It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So what happens when the WHO Declares a pandemic level 6?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Level Six Alert-WHO i just found this a couple of min ago looking around.. hope this helps

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I honestly dont understand what the big deal is. People are freaking out just because they basically just have a higher risk of catching the flu than they regularly would. I think the media is really making this a much bigger deal than it really is.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by coenbros

all of that information points to this being SOMETHING more than just regular news manipulation.

Mark my words, this will not end with the government/media saying, thank god we stopped this, like they have so many other times.
avian flu
sars
west nile.

they might say that, but it wont be the end.

this will end in violent revolution or quiet submission.
I wish this weren't the case.

I wish this was just a bunch of people making hype to make billions of dollars. That would be the best case scenario.

How often in the last decade has something turned out to be the best case scenario?

Maybe this is just the way of the Gods to remind humans what it means to live. No better way to discover life than to stare death in the face.

Who would have thought that with all this technology we would still be mortal?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I refuse to take any vaccine if I get sick (which I doubt I will become because I stay very healthy), but if the case comes where I have a 104-105 fever and crapping my insides out, finally after looking at the results of other vaccines then I might.

My technique of dealing with an illness is this.

Get is checked out.

Try to do my best with it.

If worst comes to worst, then I follow up on whatever medicine/surgery they want.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by coincidence_theorist

Read the link right above your post. EXACTLY my thoughts.

edit to clarify:

Originally posted by secretthug
Go to this link and Read.

articles.mercola.com...

I don't need the boy to tell me about the wolf, if it confronts me i'll deal with it myself. If it kills me at least i'll give it a good fight. Thanks for the well wishes though.

[edit on 30-4-2009 by 27jd]

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
As some are saying "This is just the flu". The last time I heard, the flu only kills .001 % of its hosts.

Isn't virus is killing nearly 10% of its hosts with no immediate healthcare?

Sounds like something more serious then the average flu to me.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Coty_Smith
I honestly dont understand what the big deal is. People are freaking out just because they basically just have a higher risk of catching the flu than they regularly would. I think the media is really making this a much bigger deal than it really is.

I see it differently. I see no one freaking out. I see people piling onto buses and flying to Mexico. I see people rolling their eyes at the news. I see people pissed off in traffic. I see people rushing to work. I see a world that is tired of being afraid and could care less if the world ended tomorrow.

just because the news is freaking out does not mean people are freaking out. I did not see ONE person today that looked like they cared.

I'm tired of making the same point.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mike dangerously
This may very well be a ploy by the government and the pharmaceutical companies to profit from a vaccine.Over on another forum they claimed that the W.H.O raised the pandemic level to "6" but it turned out to be false.

I am one who received the swine flu vaccine in 1976. So far, I'm not finding an answer to this question: will that vaccine offer me protection?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by aero56

I don't think any flu vaccine lasts that long, i think they're only good for a few years. According to some 'experts' on the news they say since this one is a little different, it has elements of bird, swine, and human flu (which is very suspicious since no animals have it), if you get the regular flu shot it may offer some protection from the human part of it, others say none at all.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by drphilxr
reply to post by antar

can't tell you to relax, best patient advocates are the family,

but you can piss off caregivers too (as i am a physician, i know).

there are other seasonal viruses out now, unlike the nonseasonal H1N1

outbreak, and don't forget its heavy allergy season (my daughter

and I are sufferers). Find out their differential diagnosis, and plan,

they are obligated to tell you. document. if something goes haywire

its your word vs. theirs (and i hate to say this, but invariably the risk

management 'team' includes lawyers at hospitals, and we are instructed

always that 'mums the word' if you get sued, but ALWAYS be up front

with the patients about everything else BEFORE THEN!)

So doctor, am I offered any protection from the swine flu vaccine of 1976?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
ok read most of this but i'm so tired it's all blurry. so if we DO go to level 6, will they FINALLY close down borders and travel?

and do we then all get to sit at home for 10 days and wait? so have food on hand for 10 days?

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

reek of a private agenda -let us see declare an emergency due to a new PLAGUE . i can not think of a better way to get everybody indoors so they can`t run away -declare martial law then fly over and drop some form of biological weapon on the unsuspecting sheep.it won`t be the first time that they the man have done this to the populace of the nation ,remember agent orange was tried on the troops and a small amount was used on the people to test it.world population control what a trap this is -seems SIT-X is about to go into full operation are you ready you best be.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by picrat

they won't have to force martial law on any body. They will just sit back and continue to do nothing like they are now till the deaths start to add up and the populace demands the close the borders, demands they clsoe the schools, and demands they deliver a vaccine.

Then the populace will be in the palm of their hand.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Check it out guys! They found the source...

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

Damn "Aryans" always causing a panic!

that's a interesting and even handed article, should be read by everyone.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by coincidence_theorist
Damn "Aryans" always causing a panic!

When there's money to be made, of course.

that's a interesting and even handed article, should be read by everyone.

Since the pic doesn't have an article, I'm assuming you mean this one?

Originally posted by secretthug
Go to this link and Read.

articles.mercola.com...

I thought so too, I'm sending it to everybody I know who's interested in all this...thanks to the poster above who linked it.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
lol. love the "source"

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

yeah sorry, I meant that article.

it even comes in a sweet Mexican version.

Good place to get started if people are feeling bombarded by the media.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Originally posted by WyrdeOne

I suspect the number of deaths attributable to swine flu will pale in comparison to the number of deaths attributable to people checking their phones for swine flu news updates while driving.

I agree with you 100%. Completely overhyped fearmongering.

But, won't those cellphone deaths be "swine flu-related?"

The W.H. had to apologize today for Joe Biden's recommendations about travel and commutes (he said he's told his family to do neither), They even called it "fearmongering!"

Anyone curious needs to look elsewhere for real information instead of hysteria. Besides the CDC and HHS and WHO websites (I've posted links in several other posts and even a thread that skepticoverlord deleted: "A
Dose of Reality"), even the MSM have decided to try to tone down the hype.

MSNBC:" 'Pandemic' Means Pay Attention, Not Panic"
www.msnbc.msn.com...

deny ognorance

jw

[edit on 30-4-2009 by jdub297]

[edit on 30-4-2009 by jdub297]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join