It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Race - The Sun Responsible?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I think I might have found an explanation to how race was created.

If you reverse the birth process of you, and your family, you will go all the way back to your original ancestors. I believe that their location on Earth, and amount of time they spent in that location could have had made slight changes to their dna/genes, and that was passed on through birth.

If you understand the rotation of the Earth, and it's relation to the Sun, and you understand the seasons and its effect on the environment, you will see that different locations on Earth have different energy environments. You will also find that Earth's equator gets more direct sunlight than Earth's poles.

If you also calculate the hidden forces (light and other energy) from stars and other celestial objects, you will see that no two places on Earth have the same exact "celestial energy environment".

I also believe that the location, time, and length of time at the location during conception and birth has an effect on your dna/genes and or other personal traits.

This all makes some sense to me because most people originating closer to the equator have darker skin compared to those who originated closer to the poles of Earth. The equator is warmer, and gets more direct sunlight than the poles, so it seems to me like the skin evolved a sun tan, and it was passed through birth. Other things may have evolved as well.

When I say evolved, I mean "adapted" to the environment, which is proven to exist with many other forms of life.

What I do know, is that we all have 10 fingers, 10 toes, 2 eyes, 2 ears, 1 nose, and 1 mouth, and there is only 0NE way for all of us to share that. We are all unique, but all the same.

Conclusion:

I believe the Sun played a major part in the creation of race. So we all share the same ancestor in a way... the Sun.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   
This is true. The more direct sunlight one is exposed to the more melatonin the body produces and the darker the skin becomes.

When you get down to it there is only one race, the human race, and we're all in it together whether you like that or not.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What about the Inuit who live in northern Canada almost at the North Pole?

These people have been living there for thousands of years and are as dark skinned as people from central America.

Also, if this is the case, why are there not white skinned people in south Africa and south Amercia. Even the most southern of the Americas, close to Antarctica, there is not a native white skinned race.

Why did white people evolve white in lower lattititudes in Europe, when dark skinned people evolved from the north pole, much higher, colder and less sun on average then Europe?

Why were black people only found in Africa? Isn't it just as hot in central Asia, central America ect?

Why were white people only found in Europe? Isn't it just as cold in north Asia, north America ect?

It may be that we evolved elsewhere and were brought/came here thousands of years ago, long enough to forget about it.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by breakingdradles]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

I was going to say, "isn't this common knowledge?"

Then I read your post. Interesting.

I've always thought that perhaps "WHITE" people are not native to this planet.

But.. there is this thing about us all having the same blood, (differences in type.. oh wait...).

We do have all the same organs though.

Interesting topic.

NOTE: Aren't brown eyes very common in humanity?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Just a thought:

The dark skin of natives of both the north and south extremities may be due to the increased reflectiveness the ice has to the sun's rays. Solar radiation hits the ice and is reflected onto the native- thus altering DNA. In the same way a lack of surface relectiveness produces less melatonin in the skin, such is evident in temperate Europe and other locations.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FullMechaPilot!

Good point.

So only those not near the equator, and not near the poles would be effected(sp?) by the sunlight. Which means Europe, Middle Russia, North America would produce lighter skins. But South, between equator and pole as well? That may be a different matter though, as we are unsure about exactly how different the north and south poles are.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Race serves a karmic purpose. Bodies are different. They are particularly suitable to the needs of the incarnation. Likely a slave owner reincarnates in the body type of the slave and visa versa. The peculiar mix of culture, body, beliefs, etc. are packaged for the expression of desires whether it is to be the bully, the victim or many other inclinations that need to be expressed and experienced. Life forms are introduced and become extinct depending on the karmic needs of the moment.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I don't think it is just about sunlight energy, but all types of energy that are also effected by the sun, and celestial objects.

Maybe sunlight mixed with cold has similar effects as sunlight mixed with warmth. Or maybe no sunlight mixed with cold is some how different from no sunlight with warm environment.

Does that make sense?

Also I had the same opinion as FullMechaPilot! about the reflection of light from white reflective snow and ice. I used to ski and snowboard back in the day and the snow and ice could blind you and sun burn you on a bright day.

Also what could have an effect, is their life style. Did they spend time indoors, or outdoors?

There is a lot of reasons... the one main one I think is that families in the past didn't use to just stay in one place. I believe they settled from one place to the next. They did this so that plants and animals would naturally regenerate at home while they were gone, and they would live off of their new home until sources ran low, then they would move back to their original home, and everything would be like new again.

There are a ton of things to add to the equation, but in the end, the answer is still the same... Our environment created race.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
So I guess if there's only one human race than I guess this means evolution doesn't exist .
Ok and if evolution DOSE exist, but race doesn't , all people are some how the same .

[edit on 30-3-2009 by OpusMarkII]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OpusMarkII

There is a fine line between evolution and adaptation.

Example being a chameleon.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

A cousin of mine was born with 12 fingers and 12 toes. His parents decided to cut them off as he got older. It was just like any other hand/foot, except with six fingers/toes. The sixth finger/toe was proportionate to the pinkie finger/toe, just 1cm shorter. What was also weird is when he turned 14 his fingers and toes tried growing back.

[edit on 30-3-2009 by Gouki]

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gouki

That shows that it IS possible for outside energy sources to effect your dna/genes.

Right?

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Are you suggesting the sun is a racist?

Second line for the overlords!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
reply to post by Gouki

That shows that it IS possible for outside energy sources to effect your dna/genes.

Right?

Heres an interesting site which discusses the origins of man, or a guess more appropriately woman youll see what i mean. Its interesting it suggest 2 migrations from africa and every human on the planet comes from a woman 144000 years ago. So in effect were all still related but like any brothers and sisters cant seem to get along!

Genetic and Human Migration Patterns

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gouki

I wish they hadn't done that.

I understand why they did it, but still, it only contributes to the stagnation of our gene pool.

"What is unique in the universe is valuable" -- Farscape(telivision series)

I think that variation is what keeps humanity interesting, and any 'unnatural' steps to keep things 'natural' only makes things more unnatural. The good thing is that your cousin can reproduce, which could make things more interesting.

I wish people would understand that life has a WAY about it. Maybe then they would understand that 'normal' is the same as 'abnormal' if you enforce 'normal.'

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sun accounts for one dimension of the racial phenotypical differences -- Other factors such as nutrition/diet, alternative enviornmental exposures, and physical activities account for the other differences that we observe between races.

Spontaneous mutations which occur in isolated populations also account for some racial differences.

You haven't discovered/theorized anything 'new' to science, its basic anthropology, and the theories have been established long ago.

Not only does sunlight account for genetic differences in human populations, but the moon also plays a role in our circadian rythms - And ultimately biological rythms -/hormonal functions and processes.

The characteristic 'blue-eyes' of many caucasoids also illustrates the effects of sunlight exposure...

Sunlight causes the iris to produce melanin; lack of exposure to sunlight would catalyze a mutation, leading to blue eyes. Many of the other colors are achieved through incomplete dominance of traits.

'White Skin' is also able to retain more heat than its counter-part, 'Black Skin'. This is because 'White Skin' is the product of deficient sun exposure, so its more effcient in its use of sunlight due to the relatively scarcity of it, with respect to the enviornmental context -i.e. Colder, more northern climate-

[edit on 31-3-2009 by ChronMan]

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
What about race specific diseases? ie siklecell sp?

Also, I've read about us being able to create diseases that only effect one race and how we can tell someones race from their DNA.

This would not be possible if we were identical on the inside!

posted on Apr, 2 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by breakingdradles

These people have been living there for thousands of years and are as dark skinned as people from central America.

While I can see your logic, I have to let you know that there is actually an incredible amount of sunlight up there during the summer... in fact, there are times at which there simply is no night-time.

With the incredible cold at the poles, there is rarely any cloud cover. This combined with the fact that the sun is always at an angle means anything on the surface will receive more direct sunlight than most other places in the summer months.

The reason it doesn't all melt, is because 1: the sun is at an angle to the ground, 2: Ice and snow reflects the heat back out, 3: With no cloud cover, nothing traps the heat in.

Next to none of the energy from the sun becomes ambient heat... it's all lost after it bounces off the surface. But anything on the surface that doesn't reflect heat, receives a good dose of direct solar radiation.

Basically, without goggles, you'll go snow-blind from excessive light.

Having been pretty far north myself, the best way to describe it is:
It's like standing on a block of ice with a hot spotlight incessantly blinding you.

It's hard to understand how these two extremes can exist in the same place until you experience it first hand.

Not pleasant... but you do get a good scorching.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Originally posted by breakingdradles

While I can see your logic, I have to let you know that there is actually an incredible amount of sunlight up there during the summer... in fact, there are times at which there simply is no night-time.

With the incredible cold at the poles, there is rarely any cloud cover. This combined with the fact that the sun is always at an angle means anything on the surface will receive more direct sunlight than most other places in the summer months.

The reason it doesn't all melt, is because 1: the sun is at an angle to the ground, 2: Ice and snow reflects the heat back out, 3: With no cloud cover, nothing traps the heat in.

Next to none of the energy from the sun becomes ambient heat... it's all lost after it bounces off the surface. But anything on the surface that doesn't reflect heat, receives a good dose of direct solar radiation.

Basically, without goggles, you'll go snow-blind from excessive light.

Having been pretty far north myself, the best way to describe it is:
It's like standing on a block of ice with a hot spotlight incessantly blinding you.

It's hard to understand how these two extremes can exist in the same place until you experience it first hand.

Not pleasant... but you do get a good scorching.

[edit on 2-4-2009 by johnsky]

I get that, but why then aren't there any native white people in the Americas?

They stretch from pole to pole, yet no white people?

Were they in the wrong hemisphere lol?

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
I think that has more to do with their origins rather than their location.

But hey, I'm just a robotics eng.tech. Not a biologist. Not my field, I could have drawn the logic lines wrong.

[edit on 4-4-2009 by johnsky]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join