It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*urgent* Time is running out *urgent*

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
King, you say we are past the point of being saved. Well, you're far from right. What if I were to tell you, or anyone listening, that there are those out there that are making plans to stop the plans of those who run our lives; and that this plan will work, as long as, as many as possibly attainable are shown that peace will be the way; that violence solves nothing; and words can save our planet. The only problem is getting the word out, which is being solved by using DVD's, fliers, this, that and the other.

Though, what about when the people given this information don't have the time or the interest to check it out, because they are too busy trying to make sense of their own lives...and don't have the time to check it out. Yeah, you can try and convince them to watch...but, will you be able to do it with every single person that feels this way.

Sorry, back to the point. Honestly, the easiest way you can change everyones's perspective: Wait until everyones perspective is in a similar mind flow, caused by the world events which are unfolding over their eyes. Which translates to - When people need the better way, is when the better way will truly be much easier to attain.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Good luck in Vietnam keyboard warriors.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Do you know what I teach? How I teach? Do you even know me? Nope, I thought not! Do you know anything about the education system and the laws we are binded by? It appears not! Therefore your opinion of such is moot!

I know somewhat of the educational system... it's a joke, no matter the locality, really; nobody wins or loses anymore, the very idea of any kind of higher power (not just the Judeo-Christian one) gets everybody's knickers in a bunch, teachers father\mother children with students, students who feel marginalized take up arms to make people remember their names... nobody's educational system, no matter where, truly prepares students nowadays to be able to function in any but the most surface of ways (heaven forbid students should be challenged; it'd make the less motivated and lazy feel left out, and motivating students seems largely beyond the purview of most teachers)... school, by and large, isn't going to help anybody in any way that truly counts, save for the few teachers willing to stand up and make their concerns known. Nobody's talking about proselytization or turning an 11th grade homeroom into an armed militia. We (the human race) live in an astoundingly materialistic society concerned with minutia, a slight patina of "spirituality" nonetheless; *not* telling students that the world is cranking up to be a much more harrowing place (though not necessarily in those words) is the true downfall of our schools. Everything isn't peachy, whether your head's in the sand or not... it just means that, when the crunch comes, you can't say you weren't warned. I don't believe my government will outlast my lifetime. I'm not scared, it's the way the cycle of time works- everything fails in the end. Might as well prepare as many as will hear it, rather than hoping that ignoring the brave new world in which we find ourselves will make it vanish in a spray of rainbows and unicorns. The end of the world isn't necessarily nigh, but the end of much of what we take for granted is.

posted on Apr, 30 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Warbaby

Got to give you props for that post amigo

In my last year at high school I remember thinking to myself.....
"Is this really the best system the brightest minds of today can come up with?"

Algebra.... (bell rings) History..... ooo Pearl Harbor and Vietnam those poor Americans! (bell rings) English.... nouns, adjectives, plurals yay.

It wasn't all that bad but I could tell something wasn't quite right. I sure didn't learn anything about The Constitution or fractional reserve lending or politics.

"In our dreams, people yield themselves with perfect docility to our molding hands. The present education conventions of intellectual and character education fade from their minds, and, unhampered by tradition, we work our own good will upon a grateful and responsive folk. We shall not try to make these people, or any of their children, into philosophers, or men of science. We have not to raise up from them authors, educators, poets or men of letters. We shall not search for great artists, painters, musicians nor lawyers, doctors, preachers, politicians, statesmen – of whom we have an ample supply. The task is simple. We will organize children and teach them in a perfect way the things their fathers and mothers are doing in an imperfect way.” -- John D. Rockefeller, General Education Board (1906)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join