It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Aliens Landed On The Whitehouse Lawn Tonight I would Still Have To Get Up And Go To Work Tomorrow

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
And then I'd have to come home and cook dinner and pick a few things up from the store and do the laundry and the next day I'd go to work again so I could pay my bills and take care of my family.Of course I'd watch some TV in my spare time to learn about the aliens...but basically my life would just go on as usual. Same as everyone else. And that's about all that would happen.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I think this might be my most favorite post ever on ATS.

The simple truth.

Unless they want to harvest our brains or use us as slaves or something. But we'd still have to eat and cloth ourselves...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Me honest opinion being an ex military is that if a craft did infact land on the lawn of the WH,there would be an instant state of emergency cast to the entire U.S..Just temporary till TPTB decide it is infact non threatning..
We would be in a world thrown into the next generation in an instant..The best tactic to use is shut everything down survey the cercumstances and then procede to take appropriate measures..

Maybe a few days off anyway,of course unpaid..lol

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MsSmartypants

Depends,

Are you talking about War of the World aliens or that bumbling bugs bunny Alien with the little space modulator?

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Your right you know, especially if it was on the white house lawn, it would be just tv to me. However for me if they landed at the EU in Brussels then im sure a few of us would take the day off, go for a look, take some photos etc. But how many sick days could you call in on this one? Life goes on.
That is unless kosmicjack's brain harvest thingy is the case.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Of course TV would educate us about how to feel about the whole thing and the alien themed products would be everywhere.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
And besides...the aliens are already here and have been and I haven't hardly noticed...so life goes on.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

If they land on the WH lawn

I'll give myself a play day , o ya

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Excellent thread. I don't disagree, however I think such an event would be as tossing a heavy stone into an already turbulent pool, and the waves, the repercussions, might be a bit in getting to you, but get to you they would. I think such an event would change all our lives, many of our perceptions, and sure, we'd still have to work, to eat, to heal, to live, but the very fabric of that work would be charged with the wonder and excitement of the event.

That's assuming, of course, that it was a benign interface. If it landed on the White House lawn and sucked up 1329 civilains and 27 secret service corpsmen, then yes, you would probably not go back to work right away. We will hope that doesn't happen, given that most of us like food a whole lot.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I disagree... I wouldn't, I'm waiting for it to happen so I can chuck it all in and change the way I live. This would be the most important thing to EVER happen to this planet, and going to work the next day would be the last thing on my mind.

Apart from that I hate my job so any excuse. The rat race is getting to me and it needs to change.

Each to their own though.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I`d say there wouldn`t be much work done in fairness . A lotta staring off "into space" ....... grins replaced by frowns, replaced by grins .......

I guess those who set eyes on the Nina, Pinta and the Santa Maria ..... had things to do that day too .

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   

hast though no ambition?

I'd be trying to get the aliens to take me with them

how cool would it be to fly in a ufo!

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants
And then I'd have to come home and cook dinner and pick a few things up from the store and do the laundry and the next day I'd go to work again so I could pay my bills and take care of my family.Of course I'd watch some TV in my spare time to learn about the aliens...but basically my life would just go on as usual. Same as everyone else. And that's about all that would happen.

LOL, I have thought that so many times...

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsSmartypants

Yay...glad I dont share YOUR enthusiasm. The ultimate answer for humanity to if we are alone in the universe and you sound as if life is just gonna go on as usual.
As if you wont have any excitement or appreciation as to what can or will be for humanity.

Put me in the front of the line to welcome these interstellar neighbors.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I am sure that the Financial industry would need another 7 billion to recover from the event. Not to say that more executive bonus's would need to be drawn up. Ya know that they would all need to update employment policies to reflect the new para dime...

Other than that I could use one or two of them to help me with my lawn work.

1 101010

Watcher

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Well I am an obsessive UFO/ALIEN fanatic and I spend a large percent of my time researching ufology...a subject I love and am passionate about. But the alien technology isn't going to be handed out to all that day, so yes I will still have to live my life as normal. At least until the zero point energy devices have been distributed to everyone.

posted on Apr, 24 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
IF aliens landed on the white house lawn, you wouldn't be going to work. There would be NO work. The masses would panic and go psychotic and start killing and robbing each other.

No one would go to work for fear of not knowing what is happening. When people enter an induced state of fear and panic, then paranoia sets in. They would start to think that they've been lied to their whole lives, so why go to work anymore?

There would be riots and mass murders. IF you showed up to your work, you'd be the only one there.

[edit on 24-4-2009 by bobbylove321]

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

That post made me laugh! Are you serious? I've never understood why Aliens would necessarily equal societal breakdown, much less mass murder.

Question our religion, yes. Revamp our science, yes. View Earth differently, yes. Mass murder, uhhh - no.

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'm surprised that some people would confidently predict there would be 'work' the next day. While there may not be riots or murders - instantly, you never know.

I'd be taking a few days off, making sure that I have lots of contigency plans put in place. Don't use up false sick-days for work, so when you need them, you've got them!

Food, water, shelter. Money wouldn't be necessary to survive in a world of anarchy, right

posted on Apr, 25 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   

The thought that crosses my mind is would you be able to get up and go to work? There are many scenarios that can occur and not all of them are pleasant and non-intrusive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join