It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the deal with 2012?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Why is this considered the end of the world? Everyone's predictions of 'the final fight' or whatnot seems to focus on this year. I remember hearing of a cult believing that on 12-12-2012, all technology will turn against us. Cars will run over people by themselves, blenders will puree human flesh, and domesticated animals will attack us. What do you guys think? Where did this all originate?

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh #! I better watch out then, with all the naughty pictures ive taken on ym computer, it might try and violate me in my sleep!

Seriously, the belief is different for 2012. Some people say its the end of the world because of the Mayan Calender ends that year. others claim thats when jesus is coming (everyone look busy).

Im guessing its the whole Myana Calender thing, thats where it originated from, and diversified into other theories. I myself dont buy 2012 as any more signifigant than any other year.

I believe it was mentioned that 2012 iss the year that the y2k fixes will be obsolete, creating a need for a new bug fix. Maybe thats where the whole freeaked out about technology thing came from.

I dunno about domestic animals, they are already attacking. My cats already are conspiring against me, I woke up and they were all staring at me with those beady little eyes, looking at me like they wanted to eat me.....maybe I should have remebered to fill the food bowl before I went to sleep.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

others claim thats when jesus is coming (everyone look busy).

Back to the subject. I really have no idea about this year. I certainly hope nothing bad happens.

[Edited on 21-4-2004 by Ess Why Kay]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Maby its not the end of the world?

Maby its just a new beginin

Also they might of got fed up with the calender and couldnt be bothered to add anymore as their was no need (Not nesseserly the end of the world)

new topics

top topics

join