It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If we have Sun worshippers, there's Milky Way worshippers too??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Look here

upload.wikimedia.org...

This rather breathtaking artist's rendition of our own Milky Way Galaxy seen from above the disc seems to reveal something familiar - the galactic bar resembling an eye!!

More on Milky Way en.wikipedia.org...

Eye of providence which represents 'Eye of God'

en.wikipedia.org...

So here's what I'm thinking:

God the Father = Milky Way Galaxy
Son of God = Sun

Plausible theory? I have a belief that both the Sun and the Milky Way galaxy are living and possibly (extremely)intelligent entities. I also have to cite that Galaxies are well capable of creating stars, planets, probably everything we see in the sky... Either Galaxies is God himself or manifestation of the presence of God like an imprint, avatar, soul, whatever.. What do you think?

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That's quite the stretch don't you think? Basing your conclusion on an artists rendition of the galaxy? I fail to see how you could logically take that and conclude that the sun and galaxy are living, intelligent things.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Well this is also based on other conspiracies regarding Sun worship especially connecting Christianity to ancient Egyptian Sun God worship(Sun=Son, Horus, Sabbath=Saturday? vs Sunday worship)

What we're missing is the Father, the one who created the Sun/Son and it has to be galaxy itself. The concept only came to mind when I realized that our own galaxy is a 'barred spiral galaxy'. I know other barred galaxies based on Hubble Space Telescope(HST) images and they all look like they have an eye on their center. I have to mention the Eye of Providence again. Just a hunch that this 'Eye' is related to the 'galactic eye'

How I came to the idea of the Galaxy as sentient intelligent beings is again based on my studies of galaxy snapshots from the HST and Dark Matter. All galaxies have distinctly unique attributes, they interact with each other in a more creative manner than destructive. Some Dark Matter theories propose that the anomalous excess gravity from galaxies are a consequence of their existence in multiple dimensions which also affects our plane of reality. Who knows what they look like in a different of reality.. Actually, who knows what we ourselves look like in a different dimension

But I'm not claiming my theory to be solid. It's most based on hunch. It's like when you're up against something, you don't assume that thing to be unthinking and dumb. Anyway, we still have many things we don't know about the universe. Aside from the well known theories, anything is possible atm so don't discount it yet until proven

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm not really sure what you are asking here. Are you asking for information on why the theory itself of son = sun and milky way = father is wrong? Or are you asking on if it is possible some people believe that?

I guess some people could believe that, but as far as if it's true or not is another story.

The father is within, and you are the son. Thus, to even suggest those are the father and son is completely off base on all levels. Only people who don't know/understand the father within(the blind) could ever think these things are the sun or the galaxy. Of course, doesn't mean people will not try and convince people of it etc.

[edit on 7-4-2009 by badmedia]

posted on Apr, 7 2009 @ 05:33 AM
link   
You're right, I am simply wondering if others may share similar idea or perhaps even have a piece of information they can link to.

I am a Christian and have read the Bible cover to cover. I also did come upon verses in the Bible that would suggest that the celestial bodies we're observing would be part of the Body of God. The main difficulty to prove it and we may probably never prove is the fact that large structures in the Universe operate in the vastly different time scale from us in terms of billions of years.

We may never see some of the unique behavior of galaxies for example due to the time scales involved.

Here's some of the 'life like behavior' I've recently found out regarding galactic activity

www.sciencedaily.com...

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ahnggk

Well, the thing about stuff like that IMO is that it is mostly a matter of perspective, and the same thing can be described and understood in different ways.

When you start looking at the nature of soul and consciousness it's more of an understanding than something you physically "see". And if you have an understanding of something, then you are able to express and see that in many ways and things.

I'm sure the father exists in all those stars and such, just as he exists here. And you can at the same time in a way call them "parts", just as there are "parts" here. You can even think of people as individual thoughts of a bigger brain. All in all, these are all explanations of the same thing. That we are smaller parts of something bigger. Giving the same basic understanding. And this is also how the father gives, in understanding. Understanding is universal outside language. You can give numbers any symbol you want, but the understanding of adding and subtracting stays the same. So when I listen to "other" theories, I generally listen and look for the understanding behind them, because that is the actual truth. I find this to also be true in the bible.

The only distinction I make is between creation and creator. Between that which is bound to laws(creation) and that which creates the logic and such for those laws (creator/consciousness). So while in the above someone in the "parts" explanation could IMO be wrong if they think the actual "sun", "stars" and creation itself is what is being referred to, rather than the consciousness that exists throughout it. Soul/consciousness is an individual "part" of the father, but the physical body etc is part of creation, aka "from the dust of the earth". So I make a distinction between the 2, and I think genesis also makes that distinction, and we also see the father/son relationship with Jesus.

I'm not christian, I agree with Jesus, but do not see the same way Christians do.

new topics

top topics

join