It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unmarked Van and a Dead CIA Contractor…

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Hmmm…another "random" homicide of an high-security clearance worker in the greater DC area. This time a former CIA contractor, just minding his own business, taking a walk in a "safe" neighborhood.

www.myfoxdc.com...

A report obtained exclusively by FOX 5 revealed new details about the murder scene and the victims in a brutal murder and assault on a Loudoun County couple.

Some of the details in the computer-assisted dispatch, or CAD, as it is commonly called, are highly sensitive. It includes more information about the suspects, a mysterious white van that was seen in the area, and about how far reaching the investigation has become.

According to the 15-page CAD from EMS responders, on the morning of March 2, a resident first noticed something out of the ordinary shortly after 5 a.m. The report says a white van was seen, and three men were heard speaking loudly on Rocky Creek Road. About 15 minutes later, there was more commotion, and the same van was seen. This time, two males— one in a dark sweatshirt and the other in a light, hooded sweatshirt—crossed Riverside Parkway several times…

Retired Green Beret William Bennett, 57, was found dead when EMS crews arrived. According to the report, he died of blunt force trauma to the face and head…

Cynthia Bennett remains in critical condition at an undisclosed area hospital under tight security. Investigators are offering a reward of more than $20,000 for information in the case.

Curiouser still…

www.nbcwashington.com...

Neighbor Tammy Goddard never saw William Bennett go outside during daylight hours except to run to the mailbox in his shorts to pick up his mail, she said. The Bennetts had their groceries delivered once a week and their laundry picked up and delivered daily, Goddard said. He only went out at night.

"I just thought he liked to keep to himself," Goddard said. "He was very reclusive. We had difficulty getting him to say hello."

I’m sure it’s nothing… Like the MSM coverage keeps repeating - it's likely "gang-related"...

cryptogon.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 30/3/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Another? How many of these guys and gals are biting the dust these
days? I've heard about the murdered Scientists on Coast to Coast a while back in the field of BIO, Germ, Chemical and such but never a repeated effort to smother a CIA agent. To me it sounds like a new force is brewing and only the brainwashed are allowed to continue working on upcoming NWO assignments. I can't tell yet whether this is bad guy killing bad a$$ guy or bad guy killing good guy.
Whose on our side.

S & F

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

I found an interesting additional piece of information , also from NBC Washington News

....... You linked a NBC Washington News article also .... but it did not have this information on it ...

What they do know is that William Bennett was a CIA contractor until 2000. He was involved in a mistaken bombing of the Chinese embassy in Belgrade in May 1999 during the conflict with Kosovo, according to intelligence sources. Three people were killed and 20 injured in that bombing. The CIA later took responsibility. Bennett was one of the officials who helped identify targets in Belgrade, according to a retired senior intelligence officer.

Pay - back ?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

Oh, good find! Very interesting.

I wonder if he had inside info that he was being targeted and that's why he didn't go out much?

[edit on 30/3/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If the bombings are factored in then this plays out as bad guy killing bad guy and never was on our side. More targets are in waiting to complete the pay back.

This story is a very good find.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thanks Kosmic !

Here`s an article from The New York Times about the bombing of the Chinese embassy .

and interestingly .....

The Director of Central Intelligence disclosed today that the agency had selected just one target in the 11-week air war over Yugoslavia, and its decision led to the accidental bombing of the Chinese Embassy in May.

''This episode is unusual because the C.I.A. does not normally assemble, on its own, target nomination packages containing the coordinates of specific installations or buildings,'' Mr. Tenet said.

With the bombing happening in May 1999 , this whole incident (if related) just a few weeks shy of its 10th anniversary.
=========================================

" He was involved in a mistaken bombing of the Chinese embassy "

......... is it normal to divulge such information ?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Okay, after a lot of searching, some things have me wondering:

-There is very, very little about these two victims to be found.

-There were only three murders in that county in all of last year. Pretty darn safe I'd say.

-Who really takes a walk in the dark of the very early morning?

-If it was really a targeted hit, would they be more likely to be bludgeoned or shot? Shot.

-There are conflicting reports about the home being ransacked.

-And this:

echkelon.blogspot.com...

WMR also learned from a source familiar with the attack on the Bennetts that they were found by police with either hoods or masks around their heads. A neighbor near the Goose Creek Bridge on Riverside Parkway reported that a white van was parked near where William Bennett's body was found and that around 5:38 am there was a noisy commotion with several people screaming and vehicle doors slamming. The van had reportedly left and returned to the crime scene several times.

There is some informed speculation by law enforcement officials that the Bennetts may have been abducted at another location and they were dropped off at the Goose Creek Bridge later by their assailants, that are now reported to have been at least three individuals. There is also the possibility that more than one white van was involved in the attack in order to throw off investigators. The hoods or masks reported to have been around the Bennetts' heads may also be a clue that their abduction invovled was a tortuous interrogation that saw the Bennetts fight back and that resulted in Mr. Bennett's murder and the attempted murder of hs wife.

- Would professional assassins leave someone alive?

- Would there be three people involved?

Still, I can't get past the great info posted about the embassy bombing. Or that he was a CIA contractor. I'm also wondering about the timing...what issue is blowing up now? Cheney's hit squads? The Economy? And, back to the Chinese - we owe them a hell of a lot of money now, maybe they wanted to get paid in a different way.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrangeJuice
Another? How many of these guys and gals are biting the dust these
days? I've heard about the murdered Scientists on Coast to Coast a while back in the field of BIO, Germ, Chemical and such but never a repeated effort to smother a CIA agent. To me it sounds like a new force is brewing and only the brainwashed are allowed to continue working on upcoming NWO assignments. I can't tell yet whether this is bad guy killing bad a$$ guy or bad guy killing good guy.
Whose on our side.

S & F

When It comes to CIA and covert orgainizations of that level there really is no bad guy or good buy. They are both. We tend to always want to seperate things when everything is connected.

At certain times CIA are good and sometimes they have to play the role of bad guy depending on the orders they are given. ( This is just all my opinion but makes sense to me )

In this case the retired green beret probably new too much from past experiences and maybe there was an order to get rid of all past info on a certain subject by any means necesary in order for the next part of the plan or info to go through.

That is what would scare the # out of my about being in the CIA. The could send you on a mission knowing full well that you won't be coming back because once you do your job, they have already sent one of your own to get rid of you.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Excellent work here, and from a credbile source too

Keep us updated with more information. Will be interesting to see what the officials find. Certainly was some strange behaviour from the two people who were killed and assaulted.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LucidDreamer85

I understand and agree with what you're saying
I'm pondering this agents death too and I believe " he knows what the CIA did last summer". So who are the other dead agents and what embassies or neighborhoods did they bomb? and if we want to know more about the CIA and they're dead alive agents does this make us targets too?

To me the CIA should be compared to Al Qaeda

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Yeah, these two folks were "neutralized." (they're still calling it that right?
) From the neighbors report of how this guy acted, i'd say he knew something like this was coming. Scary stuff, wonder how much more frequently we're going to start seeing stuff like this...

TheAssociate

posted on Apr, 1 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
It could be while , if even at all that Cynthia Bennett will be able to provide details of the gruesomely blunt attack.

NBC 4 mentioned William Bennett's connection to the Chinese Embassy bombing citing their source as " a retired senior intelligence officer " .

Nice thing to bring up when a former CIA contractor lays in the morgue and his wife near death .... if this was a random brutal tragedy , why stick the boot in ?

NBC 4 also divulged that the U.S payed China, $ 28 million in compensation after the Embassy bombing.

There is till apparently CCTV footage from junctions , through which any vehicle would have to pass to get to Riverside Parkway.

NBC4 Video mentioned above.
Link to Pilots for 911 truth forum video is linked at bottom of the thread.
(Don`t think i can link to the video directly here on ATS :puz

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Whats happening at The Hague War Crimes Tribunal at the moment ?

The former chief of Serbia`s Secret Service Jovica Stanisic had a covert relationship with the CIA during the Yugoslav wars , and it is claimed , maintained relations with the Russians /French and Chinese.
Operating as the CIA`s man in Belgrade.

Now the details of this relationship may prove embarrassing if revealed .

Considering that....

Stanisic, who was arrested by Serbian officials in 2003, now faces charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity, including murder, at the Hague tribunal.

Although his trial has been suspended due to his ill health – and judges are currently waiting to receive expert medical reports before deciding how to proceed – he faces a potentially long prison sentence if he is eventually convicted.

This is current news , this extract is from an article dated 20th March 2009.
(linked below)

Bozidar Spasic, a former official in the Yugoslav State Security Service, said he suspected that Stanisic's alleged contacts with the CIA were much closer and more personal than his job required.

Spasic insinuated that Stanisic was actually working for the CIA, rather than just cooperating with it.

Who were Stanisic`s handlers in the CIA ?
Could you still count on a former contractor to keep his mouth shut, if he was connected to this ?

Stanisic assisted CIA operatives in their search for grave sites and also helped the agency set up a network of secret bases in Bosnia, Lofgren reportedly said.

At the same time, according to the Hague indictment, Stanisic was allegedly “setting up death squads for Milosevic that carried out a genocidal campaign” in Croatia and Bosnia, noted the article.

You can`t imagine someone arguing on his behalf " We turned a blind eye to the death squads , cos` he showed us where they buried the bodies" .

According to Mijatovic, Stanisic began making contacts with countries other than Russia at the beginning of 1992, and in the following years, established strong ties not only with the US and Russia, but with the French and Chinese secret services as well.

Well we know that William Bennett operated in this area for the CIA up to 1999 at least.

Was William Bennett one of the CIA handlers , for former chief of Serbia`s Secret Service Jovica Stanisic ?

Stanisic`s links to the CIA are clearly established by the fact that the agency proceeded " to submit a classified document to the court in 2004 “that lists Stanisic's contributions and attests to his helpful role” during the war" .

Zoran Mijatovic , Stanisic`s, former deputy chief of Serbian State Security Service, claims that Stanisic had ties with other Secret Services ..... the Chinese being named among them .

Was the Embassy bombed intentionally acting on information from Stanisic ?
Did Bennett take the rap ?

Mijatovic , claims that Stanisic had clandestine meetings with a CIA agent called William Lofgren from 1992 onwards .

Is there any connection between William Bennett and agent Lofgren ?

The answer to that could result in a bullet to the back of the head

Further Stanisic Spy Revelations
Source~ ICTY - Tribunal Update

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Looks like William Bennett might of been the fall-guy after all .

Nato deliberately bombed the Chinese embassy in Belgrade during the war in Kosovo after discovering it was being used to transmit Yugoslav army communications.

According to senior military and intelligence sources in Europe and the US the Chinese embassy was removed from a prohibited targets list after Nato electronic intelligence (Elint) detected it sending army signals to Milosevic's forces.

The story is confirmed in detail by three other Nato officers - a flight controller operating in Naples, an intelligence officer monitoring Yugoslav radio traffic from Macedonia and a senior headquarters officer in Brussels.

They all confirm that they knew in April that the Chinese embassy was acting as a 'rebro' [rebroadcast] station for the Yugoslav army (VJ) after alliance jets had successfully silenced Milosevic's own transmitters.

The intelligence officer, who was based in Macedonia during the bombing, said: 'Nato had been hunting the radio transmitters in Belgrade. When the President's [Milosevic's] residence was bombed on 23 April, the signals disappeared for 24 hours.

When they came on the air again, we discovered they came from the embassy compound.'

I bet William Bennett was mighty resentful of the CIA after being framed as the patsy in the "accidental" Chinese Embassy bombing. He may of been too much of a liability , as the revelations from the Hague War Crimes Tribunal complete a shadowy picture of CIA actively in the former Yugoslavia .

edit to add link.
The Observer, Sunday 17 October 1999

[edit on 4-4-2009 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   
For what its worth ........an update .

Cynthia Bennett is now able to speak to Loudoun County Sheriffs Investigators ..

Cynthia Bennett, the wife of William Bennett, has been hospitalized since March 22 and was physically unable to speak with investigators until recently.

She still has serious injuries and will need to undergo multiple surgeries, but her condition continues to improve each day.

Investigators said they hoped to interview her further, as her health improves.

The sheriff’s office is now looking for four to five people that they believe were involved in the attack of Cynthia Bennett and the murder of her husband. Each of these individuals has some knowledge of the incident that took place but varying degrees of involvement in the attack and homicide.

Not much of an update , but i would like to see how this "finishes up" .

posted on Apr, 26 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
loudounextra.washingtonpost.com...

Two men with possible gang affiliations have been charged with capital murder and two other suspects are expected to be charged in the beating death of a Loudoun County man during a morning stroll with his wife last month, authorities said yesterday. The attack was a "random robbery gone bad," Loudoun Sheriff Stephen O. Simpson said.

It amuses me how the article ties everything up, even confirming that they found the "nondescript van". How do you do that exactly if you don't have a clear idea of what you are looking for? The authorities refused to name the gang involved. Why not? Also, none of the individuals listed had crimes similar to the violent and targeted nature of this attack.

But let's put lipstick on this pig and call it pretty.

top topics

join