It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would astronomy cameras be good for viewing Area 51?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I've just watched the documentary recently posted on this forum about Area 51, in which they used a special camera with a pretty big lens to veiw Area 51 from what i think they said was about 26 miles.

The pics were ok, but nothing amazing.

So my mind starts thinking about what kind of viewing equipment can see things from extremely long distances, and the most extreme examples i can think of is astronomy equipment.

Please know that i have no idea about cameras and telescopes, so this is just an idea that i am curious about.

If a novice backyard astronomer can buy telescopes with camera facilities on them that can view the heavens, why can't/haven't the same kind of thing be used to view Area 51 from just a few miles away?

CX.

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
No reason really, if they do any testing there, it's conventinal aircraft these days.

What you need to do is find the new Area 51 and take pictures of that! lol

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   
You can use astronomy gear to photograph land based objects but the problem is heat haze or pollution. The further away the object the less clarity you will have especially in the desert.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Actually, their video was pretty good.

People bring telescopes to Tikaboo all the time. Without a telescope or really good binoculars, the trip is a waste.

telephotography

new topics

top topics

join