It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swine Flu is stupid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What the hell.. Ramp up the scare factor... people arent giving a care about the Global financial crisis enough so lets get em ready for the good stuff. Give me a freekin break already.

GEEEZUS!!!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by kronos11]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
What the hell.. Ramp up the scare factor... people are giving a sheet about the Global financial crisis enough. Give me a freekin break already.

GEEEZUS!!!

Yep.

That's the point, isn't it ?

It's just another distraction from the real bad stuff.

I wonder what they are trying to get our attention off this time ???

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by kronos11

Hear Hear.

I tell ya, can't decide which to focus-on and deflect from the main issues, as follows; Terrorism, Pirates (Arrrr), Torture, and now Swine Flu.

The propaganda and fear mongering machine is getting stronger and stronger as the years pass.

My 2-cents

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:05 AM
link   

BTS item.

Why not twitter this telling so others can respond; otherwise, just post in other threads.

My cat is stupid, but I don't start threads about it....

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I guess because it seems like the global media is jumping on this thing BIG TIME and its odd to me. but maybe it is something i should twitter..

hey, I don't even know what a twitter is?

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by GateCrasher

Hear Hear.

I tell ya, can't decide which to focus-on and deflect from the main issues, as follows; Terrorism, Pirates (Arrrr), Torture, and now Swine Flu.

The propaganda and fear mongering machine is getting stronger and stronger as the years pass.

My 2-cents

mane they got me head a Spinnin!! wheew.. don't know what to worry about more: where im gonna get some of those cool masks everybodys wearing or if my boss is gonna kick me on my goodside tomorrow!

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:18 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   
You might be right Kronos, and actually I hope you are... for the sake of us, and this whole thing ends up as a non-event. I would be perfectly happy to come back to this thread and say that you told them so, beer would be on me of course.

However:
I must say doom once in awhile too, and it does feel good but this time I would rather not take the chance that this swine flu is the be all and end all. But panic sex in the bunker does sound kinda nice...
I'm gonna test fit my mask now.

So, Let's hope it is... as you say.
IF (and if) it gets out of control, we will more than likely know it in a matter of weeks.
We are (here at ATS) keeping a pretty good track on this. I do think that there is a possiblity of other things being slid under our noses as this is going on.

Stay cool,
T-

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I studied the "main" ATS-thread on the flu all day yesterday (CET).
Did not post one word though. I felt like; this time I will wait and see before joining the yapping chiuauas...

What did get to me was the rate of hysteria that seemed to flourish like a flu of its own in spin-off threads on the side.

One thing is for sure though; it is about time for a pandemic. We haven't seen one in the "West" for some time. We know this inside ourselves. It is not hysteria, it is some sort of ominous expectation that keep us on our toes. If it isn't SARS or H5N1 it might as well be this one.

Governments seem to react real fast, however, and do all they can as quick as possible. I am not sure what to make of it; is it because we have developed such a refined system to counter any outbreak, or, is it because "they" know that we are pretty much screwed would anything happen that they pull the alarm even at the first sign of an epedemic?
Real hard to tell. It is not like our "leaders" would ever tell us that.
Still, they seem to do their very best...

What bugs me, as always, is the following;
If we are so fast to react, contain and treat an outbreak this size, why won't we do it where it is needed the most out there in the World, like in Africa where disease is rampant and epedemics claim thousands of lives more or less every day?
Of course the answer is that good will is subdued by profit. That is one of the main issues for our species...

I mean, look at TBC- Tuberculosis; one infected each second that pass. One third of the Earth's population carry that virus- dormant or active. Now that is an epedemic.
Yet to mention the Ebola virus, TBE, Malaria... The pandemic is all around us.

I don't know where this post it headed, you I guess it is up to you to do what ever best of it.

Stay healthy. Remember that panic is the first symptome.
Blessed are the cool, for they shall inherit the earth.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i'm surprised they havent closed the borders to mexico..

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by kronos11
What the hell.. Ramp up the scare factor... people arent giving a care about the Global financial crisis enough so lets get em ready for the good stuff. Give me a freekin break already.

GEEEZUS!!!

[edit on 28-4-2009 by kronos11]

Give me a break! We have culling pandemics ever hundred years or so (Not hype, FACT!), it is good to be informed and good to be scared if it helps protect your loved ones. We are adults here, and don’t need yours and others anti fear campaigns.

bkmarcus.com...
One major cause of lost life during the 1918 pandemic was due to the poplar media downplaying the event. As a result people underestimated the problem and were unprepared when it arrived in their neck of the woods. It is no small matter when the CDC, and WHO issue possible pandemic warnings.

The below information was taken from from other sites
www.birdflumanual.com...
Grattan Woodson, MD

If the current CFR holds at 7% then this is what we can expect;

The CAR for a new strain of type A influenza will be about 50% with another 30% to 40% having asymptomatic infections once the pandemic runs its course.

The virus will be in every country within 30 days of outbreak.

Given the above assumptions then the expected death number worldwide is:

CAR 50% x CFR 7% x 6 billion = 210,000,000 deaths from the flu directly.

news.bbc.co.uk...
I work as a resident doctor in one of the biggest hospitals in Mexico City and sadly, the situation is far from "under control". As a doctor, I realise that the media does not report the truth. Authorities distributed vaccines among all the medical personnel with no results, because two of my partners who worked in this hospital (interns) were killed by this new virus in less than six days even though they were vaccinated as all of us were. The official number of deaths is 20, nevertheless, the true number of victims are more than 200. I understand that we must avoid to panic, but telling the truth it might be better now to prevent and avoid more deaths.
Yeny Gregorio Dávila, Mexico City

www.kfsm.com...
FORT SMITH Arkansas - The head of Arkansas' infectious diseases branch has said he believes that swine flu has already spread across the state. However, no cases have been verified. Meanwhile, counties across Arkansas teleconferenced with state health and emergency management officials. The nearby states of Texas and Kansas both have confirmed cases. So it may just be a matter of time before we get the swine flu.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Donkey_Dean]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

That's great information and hopefully as someone that's really looked into the numbers you can help me out with a bit more info.

A google search tells me that an average of 250,000 ppl worldwide die from 'normal' flu, every year. That's equal to around 684 per day. This new strain has killed 149 people in Mexico and since Friday that only equals around 30 per day.

Therefore, why is this new strain getting so much attention when it's killing way less than 'normal' flu?

I'm not being sarcastic. It's a genuine question from a mum that is seriously concerned about her kids and would like as much information/statistics as possible. Thank you.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maya00a
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

That's great information and hopefully as someone that's really looked into the numbers you can help me out with a bit more info.

A google search tells me that an average of 250,000 ppl worldwide die from 'normal' flu, every year. That's equal to around 684 per day. This new strain has killed 149 people in Mexico and since Friday that only equals around 30 per day.

Therefore, why is this new strain getting so much attention when it's killing way less than 'normal' flu?

I'm not being sarcastic. It's a genuine question from a mum that is seriously concerned about her kids and would like as much information/statistics as possible. Thank you.

The "normal flu" is very widespread and you are speaking of yearly numbers. The swine flu is barely a month old and has only affected a relatively small number of individuals. We do not currently have any natural immunities or a vaccine, so the entire populous is susceptible.

The Spanish Flu was the worst pandemic in world history. The flu that year killed only 2.5 percent of its victims, but more than a fifth of the world's entire population caught it, and so it's estimated that between 50 million and 100 million people died in just a few months.

There is a great possibility that this strain will prove not to be the killer bug that some think it is. The point I am making, is that it is better to be scared and informed than blissfully ignorant if this thing comes your way.

Let’s not let it become politically correct to downplay clear and present dangers. Let’s keep the public fully informed, if it amounts to nothing then that’s wonderful, but if it is a killer we need to know and we need to be prepared.

Some may interpret it as fear mongering, but so long as it’s the truth and is as accurate as possible we have only helped to preserve life. The past has shown that silence in times such as these can be very costly.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

not only it's stupid, it has stupid name

beware pigs,be very afraid
buahhahahaha

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
We're all gonna die! (Eventually anyway)

This is just recycled propaganda. Check out this Swine Flu video from 1976. Apparently the Swine Flu was going to kill us all back then too.

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Alex said on his show yesterday that Mexico is hyping the flu to distract people from its wars and corruption.

The government is doing its best to start a plague. The original Swine flu plague started from a military base.

Dr.Deagle was on Alex's show yesterday and he said the CIA tried to recruit him three times, each time describing some diabolical Dr. Stragelove plot to invent viruses to put in shots to either kill or sterilize or abort people.

Alex said his father (who is a dentist) was also approached by the CIA who were trying to recruit him for some Nazi eugenicist plot also.

Meantime, they spray us down every day with the chemtrails and get away with it, and we go about our business while they steal the sunshine and rain down barium and aluminum salts and pathogens on us, using trillions of money they have stolen from us to pay for the poisoning.

Meantime, they dig the graves, stack up the coffins and continue to prepare the camps for us.

Why don't we just arrest these people and try them for their admitted crimes? Obama's own reports show Condi ordered the tortures to begin. When are we going to demand the eugencists jump into their own graves they've dug for us?

Last month we caught them (Baxter et al) attempting to put live bird flu in with their stupid flu vaccines and distribute this to 18 countries. Nice try to kill off the world's population, and they get away with it. When and if they ever do manage to get their plague going against us, we will deserve what we get for failing to take note of what happened before and to wake up that the government is a bunch of Ted Bundys and Jeffrey Daumers and, a bunch of sickos, thieves, murderers, Luciferians with a god-comlex, who are plotting and preparing (right under our noses) to kill us.

[edit on 28-4-2009 by Salt of the Earth]

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean

The "normal flu" is very widespread and you are speaking of yearly numbers. The swine flu is barely a month old and has only affected a relatively small number of individuals. We do not currently have any natural immunities or a vaccine, so the entire populous is susceptible.

The Spanish Flu was the worst pandemic in world history. The flu that year killed only 2.5 percent of its victims, but more than a fifth of the world's entire population caught it, and so it's estimated that between 50 million and 100 million people died in just a few months.

There is a great possibility that this strain will prove not to be the killer bug that some think it is. The point I am making, is that it is better to be scared and informed than blissfully ignorant if this thing comes your way.

Let’s not let it become politically correct to downplay clear and present dangers. Let’s keep the public fully informed, if it amounts to nothing then that’s wonderful, but if it is a killer we need to know and we need to be prepared.

Some may interpret it as fear mongering, but so long as it’s the truth and is as accurate as possible we have only helped to preserve life. The past has shown that silence in times such as these can be very costly.

Thanks for replying. As you say, it's only about a month old which is why I don't quite understand all the hype surrounding it - it really hasn't infected or even killed a very high percentage (yet) so it just seems a bit odd. I suppose my main concern is that it's actually worse than is being reported and we're just slowly being drip fed information so we're desensitised and won't panic when the higher numbers are eventually reported.

My other theory is that those green economic shoots weren't happening and this gives 'them' a get out clause by saying that the bailouts were working but because of this new flu they're not working now.

I don't know - just seems a lot of hype over something not too damaging (so far). I hope it stays that way.

Very interesting statistics on the Spanish flu - I didn't realise it only killed 2.5% of those that got it. That's kind of reassuring to know as it's often reported as if it swept through and killed millions as it went without detailing just what the fatality percentage actually was from those that had the illness.

<<   2 >>

join