It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Bigger, Bolder New World Order Role Is Imagined For the IMF!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
These proposed changes suggest a shift in how the global economy is run...this is the conspiracies theory's ultimate scoop! Along with the Switzerland-based Financial Stability Board, the IMF is set to develop benchmarks for financial governance, from guidelines on executive pay to methods to prevent the spread of toxic assets through global banks!

Switzerland? The IMF? Really? Just in time...Comments anyone?

"The IMF is changing, and with it, there will be a sea change in the way the world economy is run," said C. Fred Bergsten, director of the Peterson Institute for International Economics. "Their role will dramatically shift. You're talking about monitoring fiscal stimulus, moving toward tighter regulations for financial institutions. You're talking about global economic management in a way we have never seen."

Bowing to a new economic world order, the IMF would grant fresh powers to the likes of China, India and Brazil. It would have vastly expanded authority to act as a global banker to governments rich and poor. And with more flexibility to effectively print its own money, it would have the ability to inject liquidity into global markets in a way once limited to major central banks, including the U.S. Federal Reserve.

That image of a radically transformed IMF -- whose role in the global economy had turned largely advisory in recent years -- is now coming together through internal IMF documents, interviews and think-tank reports. Finance ministers from major nations will begin grappling with the formidable details of the IMF's makeover this weekend when they converge in Washington for the fund's biannual assembly.

The changes, broadly outlined by President Obama and other leaders of the Group of 20 nations in London earlier this month, could take months, even years to take shape. But the IMF is all but certain to take a central role in managing the world economy. As a result, Washington is poised to become the power center for global financial policy, much as the United Nations has long made New York the world center for diplomacy.

President Barack Obama Monday asked Congress to back an expansion of an IMF emergency fund by 500 billion dollars in a move designed to expand its reach to big emerging market nations.

www.breitbart.com...

President Barack Obama on Monday proposed a $100 billion U.S. loan to the International Monetary Fund to boost the IMF's resources and urged a bigger stake in the IMF for emerging powers.

In a letter to U.S. congressional leaders, Obama said the U.S. funding "does not represent a budgetary expenditure or any increase in the deficit since it effectively represents an exchange of assets."

www.reuters.com...

posted on Apr, 20 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What is the link between Switzerland and the New World Order, Barack Obama and the EU?

I honestly believe that powerful politicians in the U.S., U K, etc... have money in Switzerland. Thier "name" is only a mis-direction. The NWO...the Gangster-Banksters, the Illuminati, The name does not matter, only their deeds and their agenda.

Before we go on, let me say a word about Switzerland. Will President Barack Obama do something about this country? Switzerland can be described as a rogue territory. It thrives on earning an income from its banking industry. But its banking industry is one of life’s most Byzantine processes.

Swiss banking laws are more secretive than the operations of the world’s secret services. It took decades for the Philippine government to get Swiss authorities to move against the billions that its former dictator, Marcos, had stashed there. The Duvalier family has money in Switzerland that is still to be repatriated to poor Haiti that needs it. The Pakistani Government in the nineties did not succeed in persuading the Swiss to investigate the Swiss holdings of the late Benazir Bhuto and her husband, who is now President of Pakistan (Lord help that country with that man that is now in power). The private media in Russia continues to insist that Prime Minister Putin has dirty money in Switzerland. A leaked CIA report to the New York Times has supported the Russian media on this story.

www.kaieteurnews.com...

[edit on 20-4-2009 by burntheships]

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Supersized IMF Could Run World Economy!?

That kind of government interventionism is exactly what got the U.S. and the global economy into trouble!

"The current debacle is the result of multiple overreaching government regulations and interventions. At the very base of the problem is the Federal Reserve, which has attempted to fine-tune the economy and guide it delicately through ups and downs," Lewin writes

A new economic world order is emerging and the International Monetary Fund (IMF) may be at the center of global policymaking as a kind of mega-central bank which would "manage" all economies, according to a report in The Washington Post.
President Obama and other G-20 leaders recently empowered the IMF to inject liquidity into global markets in a way once limited to major central banks, including the U.S. Federal Reserve.

The radically transformed IMF — which was largely an advisory body in recent years — is now coming together through internal IMF documents, interviews, and think-tank reports.

moneynews.newsmax.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Something was bound to happen eventually...countries like India and China were not going to settle for old world laws and regulations where they had little say in the IMF.Whether it is some nefarious plan to create a New World Order(which i seriously doubt) or simply an evolution of economies and global influence is up for debate.I know which scenario im putting my money on.I think within the next 5 years we will see a switch from the one world currency(in essence) ie the dollar to a level playing field with SDR's where all major economies have a say in the matter rather than some ogliarchy which is the way its being run right now.IMO it will be both the EU and China that hold most of the power when it comes to the international community in the future.Right now the EU is an economic giant,and it will only grow more in the future and hold most of the cards.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

Yes and this is it. A global economy run by a global bank...

In my humble opinion, this growing IMF role as the master mind bank...since it is based in Washinton D.C. the U.S. will still have plenty of influence...Only the plan is to break the U.S. and slave it's citizens.

The IMF is based in Washington, where it monitors the global economy, warns of impending crises, and offers financial and technical advice to the organization's 185 member nations.

Officials from IMF member countries gather in Washington next week to discuss the global recession and other economic issues.

www.voanews.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
China Reiterates the Call for New World Reserve Currency...

China’s central bank renewed its call for a new global currency and said the International Monetary Fund should manage more of members’ foreign-exchange reserves, triggering a decline in the U.S. dollar.

To avoid the inherent deficiencies of using sovereign currencies for reserves, there’s a need to create an international reserve currency that’s delinked from sovereign nations,” the People’s Bank of China said in its 2008 review released today. The IMF should expand the functions of its unit of account, Special Drawing Rights, the report said.

Group of 20

Group of 20 leaders on April 2 gave approval for the IMF to raise $250 billion by issuing Special Drawing Rights, or SDRs, the artificial currency that the agency uses to settle accounts among its member nations. It also agreed to put another $500 billion into the IMF’s war chest. This month, Russia and Brazil announced plans to buy $20 billion IMF bonds, while China said it is considering purchasing $50 billion.

“Special drawing rights of the IMF should be given full play, and the international body should manage part of its members’ reserves,” the central bank report said.

IMF First Deputy Managing Director John Lipsky said on June 6 it’s possible to take the “revolutionary” step of making SDRs a reserve currency over time.

www.bllomberg.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntheships
reply to post by Solomons

Yes and this is it. A global economy run by a global bank...

In my humble opinion, this growing IMF role as the master mind bank...since it is based in Washinton D.C. the U.S. will still have plenty of influence...Only the plan is to break the U.S. and slave it's citizens.

The IMF is based in Washington, where it monitors the global economy, warns of impending crises, and offers financial and technical advice to the organization's 185 member nations.

Officials from IMF member countries gather in Washington next week to discuss the global recession and other economic issues.

www.voanews.com...

IMHO I don't think they are planning to keep the new IMF in America anymore!

I think NWO will put both the UN & new IMF (world's treasury department)in Switzerland as some kind of compensation to Switzerland when they are going to break up the Swiss secret banking system to implement the NWO with the SDR's.

Switzerland is the home for many of the world elit today, so I guess it will be the new NWO headquarter - WHO is already in Geneva.

If there would be a new world banking system, they have to make some compensation to Switzerland - Secret banking is their livelihood.

I read that Carl Bildt (Minister for Foreign Affairs - Sweden) spoke at the bilderberg meeting in Greece recently about a 'World Health Department' as well! - Therefore I think they will use the current organisation of WHO in Geneva and let it grow to this new 'World Health Department'

I also read that they are going to build new luxury retreat's - resorts - gated luxury communities - new luxury hotels, on a huge scale in Switzerland .

So if I put 2+2 together, I bet that Switzerland is going to be the new NWO headquarter!

My two €uro-cents!

posted on Jun, 26 2009 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Yes you are right on the money. They will keep some meetings central in the U.S. untill they have destroyed it. IMO...Switzerland will be the seat of financial power in the future, as you outlined.

I have been following the Swiss angle closely...ever want to see a bunch of threads on Switzerland, just look at my profile. I think I have at least 5 threads on the subject. No doubt Switzerland will be the home of the elite.

Swiss offer millionaires a home away from the poor

Would you like to share your sources on Swiss info? Would be a nice fit into this thread....

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Hi!

Yes! I read your thread about the homes for the super rich and the NWO elit!

Unfortunately I also read it in Guardian so it was the same "official" source, but that ties in with what I have read earlier (connecting the dots) on the net about Switzerland as the main NWO headquarter country.

( I'm going to see if I can find those links about the expansion of building projects in Switzerland)

Unfortunately there's also few sources about Carl Bildt's Bilderberg speech, but here are some links to sites which are referring to the speech.

Carl Bildt, Sweden’s minister for foreign affairs, made a pitch for two other major Bilderberg goals: creating a global Department of Treasury and Department of Health, with all nations surrendering sovereignty over these issues to the UN. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is to become the Treasury Department and the World Health Organization the World Health Department. But Bildt seized on an old Bilderberg issue, global warming, to make the case for WHO. Bilderberg propaganda over a “swine flu pandemic” has fallen victim to facts: On average, 300,000 Americans develop flu each year and 30,000 die. Only a few have died or even been seriously afflicted by “swine flu.”

The world economic meltdown is a “once-in-a-generation crisis while global warming is a “once-in-a-millennium challenge,” Bildt told Bilderberg. Sources inside Bilderberg said Bildt’s speech mirrored an address he gave to the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Washington. Carnegie’s president, Jessica Mathews, is a long-time Bilderberg participant.

“We are at a critical time,” Bildt (pictured) told Bilderberg. “The order of magnitude [of world crises] are more challenging than we are used to. The world economic recession has already reversed strong annual growth rates in many developing [poor] nations and in some parts of Europe and has the potential to bring down governments. . . . ”

“When we hit bottom, we can’t be sure where we’ll bounce back up,” Bildt said. “This is an urgent economic crisis unlike anything we have dealt with in living memory.” However, he called for a bounce-back within years, not a decade-long recession as some called for in efforts to exploit human misery.

cultofthedeadfish.blogspot.com...

Carl Bildt, Sweden’s minister for foreign affairs, made a pitch for two other major Bilderberg goals: creating a global Department of Treasury and Department of Health, with all nations surrendering sovereignty over these issues to the UN. The International Monetary Fund (IMF) is to become the Treasury Department and the World Health Organization the World Health Department. But Bildt seized on an old Bilderberg issue, global warming, to make the case for WHO. Bilderberg propaganda over a “swine flu pandemic” has fallen victim to facts: On average, 300,000 Americans develop flu each year and 30,000 die. Only a few have died or even been seriously afflicted by “swine flu.”

“We know we need to take action,” Bildt said of global warming. “The global crisis is now,” he said. “The necessity to take action on climate change is now.” His calls for “global action” on these supposed “crises” were thinly disguised calls for UN control.

Bildt called for world (UN) solutions to virtually all problems. He cited the European Union as “model of integration, saying, “the EU is emerging as a global actor.” He advocates expanding NAFTA throughout the Western Hemisphere to create an “American Union.”

The International Monetary Fund sent a report to Bilderberg advocating its rise to the role of World Treasury Department. “Further actions by policymakers, particularly in the financial sector, are needed to restore market trust and confidence,” said Marek Belka, director of the IMF’s European department and former prime minister of Poland.

U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner enthusiastically endorsed the plan for a World Treasury Department, although he received no assurance that he would become its leader. He expressed “hope” that American and European leaders could “work together” to achieve such a “global solution” to the world economic meltdown.

The IMF’s planned new role as a world Treasury Department should be welcome news to the “little guy,” Geithner told Bilderberg. “The damage has been unfair and indiscriminant,” he said. “Ordinary Americans, small business owners and community banks who did the right thing and played by the rules are suffering from the actions of those who took on too much risk.”

But, even with a World Treasury Department, problems will not disappear overnight, Geithner warned. “These are all welcoming signs, but the process of financial recovery and repair is going to take time,” he said, lending his weight to a relative short-term recession as opposed to those who backed a long-term recovery. The people of Europe and America will have suffered enough to embrace a World Treasury Department, he said.

“Our hope is that we can work with Europe on a global framework, a global infrastructure which has appropriate global oversight,” Geithner said. “We can’t allow institutions to cherry-pick among competing regulators and ship risk to where it faces the lowest standards and weakest constraints.”

www.americanfreepress.net...

www.globalresearch.ca...

Carl Bildt is a member of CRF & The Trilateral Commission and RAND corporation and other important NWO Think-tanks!

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Great information
And look at how they frame it. "for thier own good" you know, after all those poor (suckers) americans we robbed, it is not fair to them! We now need to be able to rob the whole world.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Maybe you'll find this interesting?!

In 2007 USA & EU signed the: Transatlantic Economic Integration Plan

useu.usmission.gov...

ec.europa.eu...
(scroll down on the Barroso site and you'll find many more European Union press releases - for some reason I can not link to them)

This mean by 2015 our economy & trading Laws will be integrated - the USA and EU will become A-SINGLE ECONOMY & ONE COMMON MARKET!

That's why the EU was furious with America and the American financial corporations the fall of 2008, about their fraud and toxic papers - these American corporations were jeopardising the 'Transatlantic Economic Integration Plan' and the EU were not happy since the work had already started.

Here's some more info about the plan:

Bush OKs 'integration' with European Union - Congress never asked about new obligation.

President Bush signed an agreement creating a "permanent body" that commits the U.S. to "deeper transatlantic economic integration," without ratification by the Senate as a treaty or passage by Congress as a law.

The "Transatlantic Economic Integration" between the U.S. and the European Union was signed April 30 at the White House by Bush, German Chancellor Angela Merkel – the current president of the European Council – and European Commission President Jos? Manuel Barroso.

The document acknowledges "the transatlantic economy remains at the forefront of globalization," arguing that the U.S. and the European Union "seek to strengthen transatlantic economic integration."

www.worldnetdaily.com...

7-year plan aligns U.S. Rules, regs to be integrated

Six U.S. senators and 49 House members are advisers for a group working toward a Transatlantic Common Market between the U.S. and the European Union by 2015.

A progress report on the TEC website indicates the following U.S. government agencies are already at work integrating and harmonizing administrative rules and regulations with their EU counterparts: The Office of Management and Budget, the Food and Drug Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration and the Securities and Exchange Commission.

Bennett also confirmed that what has become known as the "Merkel initiative" would allow the Transatlantic Economic Council to integrate and harmonize administrative rules and regulations between the U.S. and the EU "in a very quiet way," without introducing a new free trade agreement to Congress.

www.wnd.com...

[edit on 27-6-2009 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Very...
You see I dream about this stuff. Or should I say Nightmares ? Links to lots of information there too.

Great minds think alike!

More good information there from WND...and Bush. Yeah I do not mean to just target Obama.

It is a big scheme carried out by the big bad boys...and girls

And Obama is meeting with Merkel, his "friend he can trust" soon.
www.eubusiness.com...

ec.europa.eu...

[edit on 27-6-2009 by burntheships]

top topics

join