It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US declares public health emergency for swine flu

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
I found a image of all infected regions, I think it's pretty up to date:

< br />

[edit on 26-4-2009 by bl4ke360]

WTF how'd it get to NOVA SCOTIA!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I guess no one actually watches the news? CNN had it on last night that this virus came in from another country into Mexico, they also believe it was done as a terrorist threat. I plan to watch today and see if there are more updates. But if they do close down the border completely we will see higher prices on gas, vegetables and many other things including coffee.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by really
Flyersfan,
I did read something about Baxter ready to create vaccinations. I do not know if Obama owns any stock in Baxter. The first I've heard of that is through your post. If he does that really doesn't mean anything. It's an extremely large pharma company. If you're going to invest in the market for money why not them?
However, if you want some real, dirty, possibly insidious news about Baxter, Google Czech Republic, Baxter, vaccinations.
Baxter (around a month ago) sent flu vaccinations to countries in Eastern Europe. Scientists there decided to test the vaccinations on lab rats only to find the rat die because the vaccinations had live human and avian flu in them.

Dude but thats what a vaccination is... or dont you understand how vaccinations work. We have no cures for flu, so basically the vaccination is the virus but after it's been slightly beaten up a bit so our immune system can attack it and win - thereby becoming immune to the strain.

Just thought I'd mention that, in case anyone starts getting all paranoid about it.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by pmbhuntress
I guess no one actually watches the news? CNN had it on last night that this virus came in from another country into Mexico, they also believe it was done as a terrorist threat. I plan to watch today and see if there are more updates. But if they do close down the border completely we will see higher prices on gas, vegetables and many other things including coffee.

yeah but don't get deceived. They (the gov, media, producers of news and entertainment for the masses) always try very hard to use the "Terrorist" cliche to satisfy the requests of their Agenda. In my opinion in a way or another they'll always END to say that there has been some terrorist connection even if it was natural or even if it was just the experiment of some stupid scientist. Don't forget the more we progress the more technology is at HAND of everybody, the more individuals can make things that in the past would have been impossible.

It's quite obvious that such a news/fact or hoax can be used in whatever way, positive or negative by the government of USA.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by digitalwarrior]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dutty_Rag

Originally posted by bl4ke360
I found a image of all infected regions, I think it's pretty up to date:

< br />

[edit on 26-4-2009 by bl4ke360]

WTF how'd it get to NOVA SCOTIA!

what i find strange is that it still didn't appeared in Florida.
Among other states i'd have said it would have been the first basing on demographics.

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:26 AM
link   
Perhaps I am a little slow but I just don't understand it... 103 deaths out of 1600 infected, all in Mexico with a reported 20 milder cases in the U.S. just does not seem that big of a threat... especially when they say that it responds well to tamiflu and other antibiotic medications.

Its nothing like the Spanish flu of 1918 when they could do nothing and people were dropping like flies.

Someone please explain this to me.

[edit on 27-4-2009 by grover]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by fleabit

So far I havn't heard of any negro people getting the virus? Nor any asians or whites getting any serious symptoms like the hispanics. This does look very suspicious indeed :-/

I can't think of a reason why. I doubt it has anything to do with race, it probably has more to do with local health care, immunizations throughout their lives, heat, and other factors.

Also, call black people black. When someone says 'negro' it's because they are afraid to say 'black' fearing it is a bad word or something, thereby giving it the negative connotation you were trying to avoid in the first place. Just saying.

Sorry if that may have caused offence. Negro is just the term we use in our house and always have. I wasn't trying to cause or avoid offence, it's just what we call coloured folk, no implications positive or negative intended...

and both words mean black, the world has gone PC mad if you ask me.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Mexico may not realize it, but this was a controlled and engineered experiment.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
[edit on 27-4-2009 by son of PC]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Hast his been posted?

maps.google.com...,-104.873385&spn=62.487058,88.330078&z =4

Someone is keeping track and updating a Google map with all of the cases and deaths.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by really
Flyersfan,
I did read something about Baxter ready to create vaccinations. I do not know if Obama owns any stock in Baxter. The first I've heard of that is through your post. If he does that really doesn't mean anything. It's an extremely large pharma company. If you're going to invest in the market for money why not them?
However, if you want some real, dirty, possibly insidious news about Baxter, Google Czech Republic, Baxter, vaccinations.
Baxter (around a month ago) sent flu vaccinations to countries in Eastern Europe. Scientists there decided to test the vaccinations on lab rats only to find the rat die because the vaccinations had live human and avian flu in them.

And the pieces of the puzzle as to HOW a seasonal human flu virus, 'suddenly' mutates into a virus containing pig, bird and human DNA all mixed together.

For the reason, read this article: www.torontosun.com...

Or this one: hashishian.newsvine.com... ountries-around-the-world

You may begin to understand how this virus has come about...

The really worrying question is one of: Is this a sadistic insidious money making exercise, or are there other reasons to engineer and then release a TRI-DNA, human to human virus?

Keep safe...

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
What i find even more frightening is the prospect of getting a vaccination to fight this if they come out with one. Anyone remember about 2-3 months ago the vaccines that were given to something like 18 countries that they accidentally
had bird flu in them. Something is definitely not right with all of this. Someone is either trying to make money here or this is a population thinning test.

The company that made those vaccines that had bird flu in them was from Illinois.

[edit on 4/27/2009 by CaptGizmo]

[edit on 4/27/2009 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

Ahem...must have posted at the same time CaptGizmo!

Snap!

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by spikey

Homeless people die after bird flu vaccine trial in Poland

The medical staff, from the northern town of Grudziadz, are being investigated over medical trials on as many as 350 homeless and poor people last year, which prosecutors say involved an untried vaccine to the highly-contagious virus.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

There are no mistakes in what is happening! Do not take any vaccination!! This man made swine flu strain will mutate with the HN51............it will take about two months before the mutation is complete unless there is help in doing so...........Then it will become the killer!!

Stay away from the vaccines!!

[edit on 27-4-2009 by Cloudsinthesky]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
I was thinking earlier about why the flu isn't deadly here.. Is there a possibility that its because of the difference in temperature? Its hotter in Mexico then it is in Ohio or New York (usually). Could there be a possibility that this flu will become as deadly as Mexico's when the weather warms up for the summer??? I know that germs spread in warmer temps, could the cold weather be the only thing saving us right now?

There water supply isn't as good as ours which doesn't help the situation. Mexico is a poor nation and for most people needing to drink more liquids when they are sick, water might be all they have.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
It may have been posted already and I missed it, but here is a link that details exactly what a "Public Health Emergency" means for governmental authority:

The Emergency Health Powers Act in a Public Health Emergency

Edit: That's South Carolina but I'm sure it's similar in most states. LOTS of power.

[edit on 27/4/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:26 AM
link   
A flu vaccine takes a year to develop... I seriously doubt we will see one any time soon.

As it stands right now I see no reason to be either alarmed or paranoid... and I have COPD and any flu that effects breathing hits me hard.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asherah
Mexico may not realize it, but this was a controlled and engineered experiment.

From the Scottish Health Secretary,

The Scottish Government had been due to start a pandemic flu exercise on Monday which Ms Sturgeon said was a "coincidence". The exercise has since been suspended.

bbc.co.uk

Sounds like somebody knew.

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

UPDATE:

Guan Yi, a virology professor at the University of Hong Kong who helped to fight SARS and bird flu, said a pandemic looked inevitable.

"I think the spread of this virus in humans cannot possibly be contained within a short time ... there are already cases in almost every region. The picture is changing every moment ...

"We are counting down to a pandemic."

posted on Apr, 27 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

UPDATE:

Guan Yi, a virology professor at the University of Hong Kong who helped to fight SARS and bird flu, said a pandemic looked inevitable.

"I think the spread of this virus in humans cannot possibly be contained within a short time ... there are already cases in almost every region. The picture is changing every moment ...

"We are counting down to a pandemic."

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join