It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Geithner Suggest's New International Reserve Currency

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I don't even know what to say or how to comment on this, but we all knew it would happen sooner or later.

Geithner asking China? WTF! Now I know we are in trouble.

As if the dollar didn't have enough problems, Timothy Geithner took China's bait yesterday and said he was "quite open" to its suggestion this week to displace the greenback with an "international reserve currency." The dollar promptly fell and stocks followed, before the Treasury Secretary re-emerged to say "the dollar remains the world's dominant reserve currency. I think that's likely to continue for a long time."

International Reserve Currency

[edit on 25-3-2009 by Realtruth]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   
The world isn't stagnant,the worlds markets aren't either.They are talking about a new reserve currency to replace the dollar...it was bound to happen,i dont know why you are so shocked.Did you think the dollar would have a thousand year reign as the reserve currency or something? anyway i still wouldn't be too sure it will happen,but if it did big deal.Things change.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
OMG.... we are surrounded by traitors...
They really gonna bring Amero in.

It took them decades but they ruined USA.
Sad, truly sad.

If Geithner is "open" to it, then I guess it's a done deal.
Who would imagine...

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

If found that somehow disturbing, since Geithner said so.

Chinese, Putin could say that, but Geithner....

The idea of an international currency might not be bad for the rest of the world, for the US it is a fall of the grenback.

The US dollar is the reserve currency of the world and geithner's comment was a death sentence over is own monney.

Being the reserve currency gave US a tremendous advantage, and Mr geithner is willing to loose it.

He is willing to let that happen because; it's a NWO thing, or because the USD is already toasted.

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by eventHorizon

Decades? I thought they took care of it about 100 years ago in 1913

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yep, this was all orchestrated and done by design. This is exactly what these megalomaniacs have wanted all along. One world currency, one world government, absolute control over the populaces. They're not even trying to hide what they're up to anymore...

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
World reserve currency totally controlled by a very small handful of old, racist, super-evil white guys = BAD

World reserve currency controlled by a group that has fair representation from China, Russia, Japan, India, Brazil etc as well as the Western oligarchs = GOOD

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective
Yep, this was all orchestrated and done by design. This is exactly what these megalomaniacs have wanted all along. One world currency, one world government, absolute control over the populaces. They're not even trying to hide what they're up to anymore...

they don't even need to hide it anymore,

they have the shield of "fear" and "hope" those are two of the main things i come up against trying to wake people up.

they don't want to believe cause they have "hope" for tomorrow, and they "fear" a world without hope, but they don't understand by letting these things go by without challenge gives us no "hope"

WAKE UP!

posted on Mar, 26 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Did you actually read the article? where did it say a one world currency? could you show me the quote.. they are *thinking* of changing the reserve currency for petes sake.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
That is what the article is basically saying if you read between the lines.

They are asking for China's approval, which is scary. Yes the feds are asking China.

Put the pieces of the puzzle together and it spells one world currency or something very close.

If the dollar collapses, then what? What will be used as the world reserve currency.

Will the whole world collapse, what will replace the current financial system and money?

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Did you actually read the article? where did it say a one world currency? could you show me the quote.. they are *thinking* of changing the reserve currency for petes sake.

[edit on 26-3-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 27 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by eventHorizon
OMG.... we are surrounded by traitors...
They really gonna bring Amero in.

It took them decades but they ruined USA.
Sad, truly sad.

If Geithner is "open" to it, then I guess it's a done deal.
Who would imagine...

It appears it won't be the Amero, they are skipping that step
this is a Global Currency and it is likely to be the SDR founded
in 1969 for the IMF.

SDR to replace Dollar as Global Reserve Currency

Alot of ppl do not understand the implications.

The week that Geithner did this the dollar dropped more in one
week than it had in any week in the past 24 years.

US dollar drops due to Geithner comments

This happened just because they discussed it.

When it happens and all the oil in the world is no longer traded
in dollars it is over for the US on a grand scale.

Russia, China and a few other countries have been pushing for this,
and this will be the Coup de grâce, the already limping and dying
currency will be put out of its misery.

Tangible goods will be all the matters, like food, water, shelter, etc.

The US will have to buy SDR's to buy anything on the world market
adding another layer of inflation and fees on top of what we pay.

Good Luck to you all !

top topics

join