It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom: Video adds more pain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Mom: Video adds more pain

www.cnn.com

Mom: Video adds more pain 7:03
Mother of a man shot to death says a YouTube video of a cop mocking the killing "added a whole lot more pain."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
does it ever end? How were these people (cops) raised that they find death funny at all. What happened in their lifetime (besides the comradship of being with other cops like themselves) makes a person so disgusting?

If it isn't the police colleges themselves doing this...why are they taking on such mentally and morally deficient candidates..or is that the prerequisit nowadays?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 4/19/2009 by semperfortis]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I keep saying like a broken record that the police are 99% serial killers.

Another thread worthy of that assertion. Nothing to be said, other than what i said above. But someone will come on here, saying the police are this and that, and there are only some bad apples, rubbish, they are 99% bad.

I doubt they want anyone joining the police who can really analyse any of the things they do, they just are foot soldiers today.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by andy1033]

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Of course they are going to discuss this stuff on their off time. Anyone in their position would! They see this stuff all the time.

It isn't like this was a 5 year old run down by a car. It was a drug dealer that got shot. Why on earth would anyone think they aren't going to talk about it with the buddies?

That cop should NOT be harrassed for discussing what he saw. If he was discussing police brutality and making jokes about it, yeah that would be a problem. But talking about drug dealers that get killed? They see it all the time and yeah they are going to talk about it and no they don't need to be all PC and sensitive about it. They probably worry plenty about getting shot by one of those drug dealers, so why should they be all sensitive when one gets shot by other criminals?

Leave the poor guy alone.

[edit on 19-4-2009 by Sonya610]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This guy (as far as I know) had never been convicted of any drug activity....

even if he had, we are a civilized nation/society (hmmpft NOT) and if so, that is what prisons are for

not to mention, police (just as medical staff) have rules against discussing cases and events with the public and the press.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66
This guy (as far as I know) had never been convicted of any drug activity....

As far as you know? Yeah you didn't want to look it up so instead you say there is "no proof" he was a convicted of various offenses...

The victim, who had convictions including possessing drugs and paraphernalia, was shot outside a bar after fighting with another man, police have said.

www.post-gazette.com...

Originally posted by suzque66even if he had, we are a civilized nation/society (hmmpft NOT) and if so, that is what prisons are for

not to mention, police (just as medical staff) have rules against discussing cases and events with the public and the press.

Prison? He wasn't killed by the authorities, he was popped off by one of his little scum associates. This has nothing to do with "prison". I would bet if you LIVED around those drug dealers and had to worry about your house getting shot up, or your kids being shot, you would not be crying about it when they off eachother either.

And yes cops as well as medical personel can and DO talk about what they see. They may not mention names for legal reasons, they may need to hush up about suspects being charged, but they sure as heck can discuss the suicides and murders that they come across in vague terms. I have had a few tell me some pretty brutal stories, they were not sensitive about it and I would not expect them to be.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

It seems as if the cop enjoyed watching this guy suffer. but Why does it matter if he sold an addictive substance in his community is he any different than the fluoride pushing drug companies?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66
are you not well in the head and think this has anything to do with the lad being a drug dealer? No news reports even mention he was a dealer or buyer of drugs.

Excuse me, but can you READ??? I posted the link that clearly states he was convicted of VARIOUS crimes including drugs and drug paraphenalia. I would love to know what OTHER crimes he was convicted of.

Apparently he was fighting in public, which is ALSO a crime, when he was shot.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by suzque66

Please check your source video.
For some reason I'm not getting the video in question.
If you want to post a name I can look for it myself and save you the trouble but I figured you'd want to know it isn't working.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
here is the full vid then...

www.youtube.com...

and no cop is a professional who behaves this way...at home, drunk, sober or in public.

his audience is equally as sick...the ones laughing,

yet the one who took the video must not be his biggest fan either. lol

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Yeah and I'm sure that cops use the "He was a drug dealer" excuse a LOT to justify their slayings. Hell, I still remember the story of the 2 cops who blew away someones 90+ year old grandma on a no knock warrant because they said they thought it was a "drug dealer" who lived there. Of course it turned out that the warrant was obtained from a paid informant (who can be paid to say anything).

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   
So we would prefer all emergency responders to just bottle everything up and never talk about it.

This scene obviously bothered the officer in the video thats why he is trying to make it funny and joke about it. Thats what happens when you respond to stuff like that.

Ive been to several fires/emergency scenes (as a firefighter/emt) and yeah, we get back to the station and we joke about pretty morbid stuff.

If you cant talk to your buddies about stuff that bothers you...youll end up going off the deep end. Suicide is real big in emergency service #1 killer of firefighters, police officers and correctional officers.

Making a mountain out of a mole hill if you ask me!

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
talking about it back at a station is not the point here..this guy was in a public bar. If he has such issues with his job there are counsellors for such PTSD problems..

The cop wasn't the one that killed this guy, btw.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
The cop did not do ANYTHING illegal. Now the person that recorded him without his knowledge and posted the video, that could very EASILY be against the law. Recording people varies state to state, and usually recording them without their knowledge and sharing it is against the law.

I bet they can figure out who did that, and I bet that person is going to pay for it in some way. He should.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
"So we would prefer all emergency responders to just bottle everything up and never talk about it.

This scene obviously bothered the officer in the video thats why he is trying to make it funny and joke about it. Thats what happens when you respond to stuff like that.

Ive been to several fires/emergency scenes (as a firefighter/emt) and yeah, we get back to the station and we joke about pretty morbid stuff.

If you cant talk to your buddies about stuff that bothers you...youll end up going off the deep end. Suicide is real big in emergency service #1 killer of firefighters, police officers and correctional officers. "

We are not responsible for this guy's mental status ..if he cannot handle his job, he can get help or quit. simple.

like I said..unprofessional, childish and moronic.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

This is a great response! I think we should do the same thing to those people who run red lights, and talk on their cell phones while driving (against the law here in California).

Cause you know people never learn, so since he had drug charges in the past he should always have to wear a scarlet letter, and any harm that should come would be deserved.

/sarcasm

I swear, such ignorance. To say he deserved what happened to him because he had drug charges from his past.

[edit on 4/19/2009 by adigregorio]

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
He was a convicted criminal that was fighting with ANOTHER criminal in a bar.

If you want to hang out with violent thugs and get into fights with them then you risk getting killed. Big mystery huh? If you want to run red lights and you get broadsided by a truck in an intersection you have that coming too.

It is a lifestyle CHOICE, a BEHAVIORAL choice, it is NOT an accident.

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
He was a convicted criminal that was fighting with ANOTHER criminal in a bar.

What if it wasn't "what sounds like" another criminal? What if it sounded like an assult on the man shot? Or what if it sounded like a robbery gone wrong? Ahh, but we do not know what exactly it "sounded like" do we?

Originally posted by Sonya610
If you want to hang out with violent thugs and get into fights with them then you risk getting killed...you have that coming too.

It is a lifestyle CHOICE, a BEHAVIORAL choice, it is NOT an accident.

Well you live in Atlanta, so if you get lumped in a stereotype of the 'rosey-nape' then you have no one to blame but yourself, I mean you choose to live there don't you?

EDIT

Aww, you don't think it sounds like that anymore, bad form... Post I was responding to said it "Sounded like a fight" in the begining of the post (just so no misunderstandings happen)

Did you change it because the shooter must be a criminal since he shot the other guy? Or did you see that "sounds like" was a bad idea to have in your post? Furthermore, where is the evidence that the shooter is a criminal, since he has not been charged/convicted of murder yet?

posted on Apr, 19 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
What if it wasn't "what sounds like" another criminal? What if it sounded like an assult on the man shot? Or what if it sounded like a robbery gone wrong? Ahh, but we do not know what exactly it "sounded like" do we?

The article above says that he was shot by a man that he fought with in a bar. So no it was not a robbery.

Good lord it looks like this SAME GUY was shot last year too! Same town, same age, same name, shot a year ago coming out of another bar!!! LOL.

Oh and it gets better! Rondale Jennings brother, Roosevelt Cobb, hung himself in an Eerie prison after he was arrested for murdering a guy in Cleveland. He died at the same hospital that Rondale was taken to when he was shot last year.

Yeah...these are fine upstanding "citizens". Totally not a stereotype.

Local news briefs

Published: April 18. 2008 12:40AM

An Erie man was released from Hamot Medical Center on Thursday after treatment for a gunshot wound to his arm. Rondale Jennings, 30, told Erie police he was shot about 2 a.m. Thursday near the corner of East 11th Street and East Avenue. He told police he had left a nearby tavern when he saw his sister fighting with a man on the corner. He said he scuffled with two men while trying to break up the argument, and that one of the men, whom he and his sister did not know, shot him, police said.A friend drove Jennings to Hamot.Erie police have not made an arrest in the case. Police ask anyone with information to call the station at 870-1120.

www.goerie.com.../20071205/NEWS02/712050457

The 19-year-old inmate who hanged himself with a bedsheet at Erie County Prison was wanted on a murder charge in Cleveland.Roosevelt Cobb, of Cleveland, had been charged in a Nov. 21 slaying and was awaiting an extradition hearing. That hearing "is moot at this point," said Lt. Tom Stacho, spokesman for the Cleveland police, who identified Cobb as the suicide victim.C obb, who hanged himself Monday, had been at Erie County Prison since Thursday, when state police and the FBI arrested him at the Greyhound bus station at the Intermodal Transportation Center on Erie's east bayfront.

Roosevelt Cobb was pronounced dead at Hamot Medical Center at 5:44 p.m. Monday.

Jennings, Rondale
Rondale Jennings, Sr., 31, 730 E. 5th St., unexpectedly Saturday, March 28, 2009. He was born December 29, 1977, in Cleveland, Ohio, son of Ronald Green of Cleveland and Yvette Jennings of Erie. He was preceded in death by a brother, Roosevelt Cobb.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join