It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul, "Bernanke is praying to destroy the wealth of savers."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This is a great interview!

That's right...Bernanke is planning on inflating our currency to try and cover our debt...which is the way it's always been done...this time it will probably be to much.

Ron Paul's biggest worry: LOSS OF LIBERTY
As the reporter says in this..."You always seem to be logical."

Too bad he's one of the few in Washington who has any logic.

The quote from the title is at 7:00

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Savers? What savers?

99.999999% of people, companies, and government entitites are drowning in debt.

Besides myself and maybe you, I think I might have met one or two other savers sometime in the past, but it was so long ago I can hardly remember....

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

I've actually saved money. It hasn't been all that easy..but I have. Many people are now trying to save money and pay off debts. This is what he's referring to.

Inflation WILL hurt anyone's savings..heck it will hurt everyone.

This is the point he is making. He is destroying wealth by devaluing the dollar to help pay off debt.

He's killing the dollar...and he knows it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
I've made a renewed commitment to start saving money. Although it maybe worhtless, it's a nice hobby to have. It's actually amazing that after a while I've actually developed an outright aversion to spending money if it's not on food or other essentials. I don't think it's because I'm wanting to save so I have more of it, it's due that I can't stand the system the money represents and I want to involve myself as little in the process as i can. I do consider myself forunate in these times, at this time and I no wa take for granted my particular situation. I certianly don't go out and spend money on frivolus things.

In the long run I think Ron Paul's message will outlast Bernacke's and the Obama administration of "just spend" message. We're living in the twilight zone and IMO Ron Paul is only sane voice in gov't.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Ron Paul is the only person who gives me any sort of hope that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Call me a domestic terrorist, but I would follow Dr. Paul to the gates of hell.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I think we are wakingmind. I know I try to wake people up at work. I even engage in such "terroristic" activities such as passing out Freedom to Fascism. I'm in complete agreement that I would follow him into the gates of hell.

Did any of you see that shamefull interview tonight on Campbell Brown? It was about pot being legalized. Dr. Paul was on the side of being for it and some other guy was against it. Dr. Paul couldn't get in a word edgewise. Rightfully so, he didnt' even thank her and stripped off his mic while still on camera. No bull, no bias my ass. It should be called "All bull, All bias"

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

He's killing the dollar...and he knows it.

Oh, that is absolutely true. There is no doubt about it. The best way to enslave people is to take away their independence, and make them totally dependent upon you, for everything.

Let's look at how that is being accomplished by the new administration:

1.) As you've posted, inflating the dollar

2.)H.R. 875 -which will make people completely reliant for food on Monsanto and their stooges in Congress and the Administration.

3.)The Patriot Act- which takes away basic freedoms guaranteed by the Bill of Rights

4.)The government takeover of US Banks, which means that the government will decide who can get loans.

5.)HR1388-HR1444- which will create a slave civilian force to do whatever the government wants.

6.)The Supreme Court decision which expanded the definition of eminent domain invocation to include taking over land to build corporate and government buildings that bring in more capital.

I could go on, but all you have to do, is look at the bills rammed through Congress lately to see that every one of them will result in a rush to slavery of the American people.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Start buying non-perishable food now. Look for sales, stock up. Try to get canned goods that have a 3 year shelf life. Stock up on non-GM seeds that have a germination life of 5 years or longer. In fact, if you follow some simple rules, you can store seeds for decades that will still be viable. Here is a site that shows you how:

cheapveggieseeds.com...

Avoid being a slave. Become as independent as you can. Have a plan.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

I was reading the comments on the campaign for liberty website. They sounded pretty angry.

I guess they were just trying to beat him down on with the drug war and would barely let him speak.

I'm hoping it will be posted on youtube soon.

It's funny how everyone crams fox for bias...which there is...but then ignore things like this.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

How awesome is it to hear someone speaking the thuth!!!
Applause!!!

reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Kudos! Applause!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
It was a complete Farce David. My respect for Dr. Paul shot up though. He never interuppted the other speaker who's name escapes me at the moment. At one point Dr. Paul stated that he wasn't going to talk over someone and appeared the most frustrated I've ever seen him. Let's put it this way, O'reiley shows his guests who he doesn't agree with more respect in the whole talking over your guest aspect.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

Well that's saying alot...i've seen an interview with O'Reilly where he basically treated Ron Paul like trash...its an older interview...but still.

If this was worse than that...then I have to see it.

I've watched her show before...and i didn't think she was that terrible. She at least would bring up opposing view points.

Hopefully it's posted soon.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Dr. Paul has been on a roll here lately with his interviews as evidenced by the first video in this thread. At least some news outlets are slowly starting to catch on to his message, but this made me feel like we were back in the election and Dr. Paul was being made out to be a kook/crazy man. It really made me mad how he was treated. To be fair though, the first part was pretty good where he got to talk but as soon as the other guy got to talk it went downhill from there.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

If i were him i'd refuse to go on the show again if asked too. Other shows on CNN seem to be much more fair and let him speak..often times they agree with him.

He's making the rounds though. He's been all over the place lately..which is a good thing.

More people need to know about what the fed is doing. I only wish more were speaking out against it.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It is difficult to be one of the few voices speaking out against the fed and championing personal liberty and freedom. If this country is to be destroyed which on the road it's currently on and been on that's about the only concluson I see happening barrng something extraordinary. Which if that's how it's going to be then fine. Just don't expect me to sit here and say "Well, what can you do?" and throw my hands up. I'd rather go down sticking to my convictions than just blindly going on with the system.

I don't even really stress about it too much, cause I know where I stand. I wrote an essay the other night at the campaign for liberty website about this subject:

www.campaignforliberty.com...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
This is interesting also in light of some recent news:

Dollar dips on Geithner’s ‘loose talk’

The dollar fell briefly on Wednesday after Tim Geithner, the Treasury secretary, appeared to suggest that the US was open to exploring a Chinese proposal to reduce reliance on the dollar as the world’s reserve currency.

Mr Geithner told the Council for Foreign Relations that he had not studied the proposal by Zhou Xiaochuan, Chinese central bank governor, for greater use of special drawing rights – a synthetic currency maintained by the International Monetary Fund that represents a basket of actual currencies – in global reserves, but added: “We are quite open to that.”

More at source:
www.ft.com...

Another article on the same topic I can't find stressed how "taken aback" the world's markets were by this remark. It flies in the face of all logic that the US would even consider giving up its reserve position...that is, until you start considering things from the angle that maybe the people in charge of the US actually WANT to destroy the dollar. This is the so-called "drowning the beast" that George Bush mumbled about when he made one of his many jaw-dropping-but-soon forgotten comments...this one to the effect that the idea was to deliberately break the back of the US economy and govt.

This makes no sense to "sane" and "rational" people operating under mainstream assumptions...why would the leaders of the US want to destroy the dollar or the gov't? But it starts making a lot more sense when you look at it from the angle of these people not being "Americans" at all in any meaningfuls sense, and instead being GLOBALISTS who are out to create a NEW WORLD ORDER, with all the juicy one-world-gov't stuff we fringe-dwellers wallow in. Its interesting to me every time some public figure lets the mask slip a bit, confirming this angle more and more...

Depending on how "deep into the pudding" you want to go, this could mean these people are planning anything along the spectrum from a "mere" one-world govt. to the classic conspiracy vision of the illuminati/depopulation agenda/"rack 'em and 'stack 'em" total global control/survalience society.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kords21

That was a good read Kord. Nice job.

Today i bought some foamboard to make a few signs. I'm not sure what i'm going to put on them yet...although i do have some ideas.

I've been thinking about going to the busiest intersection in the town a live in...which is medium sized....and just standing out there by myself..holding up a few signs...and hopefully wake up some people.

I'm tired of seeing everything falling apart and not doing anything to stop it or watching as others don't realize what is happening to their country.

Hopefully I can work up the courage to do it..i'm a shy person...although it may not show here on ATS.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
One person at a time, that's what I try to do...family, friends, people at work..I'm at work right now and before the end of the day I'll be showing this to everyone here..they're pretty used to it lol

At least now people don't roll their eyes and sigh like they used to.

Unfortunately its not that people don't agree, its the overwhelming feeling that there is nothing we can do about it.

I think its pretty clear that the majority wants change like Ron Paul has to offer. But we all remember what happened when he was clearly winning the Presidential debates; access denied.

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
savers can refer to anyone who saves money in U.S dollar's wether it be a 401k ...CD's........Bank account ....mattress......etc

people i think should understand that all the girations that occur WHILE the U.S has the reserve currency status should not be taken for granted that when THE U.S dollar loses that status.....what goes down....will NOT go back up.........now i don't think the dollar will "collapse"....(although who knows) it could lose half it's value.......JUST LIKE STOCKS DID earlier.....heck the dollar could maintain World res. curr. status and still lose 50 percent or more ....should G20 decide to simultainiously devalue currency's against gold

BERNANKE knows that we need to bring out debt down to a level that is reasonable....... ......we can either allow bad debts to be written off or be forgiven ........or devalue the currency (which makes debts appear smaller)..........an agreement to restructure the Bretton woods accord or for China to expand the yuan's role could give bring the dollar down considerably but in a controlled fashion ......dollar halves......gold doubles.....imported goods rise.......(now i don't know that china would do that to it's biggest export market ......) so major G20 country's currency's COULD ALL DECIDE to devalue their currency's against gold by a certain percent which would be = to reducing % of debt overhang........saver's would see their PAPER holding's devalued (there might be some form of compensation or not).....and gold would go up between 2 and 10 times multiples......

.the insider's would have shfted their money from treasury's to HARD ASSETS THAT will reprice upwards..(after the devaluation)...the fed buying treasury's may provide cover for some big players exiting the treasury market and doing just that.

[edit on 27-3-2009 by cpdaman]

join