It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skeptics and Believers dont exist

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i'm a skeptical believer.

and i skeptically believe that i exist, but i could be wrong, i must admit.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
"I think about how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And I ask you, does not this threat alread exsist?"
--President Ronald Reagen UN address

this quote was from president reagan while he was president in the 80's, and addressing the united nations

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by soul of integrity

Why not use a bigger part of the quote?

I have spoken today of a vision and the obstacles to its realization. More than a century ago a young Frenchman, Alexis de Tocqueville, visited America. After that visit he predicted that the two great powers of the future world would be, on one hand, the United States, which would be built, as he said, ``by the plowshare,'' and, on the other, Russia, which would go forward, again, as he said, ``by the sword.'' Yet need it be so? Cannot swords be turned to plowshares? Can we and all nations not live in peace? In our obsession with antagonisms of the moment, we often forget how much unites all the members of humanity. Perhaps we need some outside, universal threat to make us recognize this common bond. I occasionally think how quickly our differences worldwide would vanish if we were facing an alien threat from outside this world. And yet, I ask you, is not an alien force already among us? What could be more alien to the universal aspirations of our peoples than war and the threat of war?

Address to the 42d Session of the United Nations General Assembly in New York, New York - September 21, 1987

It sounds a little different when complete.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by soul of integrity

Considering Reagan was an actor before becoming President it is also widely known he loved Scifi. BUT........Some still speculate that he was dropping some type of subtle hint there. Who knows, obviously nothing has happened yet. Either way I think it MUCH more likely that he was only using that statement as an example.

posted on Aug, 30 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

you guys could both be right, i admit. but i don't discredit one interpretaion over the other because of percieved context, in other words i don't assume to know exactly what he was reffering to, considering the information he may have had access to.

it is one of many quotes from people who were in positions of government talking about "aliens", but not neccessarily being a threat ....positions of military, astronauts, scientists, and the like on another thread.

i don't neccessarily believe if aliens are here that they do pose a threat. i am sure i can't discredit all quotes conserning them from the most credible of sources from our own history and records.

just so you know my position .... thats all

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join