It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top 5 Obama List

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
This is a thread intended to discuss the striking and overwhelming ridiculousness to some of the tactics used by the far right in attempts to squash Barack Obama and other "foot in the mouth" events over the past year or so.

I limited it to 5 because there arent enough characters in the post limit to list them all. 5 is a good number, and picks the 5 worst of them all. (according to my opinions that is)

Disclaimer: Barack Obama is a politician. I do not take his word for gospel, i do question some things he does, and do not think he's perfect. However, there are people out there (and in here unfortunately) that feel so much hatred towards the man (for one reason or another) that they have to invent falsehoods in order to make Obama look bad.

#5: Fox News Pundit wishes for Obama assassination ...i mean wow. Fox News is always pushing the boundary, but this crosses that line from "just politics" To "pure hatred" Even if you disagree with the man, he's still a man. Why wish him death?

#4: Obama actually was sworn in on the Koran First off, this is ridiculous, we all know it was the Lincoln Bible. Second off, in a country that touts freedom of religion, a lot of these far right whacko's sure have a problem with Islam.

#3: Barack Obama is the Antichrist For a figure that does not exist - ever - in the Christian Bible - these far right loons sure buy into this myth hook line and sinker. I've heard 7 completely different renditions of the "antichrist" so far from these fear-mongers, and not a single one of them can't be tied to a billion other people on this planet.

#2: Obama is a secret Muslim *sigh* 2 things wrong here: #1 - you can't be a muslim and denounce your faith. By the characteristics of the faith, if you were to denounce it, you're damned (same with Christianity) #2 - Lets pretend he is muslim. So what? Again, why do the far right whacko's fear Islam? It's just a religion. Timmothy Mcveigh was a Christian, does that mean Jesus is spooky?

#1:

My favorite, because it kills two birds with one stone:
1: It shows the significant lack of integrity from Fox News that we've all come to expect.
2: It shows the complete stupidity of some of the more extreme obama detractors.

But how so?

Well, #1: If Fox News is "fair and balanced" like they claim to be, then they would have done their research before spouting off their mouths on live television and found this (in that little thing we call the constitution)

Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.
source

But of course we know this, primarily because the other news networks did the footwork FOR fox news and called them on their stupidity.

And another fox news error?
Pundits were going wild when it "seemed" Obama messed up the oath...but anyone with a computer can look up the oath and see:

It was Justice Roberts who got the oath wrong, Barack Obama corrected him.

Oh, but let's not televise an apology for stupidity. Let's just move on.

And #2: It goes to prove the HATRED some of these people have for the man. They create lies and surround those lies with more lies, and hope there are enough people who will eat it up.

Unforgivably in this country, there are a lot of those people.

But....on a positive note, there are even more people who care enough to think for themselves and that proof is in the numbers:

Barack Hussein Obama: 66,882,230 (53%)
John Sidney McCain: 58,343,671 (46%)

But what does the far right say about that?
Source

Lewis called this a "cultural phenomenon" and "almost a manifestation of what Shelby Steele calls 'white guilt.' " He then professed to speak to the thought processes of those guilty, gullible Obama voters: " '[L]ook how tolerant I am'; '[L]ook how hip I am.' And so it became this sort of, you know, edition -- political edition of American Idol -- instead of the seriousness of a political campaign. "

So....when someone votes for a republican, it's because their serious and intelligent.

But if they vote for Barack Obama....they're gullible and stupid?

Then i guess the majority of this country is just a bunch of mindless drooling idiots who can't think for themselves and vote because the devil box tells them to.

Wow...with an attitude like that from the GOP - no wonder they lost by a landslide.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Fremd]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Now, this is political baiting if I've ever seen it. :shk:

And, the point of this thread is what??? Discuss the man's policies or lack thereof. Don't rehash things that have been discussed to death on ATS in the past. It does nothing but bring out the worst in everyone.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Now, this is political baiting if I've ever seen it. :shk:

And, the point of this thread is what??? Discuss the man's policies or lack thereof. Don't rehash things that have been discussed to death on ATS in the past. It does nothing but bring out the worst in everyone.

Hmm, i seen nothing in the TOS that would suggest this type of post does not belong in a political forum...

but yeah, you're quite the example of following the terms with your off topic post....

on topic:

Got anything to add?

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Well for one, very few people on this forum would disagree with you about Fox News. You're using a big part of Fox News as your evidence of "Obama Bashing". I don't think anyone here will defend "Faux News" too diligently.

The biggest problem a lot of us here have with Obama is that he is in bed with the "elites" just like our last few presidents.

This is NOT the change we were hoping for, however it was nonetheless expected.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Fremd

"Then i guess the majority of this country is just a bunch of mindless drooling idiots who can't think for themselves and vote because the devil box tells them to. "

Well that is how I feel about 70%, if not 80%, of the US population. Probably the world population. It has nothing to do with right and left, liberal and conservative, republican or democrat. The president is just the front man, a face to love or hate. Until we the people stop the international banking elite that run the USA and the World we will never have a political system that is anything more than a Soap Opera! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
For every far right loon, there is a far left loon. The same type of people made similar claims of Bush, in that they were equally radical and out of line. Don't categorize all the conservatives as a whole by this ignorant way of thinking. It is however as obvious as the sky is blue that Obama has an agenda and he plans on seeing it accomplished, whether that has to do with the "change" everyone wants or not. If you deny this, *snip*

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 21-4-2009 by GAOTU789]

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Im not far right and i think Obama is going to send both America and the world to hell in a hand basket...course its not really obama its the people telling him what to say and do.He's not just a liar he's a coward.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
A president -- ANY president, probably EVERY President -- is going to get flack from a significant sector of the population. I think it's possible that some of the rediculous things posed against President Obama were done so by supporters of his, in an attempt to widen the gulf between the left and the right.

There have been things said about every president -- since I've been voting -- that I didn't care for. They will be lampooned on radio and TV programs, be the butt of talk-show jokes, political cartoons, etc. etc. We may have been more willing to believe every scrap of negativity about Bush that surfaced, but that doesn't make all of it so, any more than those things that surface about President Obama. We just have to do the research ourselves, express ideas as our opinions, rather than facts.

I wasn't an Obama supporter, but now that he has been elected by the people as President, I do support him; The fabric and solidity of the United States, and perhaps the planet, depends upon what this man does.

I don't think, however, that that burdon exempts him from the slings and arrows that all Presidents endure.

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
too bad you couldn't add all the ridiculousness regarding his birth certificate and someone who recently tried to accuse president obama that he's actually osama bin laden which i think was an actual thread here at ATS some time back to your list.
the actual politician who did the oath on the koran is keith ellison(D-)Minnesota, the first muslim elected to congress. but, i guess the republicans decided to switch the two men and hope no one noticed.
the conservative party engages in inane nitpicking, hypocrisy, employ selective memory, appear to have no true leader, and is imploding.
one pundit even described the president and first lady as trash.
there are worse characterizations used to describe the first family but, i won't repeat them out of respect.
i can remember a time if an american citizen dared to question or protest the president's policies, they were deemed traitors and unamerican.
the republicans want it both ways.
their daily quibbles with the president are amusing and sometimes downright hilarious.

[edit on 3/26/2009 by heather65]

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fremd

Barack Hussein Obama: 66,882,230 (53%)
John Sidney McCain: 58,343,671 (46%)

But what does the far right say about that?

I say that 58 million people voted against Mr. Obama, and the way he is going he will only serve one term.

posted on Apr, 21 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

Just as a 'simple majority' of Americans voted against George W. Bush in 2000. But, alas, the Electoral College (and five Supremes) said otherwise....

top topics

join