It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Selling your Gold

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think it just hit me the other day why there are so many commercials to mail your gold jewelry for cash-back and why so many are selling anywhere they can just to buy junk costume jewelry online or on home-shopping networks that is crap.

An old East Indian friend of mine's family had to leave Uganda when Idi Amin's troops were tossing anyone non-Africans from the (his) country. It got more and more violent and the more money you had, likely the longer you stayed in the country and longer you stayed alive.

Eventually, Amin's troops were knocking on doors and accepting bribes only to come back at a later date to give the home/business owner time to gather their materials/profits/sell off stock so they could leave because they were white/Indian/Pakistani etc....

My friends family had a general store, so they lasted until the bitter end thanks to bribery. Eventually his mother was running low on jewelry to give to the troops (often in pairs or more) that appeared at her door weekly, then more frequently.

They eventually had to leave altogether as she hid opals and other lesser precious jewels/jewelry as they paid cash to get a bus to eventually get to England to safety.

Yes, I got it now. Ridding of non-monetary items like gold, you are less likely to have any barter means to any corrupt military (martial law) coppers that appear at your doorstep when a golbal collapse occurs.

History always repeats itself and if some big computer is/has the gameplan of previous game-plan blockaids to exterminate people, that computer or 'person' would have this gameplan in mind also.

What do ya think?

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I think that buying gold for 20-30% of the value and melting it down and selling it for about 95% of it's value is pretty good profit.

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 12:32 PM
link   
yes, I am sure there is a profit to be made but I don't think it is likely it will be back on the street (at least not 80% of it).

posted on May, 5 2009 @ 03:56 PM
link   
there are 19,800,000 sites from google to sell your gold through the mail, wow. that is NOT counting pawn shops or private jewelers.

there are 19.000,000 sites to sell silver

373,000 for brass

5,630,000 for diamonds

3,440,000 for pearls

242,000 for opals

458,000 for emeralds

this is no coincidence. Save your jewely, as much of it as you can.

If there are cops on CNN stealing BLING on the news today ...no doubt you can get away with bribing for your life and life of your family with some hidden gems in the future .

[edit on 5-5-2009 by suzque66]

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Their slowly taking everything of monetarily value away from us so they can force us to take the mark of the beast.

posted on May, 16 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
that too, but if such a computer existed that had history and reactions to war by humans in any conditions on it,

makes sense to rid of 'actual' THINGS that are worthy of trade.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

Thanks for pointing me to your thread suz, you have made me think!

!'ve never been into jewelry much but to have a stock of tradeable gold would be an awsome idea. I suppose it depents on how bad the world has gone balls up.

if it was UK cops then definately gold, US- donuts for sure!

S+F

[edit on 24-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It is a true story and it happened to many , in many different cultures and invasion/war situations (from the example I noted about Uganda to many others including Germany's Hitler troops passing through towns accepting bribes to not collect undesirables until their next sweep-through roundup).

What it comes down to is....what exactly will/would be of value in the future? Water? Food? Oil? precious metals for all we know could be the new fuel. The very pennies we drop and decide it is too much effort to pick up may be the very instrument that weakens us (our kryponite).

A penny for your thoughts
(horrible pun there).

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   

There should be a really bad pun mod for that!

But I agree, they key is to read the situation and anticipate what will be of value befoe it all goes to hell.

Some times I think it would just be easier to die out with the first wave than to survive on after the fact. This is only my personal opinion, but it really seems like it will be horrible. But then again your friend and his family are a god case in point, it turned out well for them, I guess I'm talking about a gobal catastrophe kind of thing!

Grrr on a downer now

[edit on 24-5-2009 by kiwifoot]

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
He is 'go figure' an investment analyst now lol , a millionaire

But he is a good man, a good decent person. So he must have survived thus far from that horrible childhood for a reason.

And no, always have your instincts about ya and don't wish yourself to not survive by all means (except hurting others) possible to the bitter end.

We have the ability to endure much (again, for a reason) and some good people deserve to live (even if it is painful) as witnesses to the bitter end.

Chin up, (as the line goes in Charolette's Web lol)

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   

yeah you're right! Am just feeling sorry for myself for two reasons:

1) Buggered my back yesterday which means another month off from the gym!

2) I have not got much gold! Buggered twice!

Thanks Suz, you're a star!

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The best way to bribe corrupt officials in the future is with lead. The corrupt officials will never come back and bother You again.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

What do I think? I think your thread is refreshing and realistic and well thought out. I clicked on your thread half expecting to see a theory involving the annukai and their alleged quest for gold.

I was already in the process of sadly shaking my head.

You bring to mind the horrors others around the globe experience as a matter of course of their daily living conditions; Conditions that many of us -- myself included -- forget about because we aren't living them.

good thread.

posted on May, 24 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Thanks to both of you,

but if I get a creepy feeling from television or commercials, it often follows with my mind explaining why that is. Especially if the 'theme' of the commercials has thousands of other businesses in competition for the same objective (ie: collecting of jewelry).

A promise of reward now into cash that may be 1. used immed. for paying a bill or 2. saved..would be of little use in possibility of a cashless society.

Even soldiers would still have wives/girlfriends. Wives and girlfriends that still believe in the 'tangible' (things they can touch, feel, accept as gifts --until even that right is taken away).

Not to sound anti-semitic either, but most Jewelry commercials are of Jewish ownership (locally, Toronto etc) that offer these cash-back promises through the mail. In other words, we sold you these useless 'things', now we will buy them back at discount prices to sell again to another sucker. Sounds and smells like insider trading to me.

It just seems like a scam to get anything of value out of the hands of the average person because they are desperate.

Because of this, it just may be that in the future when gold IS off the streets it would be worth more and save your life someday. I doubt that though. Other incentives must be in place for soldiers of the future to not accept bribery....perhaps the safety of their own families as base detainees.

edit: also Crowley and others since the time of the Pyramids did describe gold as a necessary to evoke powers of enlightenment and ESP when capsuled in a room made of it.

grr second edit: Is this another reason why automakers have reduced the amount of steel within cars and others have carefully controlled the reduction and distribution of recycled steel, ...so that weapons cannot be made from scraps? Funny, in Canada most glass (beer bottles) you pay a deposit of .10 cents to return for recycle, yet aluminum is tossed as scrap. In the US, most bottles are tossed as scrap and the aluminum recyclers give you a refund per weight.
[edit on 24-5-2009 by suzque66]

[edit on 24-5-2009 by suzque66]

new topics

top topics

join