It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

StoneHenge is merely psycological

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I just thought of this whilst drinking my pepsi, and it came to me. People who go to Stonehenge wanting to find magic or feel the good sensation will. Because the mind truelly believes that it will feel good. It makes itself feel good by sub conciously releasing "feel-good" chemicles into your body.
The people who go there and dont beleive they will feel anything, they dont. They dont expect, there brain doesnt make them.
Or it could be magic, idk for sure. YOu guys tell me your thoughts.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AntiConspirator

my freind went to the winter soltice thing there he was saying, he said it was an amazing experiance he met some amazing peoples bla bla bla so yes i reckon a big part of it is the brain releasing chemicals but isnt everything?

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It is not all in the brain, but unless you experience no one can explain what if feels like to have your 3rd eye open, etc....

If you live with totally materialistic views thats fine, but do not think that this is all there is.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
ya most likely its all in the brain. you make your own reality blah blah blah. your core beliefs and frames really do have a great effect on what happens in your life even if they are delusional. of course there is still the slight chance there is some kind of magic.. can't really disprove it but its surely not probable.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I kind of agree. It's a placebo effect. The power isn't in the stones; it's in the mind. Belief is a powerful thing. People experience this kind of epiphany or euphoria everyday in other things like religion.

... or in your case Pepsi!

IRM

[edit on 10/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

im amazed of InfaRedMan's powers to kill a thread, im thinking most will agree with your opinion

i agree, its placebo, nothing magical or anything. just the brain doing its thing.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by 180attoseconds

LOL! It wasn't my intention, I assure you. I think I'm just the last person to express interest in the thread.

*sniff*

IRM

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Stonehenge was built by a time traveler who needed to figure out how far he traveled back in time.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Real Antichrist
Stonehenge was built by a time traveler who needed to figure out how far he traveled back in time.

ROFL! The thread appears to have had some life breathed back into it.

OK, you got me man... explain to me how you came to this assumption using more than speculation and KY Jelly?

IRM

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   

I like Pepsi. I have never been there, but I can only imagine.

Stonehenge was the most dramatic scene in this film

www.youtube.com...

I'd like to go there for an eclipse. I think U-FOes were seen there at a 1998 eclipse.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:45 AM
link   

I believe that earth is trapped in a bubble of time. The planets in our solar system are all earth evolving in different stages. Mars is earths future and Venus is earth in the past. Eventually we discover this and travel to venous back in time. Then we have to ensure that everything happens exactly the same so that we can do it again allowing mankind to evolve for eternity.

So they will have to figure out how far the traveled in time so that they ensure everything goes to schedule.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I can understand it as a 'placebo effect' too. You get out what you put in perspective-wise. I've been to Stonehenge a couple of times (family and alone) and didn't feel much. The presence of coach parks, A-road and cola drinking tourists diminished the sense of age. Maybe there's a confirmation bias aspect too? Haunted house is 'creepy', Glastonbury Tor is 'mystical' etc?

If you go to Cumbria and climb up Great Knott from Dungeon Ghyll and up to Bow Fell, that's more like it
Sense of age, majesty and wonder.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by The Real Antichrist

OK, we've established this is what you believe but explain to me the mental processes you used to reach such an assumption.

What's a time bubble? (not the Wes Crusher/Star Trek explanation.. please!)
Why do time bubbles exist... for what purpose?
Why do we need to go around in circles for eternity, what is the logic in this?
Why is Stonehenge a time marker for the loop?
Why isn't the prosaic answer for Stonehenge acceptable for you?
Why did you misspell Venus?
When was the last time you drank Pepsi?

IRM

[edit on 11/4/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Many world cultures are based on a cycle of birth, destruction, and rebirth. The symbol of the Ouroboros, a serpent or dragon swallowing its own tail, has existed since the dawn of civilization. Yet no one is completely sure where it comes from. We only know that it signifies eternity. The ancient Mayan Sacred Calendar places Earth in a final cycle of life that will end near the winter solstice of 2012 AD. Many other civilizations and faiths maintain a belief in reincarnation, continuous birth, and return. Only three world religions use the concept of linear time instead of cyclical time: Judaism, Christianity, and Islam.

www.antichristversion666.com...

Trimmed quote, added 'ex' tags and a link

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/4/09 by masqua]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   

You need to post links to your sources (T&C). Especially when you blatantly cut and paste a book advertisement.

You still haven't answered one of my questions openly and plainly. Instead you seem to have dug yourself a deeper hole with all of this crystal gazing tom foolery.

IRM

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   

What is a time bubble? It is the fact that someone was able to escape the planet before it was destroyed.

The past present and future all exist at the same time. the minute he went back in time humans now had opportunity to evolve forever. remember: The past present and future all exist at the same time. Thus our evolved selves(greys) existed instantly but because they are more evolved and more advanced they now control the timeline and their only concern is their existence they cannot exist without us we are their ancestors. and they want to make sure the same person who traveled back in time does so again because he is the foundation of their DNA.

stonehenge is simply how they outline the time. there are more than one stonehenge's the Mayans had a Stonehenge that mark the winter and summer solstice every so many years apart. it's like a sophisticated astrological calendar.

i don't know why I mispelled Venus.

pepsi? one month ago

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Thanks for the answers but I still don't understand how you got from A to B.

IRM

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Sorry guy, you need to move aside....i have to tear down the present and move it back to create the beginning so we all have a place to stand.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Stonehenge is strategically placed.

It sits on a conjunction of the Ley lines known as Michael and Mary. Ley lines are power lines that criss cross the body of the earth, much like our chakra's. Many monuments build to express cultural renditions of the spirit are sited at ley line conjunctions, Glastonbury Tor being another on the Mary/Michael alignment.

(See The Sun and the Serpent, Hamish Miller & Paul Broadhurst
Running right across southern Britain, from the far west of Cornwall to a point on the east coast of Norfolk, the St Michael line is a remarkable alignment of ancient sacred sites.'The Sun and the Serpent' recounts an adventure as remarkable as the enigma of the St. Michael Line itself. Over a period of more than two years, dowser Hamish Miller and author Paul Broadhurst track the course of this enigmatic flow of energy for some 300 miles through some of the most notable monuments in Britain.)

Of all the theories about what the Henge was actually built for, I favour the accoustic one; that the Henge is a musical instrument!

On Salisbury Plain, there is also a reconstruction of Wood Henge. There has been a lot of speculation about the purpose of this secondary, smaller henge. A prototype created by the architects and civil engineers of the day? A little something for the girls? Who knows! Then, one day, I was driving past the Henge and in a field opposit, some smart alec had built a straw Henge from hay bales!

[edit on 11/4/2009 by teapot]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join