It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ian Tomlinson Death: G20 police assault revealed in video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Ian Tomlinson Death: G20 police assault revealed in video

www.guardian.co.uk

Footage shows Ian Tomlinson, the man who died during G20 protests in London, being attacked from behind. The first frame shows Tomlinson in front of at least six riot officers with shields and batons walking south down Royal Exchange Passage. He has his hands in his pockets and is walking slowly away from police. No other protesters or bystanders can be seen in the area. An officer in riot gear appears to use his left hand to strike Tomlinson on the back. The same riot officer forcibly pushes
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Riot Cops Killed Newspaper Seller At G20

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is really disturbing. The cops that are supposed to enforce the law think they are above it! This guy wasnt even a protester, he was just some guy that left work and was walking home. 99% of people that become cops were the bullies in school, now they have special authority to "enforce the law" however they see fit. This guy soon died from a "heart attack". These cops even performed an "autopsy" and determined he died from "natural causes". When will this end? When will people stop making excuses for the police and blaming the victims?! THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE!!!

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/7/2009 by sp00n1]

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The most utterly outrageous part of this whole scenario is sadly, not that the police did this - it's despicable that they think they can get away with this kind of treatment and the guy who did it should be jailed IMO - but the reaction of the government backed New's agencies.

There are a few outlet's who are telling it like it is and rightly calling out the police for what they've done, but the BBC take on this last night served to protect the police. Very regrettably I didn't download the original video and they have now changed their story and doubtful we'll see last nights report again, but if I find it I'll certainly post it.

This journo blatantly disregarded the attack by using the word's "allegedly" "apparently" and "appears to" over and over - it literally made my blood boil as this was going out across the world on BBC News 24 - anybody catch it?. If I was a member of this guys family I'd be hunting not only for the police officer who did this, but for the police sympathising BBC journalists who had the audacity to refute the police involvement AS THE VIDEO WAS PLAYING ON SCREEN.

Man I hate this country more and more every day.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
It makes me so angry, a guy on his way home from work being assaulted for no reason, in my opinion, other than to show others authority.

The threads here on ATS asking questions about whether the police or military will turn on their own citizens should be in no doubt, for some it will be the ultimate power trip.

We are not heading into 1984, we are already there !

Respects

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Bravo, thats the way the police should handle things, a cpl of violent protesters end up handled, then maybe they wont be so violent in the future.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienj
reply to post by sp00n1

Bravo, thats the way the police should handle things, a cpl of violent protesters end up handled, then maybe they wont be so violent in the future.
Appart from the FACT that Ian Tomlinson was just a bystander, who had nothing to do with the protest. Who was MURDERED by the nazi scum police?

go away, trollboy.

posted on Apr, 8 2009 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Duplicate Here: Ongoing Discussion

Please post in the ongoing discussion..

Closing

Thank you

Semper

new topics

top topics

join