It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Guns are Evil lets ban them all!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Guns are not evil.

People who want to remove peoples guns want to make themselves and others slaves/subjets of their government.

A armed person is a citizen, a disarmed person is a servant/slave.

As far as the law goes, I would rather face 12 men then be carried by 6!!!!!

[edit on 4/13/2009 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aztec Riddle

that's why rednecks love guns, cause they know just how defenceless they really are.

My, my...you are stereotyping folks aren't you? A person owns a weapon such as a pistol or rifle for several reasons 1)self protection...2)putting food on the table, or self sufficiency...3)enjoys putting lead downrange in a safe and responsible fashion, such as at a shooting range. I own weapons for all three of those reasons. I guess that that makes me, by your definition, a redneck.

To quote Jeff Foxworthy:

I are one

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
Good parenting would negate the need for gun control. However, real good parenting does not exist in many areas and parents blame everything wrong on some other thing rather than taking the time to show and teach their kids right from wrong.

Some kids take longer to accept this and believe it and value it.

Some parents dont' try hard enough.

Some parents leave their family and leave a single parent home where there is not the the supervision that is needed at such a young age to teach right and wrong.

If we better educated our kids and in school with stuff that is actually useful and important than more people would understand the stupidity of using a gun against somebody.

Less people would have to carry guns to protect themselves because more people would be responsible, but people could still carry guns and it would not be an issue because it would be a known thing that gun carriers are very aware and informed about the gun they carry and when and when not to use it.

That is just some of what would help.

LucidDreamer85, that's a pretty concise assessment for most of what ails society today. The solution that you propose is too radical to work, however. Parents acting like parents? Madness! I realize that it's not all parents, but rather a minority of people with poor parenting skills. However, it's enough to make a difference.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Donkey_Dean

It's classic human scapegoating pure and simple. We seem to inherently need to blame something for our faults and failures on something. Whether it is "witches" in the past, religion now, etc etc etc etc.

posted on Apr, 14 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aztec Riddle
There's no effin skill involved in killing someone with a gun, a child can kill a man with a gun, at least when war and fighting meant something there was some skill involved, nowadays none, just point and shoot. Guns are only around because they make weak people feel strong, makes them equal to someone else, that's why rednecks love guns, cause they know just how defenceless they really are.

Actually, there is quite a bit of skill involved in using a firearm. Firing a gun is hardly 'point and shoot' at anything other than point blank range. (No pun intended.) There's a reason that even after hundreds of hours of training and range time the average Marine or soldier still doesn't have what it takes to be a sniper. Because it's not easy.

Guns are hardly around 'because they make weak people feel strong'. Rather, they're around because they've been an effective tool for war and hunting for so long. Yes, some who are weak may feel strong because they have a gun, just as some who are strong will be indignant because someone who is physically weaker than them has leveled the playing field. It shows quite a bit of insecurity and arrogance to object to firearms solely because it makes the weak equal to the strong.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join