It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tourism in Nevada: Data about roads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Hello everybody, I found a website about Nevada highways and other countries. I find it interesting, as most people need maps and GPS not to miss in the Lincoln Country roads. For people who love to travel to so beautiful and mysterious remote places as the Tonopah Test Range and Groom Lake, these information that displayed on this website will help.

Besides from visiting the TTR and Groom, you can to do some sightseeing in towns like Alamo, Rachel, Ash Springs (most of these populated are desert-like, but the views are incredible). Well, the RockyMountains website shows what type of exits take by freeway. To make such a trip must be well equipped. Not only have the petrol tank full, we must take some food, fryer portable, money (pivotal) and go accompanied with two or three friends or relatives.

372 paved highway is very beautiful, riding a car on this road has to be within your tourism program in Nevada. I don't know about if there is a restaurant or gas station on route 372, for as it would be nice obtain some good pictures of that place. Tikaboo Peak is without doubt the best place to see Area 51. I have never gone to Tikaboo, but I would love to be at the top of the hill to see the high-tech aircraft that used Skunk Works and other companies. In this forum there are people with more experience in going to such places. For you, Alamo is a good place to visit, to see the white bus and some cars from the camo dudes?

I think that to make a trip of this characteristics, we must go when the weather is nice, especially in summer. But it can be very tiring, because of the months of July and August the temperature is about 40 degrees and can be unbearable. Water is absolutely essential and a hat.

Here I leave with you the link to the RockyMountains website:

www.rockymountainroads.com...

Ash Springs is wonderful, the Fields that have are beautiful, has a natural area in the middle of the desert covered with ferns very nice. Camping at this location with your family and friends would be a good idea.

ashspringsnv.com...

Ash Springs Maps and roads: ashspringsnv.com...

Alamo: www.lincolncountynevada.com...

[edit on 27-3-2009 by Groomforce]

join