It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has power grid been hacked? U.S. won't say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Has power grid been hacked? U.S. won't say

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. concerns about the potential for cyber-attacks on critical infrastructure extended to the American electrical power grid on Wednesday and experts pointed the finger anew at Chinese hackers, among others.

U.S. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano told reporters the power grid is vulnerable to potentially disabling computer attacks, while declining to comment on reports that an intrusion had taken place.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I think they have been looking for an excuse to implement their plans to shut down the internet and move everyone to Internet 2.0 - an attack on our infrastructure could create the hysteria needed.

Knock out the power in a few cities and blame it on hackers or foreign agents and watch as the internet melts away.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Smack

I totally agree,I was just talking to my hubby about it a few mins. ago and we were both saying the same thing. The question for me is what can we do about it? My conclusion is there isnt a darn thing we can do but it will really be a sad day for me if it does happen. I'm hoping i'm wrong. Take care and star and flag.

[edit on 8-4-2009 by freeyourmind1111]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Existing News Thread on this topic found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to add comments and opinions there.

Closed.

top topics

join