie a little too dark for most scenes lighting wise but other than that excellent movie.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You may have to watch it a couple times through to understand the plot, or should I say plots.

I have the dvd somewhere, I may put it on in the background...

posted on Apr, 24 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Here is the film on YouTube, Part 1 of 10:

top topics

join