It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crop Cirlces Explanation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
We have all most likely seen shows about crop cirlces or have them in our own town (or field for that matter). Well, recently, there was a show that explained how crop circles can be made with a knowledge of geometry, a plank, string, and three people. Well, I think that this 'explanation' was introduced by a government agency to discourage the plausibility of the crop circle theory itself. Comments?

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
some of the crop circle designs ive seen i dont think that a few men out in a field with a plank of wood and knowledge of geometry could do. some of them are really complex and they appear over night. im sure most of us have walked around in a field late at night and i dont know about you but i find it hard to judge where abouts i am let alone be able to picture somthing on a giant scale and draw it. and to do all this in one night !!!

most of them i think are fake but theres a few that i think are far to complex to pull off

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   
well Do THIS over the night

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cardu

Nice picture i reckon this wasnt 3 men maybe a machine did it, controlled by humans of course.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I agree, some of them could definitely not be done in just one night and only a few people.

On a side note, I always wanted to make a crop circle in the corn fields near my house, it would really creep people out.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Some one should of told the government we aren't interested in how they make crop circles, we want to know how the UFOs do it.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by J0HNSmith]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
there was a show abot this on the history channel last night.i think some may be hoaxs done by people but not all

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:21 PM
link   
there was this strange stuff that would happen to the crops that was created by microwaves or something

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:22 PM
link   
has anyone here actually seen a crop circle or maybe attempted to create one.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by J0HNSmith
Some one should of told the government we aren't interested in how they make crop circles, we want to know how the UFOs do it.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by J0HNSmith]

CE 3 Poland Include Crop circles
www.rense.com... The CE 3
www.rense.com... The UFO

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i think the circles on the first link r a hoax because in one picture u can clearly see the tracks leading to it it in the field

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
i think the circles on the first link r a hoax because in one picture u can clearly see the tracks leading to it it in the field

could be

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
ive seen the 2nd link before i tried to duplicate the pics and could easily do it udsing a frisbee

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Well, my feeling is that the circles could be some sort of code or clue. Normally the CIA keeps records of EVERYTHING! I remeber in the good ole days of FOIA with a good editing program you could see what was crossed out on those declassified documents, I guess someone figured it out and they started useing computers to block out the text lol, but they did have to pull the whole database. The funny thing about crop circles is that there isn't 1 released document on them. Now you have to understand the CIA, they will look into anything and I bet you a cookie if they looked into crop circles and found them to be a hoex there would be some sort of unclassified record. The odd part is there isn't. Hell, here's something they recently declassified, if crop circles aren't as big of a deal as this why not release what they have. Yeah, there's got to be something to it, this would make a good ATS project, cracking the crop circle code.

Anyway, here's some cool UFO stuff unclassified by the CIA:

www.foia.cia.gov...

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
What if it started out as a joke but the aliens didn't know it.

Two drunk englishman in the 71th or 18th century decide to pull a practical joke on a local farmer and make a faerie circle.

here come the aliens flying along the next day and they look down and one says to the other:

"Oh look Harold, the monkey people are trying to communicate, let's send them back a corresponding image in reply."

And from there it just got out of control.

Spiderj

Just a thought

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Not being at all artistic, I couldn't do something like that in a million years of bright sun light. Dunno what the explanation is, but I do know a few artists, and all of them say that they can't imagine how something like that could be done in a few hours of darkness! I am not saying aliens are responsible, but they really are astonishing.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Actually, the information there's exactly why I think it's a hoax.

* It shows up in the same place as another complex one of a few years ago.
* They've gone from simple circles to landscape designs (if they were genuine, we'd have had the complex designs from the first.)
* They speak English. Furthermore, they know 8-bit ASCII. This implies that they landed on Earth, went to Radio Shack, bought a Model I (or equivalent) and started learning system basics. In English. However, they don't bother to learn the English alphabet.
* We didn't broadcast any messages to space using ASCII code. It would have been useless and indecipherable to any other civilization.
* They don't repeat the message around the world in other languages.
* The "challenge" from the webpage was "I challenge you to duplicate this." The web designer is apparently unaware of all the programs we had in the 1970's and so forth that made pictures (like the Mona Lisa) with simple letters and numbers. We still have those around, andif you know where the software is, it's a trivial matter to lay it out.
* Why would space aliens run around mainly English-speaking countries, doing crop stuff (and obeying local laws about ownership and travel restrictions during the various hoof-and-mouth outbreaks)? Why don't they just land in the middle of the field and wait for someone to come say hello? Why don't they just hover overhead for awhile and then broadcast a message?

Nah. It's people.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Oh... and many circlemaking teams are 5-10 people. You can get a lot done with just 5 folks and 8 hours (they've shown this on tv)... with 10, you can produce some complex designs quickly.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Once again...people on this board tend to ignore the obvious human influence in favor of some sort of cryptic alien message...somebody steps forward saying he and his friends created crop circles and suddenly THE GOVERNMENT IS LYING TO US...

If man can build the Sears Tower, The Empire State and several others wonders of architecture why are some of you so slow as to believe they couldn't make geometric patterns in fields? Let's use a little common sense people...I know some of you are desperate to believe they're alien in nature but you'd be blindly ignoring the almost glaringly obvious choice.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by machinegunjordan
has anyone here actually seen a crop circle or maybe attempted to create one.

I have seen a crop circle. It was quite elaborate,featuring a geometric design, which looked rather good for a few drunks and a two by four to produce, and i do not have a definite exploration for it. However, I am highly sceptical about an alien connection. A strange coincidence, as i was photographing it, the camera's film broke and resulted in double exposure. This was on salisbury plain, Wiltshire.
I have heard a theory that the crop circles on Salisbury plain are caused by the downdrafts from low flying Hercules' props.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join