It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMF Warns World Recession Will Be Longer Deeper; More Dire for USA!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   
What? The bail outs are not going to work? And dont get upset now, as if you do the FBI is watching! Napolitano Sicks Feds

$13 trillion...or nearly 49 times the U.S. gold supply" was spent on TARP 1 alone! That is equal to all the gold the American citizens own! Does that blow your mind or what? And now we are informed that even though all that money was thrown good after bad, the recession looms even more dire, and especially for the USA?

Well we knew it, but hearing it again today makes me sick. We have been had!

The International Monetary Fund warns that the recession is hitting economies around the world harder than first predicted and that it will take even longer for the global economy to recover.

The IMF released its semi-annual World Economic Outlook Wednesday, calling the recession the worst since the Great Depression of the 1930s "by far."

www.voanews.com...

"The United States of America, or, more precisely, the American people, are said to own 261 million ounces of gold, supposedly stored in the same Fort Knox vault that Goldfinger found so appealing. At $1,000 per ounce, the people's gold has a value of $261 billion dollars. TARP 1 alone has cost 270% of the entire value of that singular, tangible American asset. The total $13 trillion bailout cost thus far is 4,980% of the value of America's gold asset. Fort Knox has been robbed."

Bill Bonner himself does some quick figuring and finds that, put another way, "They're squandering $13 trillion...or nearly 49 times the U.S. gold supply"! Astonishing!
Article Here

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Star & Flag 4 U!!!

Good Intel as always...

It will be longer...and more dire...

It's May 17th now...and the "Slide" continues unabated...

EU GDP is falling through the floor

Banks are still hoarding Uber-Truckloads of Taxpayer money and lending less and less every month, sooo...

This post is 110% on track

Thanks for reminding us...

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Your entire thread is nothing but desperate right wing propaganda. Don't you know that our dear leader President Hussein is going to make everything better and there will be rainbows and unicorns everywhere.

Messiah Sees 3.5% Growth by Year-End, Exceeding Forecasts

You rethuglicans are a joke.

(sarcasm off)

posted on May, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It's going to be bad for a long time. So far i've seen zero indication at my work...or anyone else's work that I know personally..suddenly pick up with their workload.

It's scary....unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it....but worry.

S/F

[edit on 17-5-2009 by David9176]

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

Yeah cant wait to see what the IMF and the BIS has planned for us all now! Vultures flying overhead! You especially, see my posted article below!

reply to post by LiquidMirage

reply to post by David9176

Your work situation is similar to many. I personally have many freinds, and family members whose jobs seemed for the most part locked in and secure. Now things have changed. One example is a family member that has worked for Teichert in California for a long time...lots of seniority. Work for the first time in a decade has slowed to a crawl. It is scary...really scary.

From correspondents in Tokyo | May 18, 2009
Article from: Agence France-Presse

THE global spread of swine flu could have notable effects on the world economy, according to a senior IMF official, who's warned the financial crisis is far from over

www.theaustralian.news.com.au...

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
The sad thing is that just about everyone that I know thinks that we are on the upturn and everything is going to be alright.

They have no idea how bad it really is and when they make comments about the economy bouncing back I just nod my head and play along.

I tried to explain the situation we are in to many people but I was always cut short and my comments were brushed to the side.

Even people close to me just don't want to know what trouble we are really in. It's like they go out of their way to keep their perception in tact.

Now my standard procedure is to nod and smile.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Amero here we come!

The stage is set for a perfect non hostile takeover of the monetary supply.

Oh the legal tender will change but the names behind the scenes will stay the same.

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

S and F - amazing how some people think the worst is over now from listening to MSM - they are going to be caught like a deer in headlights!

It really is a sad thing, I hope I can get my house sold and all my belongings before the real SHTF !

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by questioningall

The best of luck on selling your home! Dont take too big of a hit, it might be worth keeping instead. Just a thought!

While the stock market is up sharply since early March, the economy as well as corporate earnings continue to suffer. Today’s chart helps provide some perspective as to the magnitude of the current economic decline. Today’s chart illustrates that 12-month, as-reported S&P 500 earnings have declined over 90% over the past 20 months (with over 90% of S&P 500 companies having reported for Q1 2009), making this by far the largest decline on record (the data goes back to 1936). In fact, real earnings have dropped to a record low and if current estimates hold, Q3 2009 will see the first 12-month period during which S&P 500 earnings are negative.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ad59f29e696.gif[/atsimg]

www.chartoftheday.com...

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TV_Nation

It is sad, I wish I could say that optimistic thinking will save us....but it will not! Gerald Celente calls it Optimism Opium...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

reply to post by bismarcksea

Yes, I think the Amero is most likely the next step, then a one world currency. Same PTB behind it all. They have got to break the back of the U.S. first!

posted on May, 19 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   
A stark contrast to what the MSM in the US are pushing down people's throats. The usual, all is well, nothing to see here move along.

new topics

top topics

join