It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu is play for Nationalized Healthcare in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Haven't heard this idea discussed yet. Anyways, I overheard a local news woman say something after she was reporting about 3 unconfirmed cases in Franklin, Wisconsin.

I can't remember her exact words, but what I heard was.

"gee. if you don't have healthcare, I'd bet you are supporting nationalized health care now"

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
What good is nationalized health care if they don't have enough vaccines, doctors, hospitals, etc. to treat everyone?

Sure, some people will use it as an excuse to lobby for the system, but Obama and the Democrats are going to push it through anyway.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Don't forget the chip........how else will you monitor your health records?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

What good is nationalized health care if they don't have enough vaccines, doctors, hospitals, etc. to treat everyone?

Isn't that what nationalized health care is all about: getting medical services to those the bureaucrats favor at the expense (in more than one meaning of the word) of those they don't?

TA

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Could be.

But, why release a pandemic that would effect every country in the world? They all have some system of universal healthcare....all but the U.S.
Why do that?

Nationalized Healthcare would be the most positive of outcomes from this mess....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Research the heathcare system in Canada. Yes, everyone would receive heathcare if the US nationalizes, but at the expense of loosing the degree of heathcare in which we receive today. I don't have heathcare now just lost it at the beginning of the year, but I for one don't want the government dishing out heathcare.

Guz

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
People here might not like the author, but the documentiary 'Sicko' deals with alot of these themes. I really don't know what people's big thing is with nationalized healthcare. Like there won't be enough doctors, or only certain people will get care... HELLO! That's exactly what's happening right now! Another issue that was just raised is that the 'quality' of care will be 'lessened'... I tell ya what, I've been dealing with hospitals and clinics my whole life because of disability, and I have YET to find a hostpital or clinic that actually gives a damn about me in any way other than to get me in, get me out, and get paid. I'm not sure what 'quality' of healthcare you people are used to getting, but I seriously don't think it can get any worse. People have all these horror stories implanted in their brains as to the US turning into the USSR via nationalized healthcare, you people really need to look outside your boxes once inna while, you might learn something. People say: "Well ya know, Doctors won't be encouraged to do a good job because they get paid no matter what." I can understand that, and it would happen, but not on a national level. There's always a bad piece of fruit in the bottom of the barrel in any profession. In some countries they actually reward Doctors for doing more than they have to, hmmm... seems like incentive to me.

Chrono

new topics

top topics

join