It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Alien skull' spotted on Mars

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   

'Alien skull' spotted on Mars

www.telegraph.co.uk

Internet forums are full of chatter about the picture, taken by a panoramic NASA camera known as Spirit.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/e0d4dec300c04989.jpg[/atsimg]

One alien-spotter speculated: "The skull is 15 cm with binocular eyes 5 cm apart. The cranial capacity is approximately 1400 cc.

"The nose area is broad and blunted as you would expect to see in a cold and windy landscape. Is he decapitated or is he buried up to his neck?"
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.topnews.in
macedoniaonline.eu
dailycontributor.com
www.thesun.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Real Alien Skull? Strange Photo!!
Does Mars photo prove aliens exist? - CNN Video
a skull on mars (not face)
Humanoid Skull on Mars???

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Well it certainly looks interesting.

As it is from an Image taken directly from Spirit and released by Nasa until it can be proven to be tampered with it is imho the most Likely find from Spirit so far, it looks like it is weathered, more real than the previous Human one.

Though of course such weathering could be the cause of it on rock to.

Interesting if any of the Photoshop guys can get better detail on it.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

+1 more 
posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   
There are many, many interesting features on the surface of Mars. However, I truly believe this is just a rock.

That being said, I'm no photographic expert, nor am I a biological expert.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'd like to believe this is the skull of a long dead alien but i have a feeling it's a weathered piece of rock.
You never know though because sometimes the simplest things we think are fake could be real

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
This photo came up in another thread recently, but the thread was trashed, so I'll repost some info here.

I tracked down the image in question, and it is one of two photos taken by Mars Rover Spirit, panoramic camera, SOL 1871.

I have cropped one of the photos, and I think this is just an oddly shaped rock even though it is fun to look at:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edaec2dce03b.jpg[/atsimg]
Full image here:
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

The "alien skull" can also be seen in this photo:
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

And here you can find all Spirit panoramic images, SOL 1871:
marsrovers.nasa.gov...

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
well then there would be a mulititude of lower life form skulls then too, or was it starwars?>

its a space rock guys!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It would be very cool if it was a real skull, but it is definately a rock with some naturally formed facial features we would expect in a humanoid skull, but its certainly a rock.

Judging by how long mars has been a barren wasteland of sandstorms and heat, any organic composition like a skull would be weathered down long before it took this skull shape rock to form.

Still fun to look at, but rocks always look interesting if they resemble things other then rocks.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystar60
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/edaec2dce03b.jpg[/atsimg]

I think the object bottom center is more interesting, almost looks like some kind of crab, or Muppet character whichever is more descriptive.

NASA has got to throw us a bone to chew on now and then, it's good for funding.

[edit on 2-5-2009 by Walkswithfish]

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
It's interesting to look at and would be very cool if it were real, but I am in agreement with others on this and think it's just an unusually shaped rock.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Thanks Ziggy for the original source pics.

You see I am skeptical of most things, not all if proof is there, but as this looks almost old, and very out of place in comparison to other local, features and weathering patterns.

It gives me that small doubt that it could be real.

It even appears on the forehead part to have the lustre or shine as such as exposed bone like material, horns antlers etc, if assuming of course any alien life that did live, also used a similar biological base for its exo and internal skeleton.

Interesting anyhow that such a find is being reported in the mainstream much, and we know the photo's are pure and unadulterated (except by nasa of course
)

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
The Mainstream will always print clearly fraud or fake images and spin a story on it.

It is part of disinformation, and helps to completely destroy legitimacy as people associate an event like this where any common thought process will clearly recognize the rock and think, boy any person gullible enough to believe this has to be a nutter.

It just helps feed disinformation, and that is why it's in MSM. Not that the MSM hasn't covered more legitimate stories, just more often then not, this is the kind of crap they can sensationalize.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   

It even appears on the forehead part to have the lustre or shine as such as exposed bone like material, horns antlers etc, if assuming of course any alien life that did live, also used a similar biological base for its exo and internal skeleton.

Who knows; Maybe it is an ancestor to those horned "Human" skulls that have been found now and then through out history.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I vote rock...Although that pic is good to reference other,more likely skulls from.Good find none the less.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Okay, so I checked it out in photo editing software and it turned out to be just a rock.
HOWEVER, when I zoomed in for a closer look, I saw something right next to the rock, which I enlarged for you guys to see as well:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bed9552c4ea1.jpg[/atsimg]

Happy Weekend guys!!!

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by YouAreDreaming
The Mainstream will always print clearly fraud or fake images and spin a story on it.

Very true

It is part of disinformation, and helps to completely destroy legitimacy

As you are doing

Is this just weathered rock, or would only a "Nutter" think it was a skull?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/061eeb2c299f116c.jpg[/atsimg]

How about this one?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/42c52b8fa318.jpg[/atsimg]

Or even this one?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/03d80a4af7ac.jpg[/atsimg]

as people associate an event like this where any common thought process will clearly recognize the rock and think, boy any person gullible enough to believe this has to be a nutter.

Obviously only if they were sceptical anyhow, and believed life on Mars or alien life was impossible in the first place.

If anyone even thinks that life outside of the earth is possible, any common thought process would need a requirement to refute it is not actually one archeological artifact from such said Alien Life form.

You rightly say though many would look and think "Nutter" when anyone mentions UFO's.

Though as far as I can see any die hard Skeptic on Alien possibility, phenomina or such like, with the HUGE amount of proof and evidence both physical, eye witness, scientific, government, military, MI Complex etc etc is either repressing a particularly severe probing themselves
, or is without a doubt "Nutter"

Isnt the broad meaning of "Nutter" in society, meant to convey someone who lives in a fantasy world, ignores the facts around them, does not see or experience the world as most others do, denies and upholds their own false belief systems no matter what is done to show them they are wrong?

Yep Sceptics if you ask me

It just helps feed disinformation, and that is why it's in MSM. Not that the MSM hasn't covered more legitimate stories, just more often then not, this is the kind of crap they can sensationalize.

Or maybe even drip by drip release and make aware, prime, gain subconscious acceptance of such a possibility before the time?

Its called the assumptive close in NLP and sales and marketing etc.

Kind Regards,

Elf

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
You know, the more I look at it, it does look like a skull. Sweet Jeebus, I think I know who it is!! It's Jimmy Hoffa!!!

Actually, just looks like a rock.

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   
this is a rock
look at the top of the head
it's not symetrical

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Do Alien life forms have such symetrical features?

Would not any Alien life form evolve according to their previous family tree?

So like why do giraffes have such longer necks than other Horses family?

Is the top of the skull weathered away or missing from trauma?

Still not a real reason to say 110% that it is not biological (entity) in origin.

Kind Regards

Elf

posted on May, 2 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Interesting....definately not just a rock.....

It's a small boulder.

posted on May, 3 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Awww man, I was hoping elvis would have made it further than that.

... lol.

No, I'm quite sure that's just a rock.
Funny thing the human mind. We can be so analytical about things, and yet, our brains still make patterns out of things that simply portray no pattern.

It's why some clouds look like other objects to you. Your brain tries to decipher patterns that aren't there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join