It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP Jade Goody

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I have been reading a few of the posts for "saving Jade Goody - humanitarian appeal". Some of the posts have been full of empathy for Jade's situation and some have been somewhat less caring. At this moment in time, I think it is extremely sad that two little boys have lost their mum, not just on any day but on Mother's day. It changes Mother's day forever for them. I lost my Dad at Christmas and every Christmas now is difficult.
Jade became famous initially from Big Brother, she made a career out of being unintelligent. She made mistakes along the way but she did not deserve this. I truly hope that she is free from pain now.

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
The whole thing really put reality tv into a new light.

She made it openly clear that the reason she decided to die in front of the cameras was for two reasons: one being for the money to make sure her sons will have the education she never had and two being to raise awareness and have the age of an annual pap smear in britain changed from 25 to 20.
Even with such a terrible situation to face-she has probably saved hundreds of lives in the process.
Every Cancer patient cannot be on national tv or newspapers but they are all as strong as Jade as they face their battle.
Regardless of what you thought of her-one cannot deny she showed incredible zest for life and bravery and now she is at finally home.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I think it's a sad situation but however similar to the octomum story, jade is just milking the public for her own wants and desires, given that shes been in the public lime light for a number of years since her appearence on big brother and has quite clearly made plenty of money as a result of this and other ventures afterwards i find it an insult to the general populus of the world that she can ferry her self around on the back of the MSM and the general public to support her and her family after shes gone, if she had any morals in the first place she should have put money aside for her family, her needs, her wants and desires but instead its been squandered on crap no doubt and now shes a "charity" case.

I wouldn't mind so much but you don't see joe the plumber of mary the cake decorator getting the lime light on TV becasue they have cancer and need to make ends meat for their family, no, they wouldn't even get a look in through the door.

Shes a celebrity and milking it through to the last moment of her life, theres plenty more going on in this world which we should be pumping our money and efforts into, people die of cancer every day and they simply don't get the support that Jade is getting, why should she get this support when prior to this current situation shes in she had done nothing but been an idiot, racist, money grabbing, disrespectful, distasteful and more.

I'm not trying to say that she doesnt have cancer or that she isnt going to die (or has died as i havent seen the news of late), but what i am saying is why does she deserve the media attention that she is getting over the matter when thousands of people world wide dont get a look through the door.

We've gotta stop being celebrity whores as matters such as this draw our attention away from the crises of the real world.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Boomer the dog

Who remembers my Mum, who died of cancer in 1994 ? Who remembers my Grandma who died a year later ?

No-one, apart from me, my Brother and a few family members. We won't have either around this afternoon for a nice meal, no little presents to buy for them, no flowers, no nothing. All we've got are yellowing photographs in a box, some VHS recordings and a few favourite little things we kept when we broke up their homes.

Why should we all feel sorry for Jade's family when, frankly, no-one cares about our grief ? I don't understand it.

We must all know someone who's lost their Mum & who on Mother's Day must be feeling a bit sad. Make their day, get off ATS and go pay them a visit, it'd be so much appreciated. Better that than posting faux sympathies for someone you've never known and never met.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

I feel if it was such a concern to her then she should have done this via the MSM without having cancer her self as the start motor to her "effort".

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
To be honest, I'll confess, I will struggle to show empathy towards this given situation. Sorry to sound dissolute and some what lacking empathy, but the whole media circus was an insult to those who've died of cancer.

As for "Jade's legacy", give me a break. The poor girl was exploited by the British media due to low intelligence and lack of education - even humiliated. Being diagnosed, live on Indian Big Brother, was tasteless and obviously preplanned in order to the remove the "Jade the racist" depiction.

Max Clifford should hang his head in shame. His egotist, nihilistic and neurotic approach to her cancer was disgusting. I shall leave my castigation, torturous words of antipathy vacant from this thread - Mr Clifford isn't worth the bandwidth.

Instead, I shall raise a glass in the memory of the brave solider who died a few days ago in Afghanistan instead. A more honest and worthy legacy to this nation.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Good Lord. The Prime Minister released a press statement...

...our soldiers get two lines at Parliament.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer the dog

I have been reading a few of the posts for "saving Jade Goody - humanitarian appeal". Some of the posts have been full of empathy for Jade's situation and some have been somewhat less caring.

I think you find that those people were actually "somewhat less caring" about the tawdry spectacle that was being made of her cancer. Many, of the people who were "somewhat less caring" actually had empathy regarding cancer-suffering as many had lost immediate family to one form of cancer or another.

This, and another thread that has appeared since, has endeavoured to create strawmen with this by claiming that people on the original 'Jade Goody' thread have said things they didn't. Isn't this site supposed to be about 'denying ignorance' as opposed to 'spreading lies and half-truths?'.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
personally i couldnt care less about her, her kids are fine they have enough money know they will never have to work and im sure when they are older they will use their mothers death for publicity just the same way she has used her illness.

what about real people who suffer dont get the medication she did they didnt get a million pound wedding with a free dress from harrods.
they carry on wroking until there dying day and remorgage their houses so they can afford a drug so they can have a few more weeks with their children, the same children that are expected to just get on with it when mummy or daddy dies.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I'm still completely shocked my the lack of compassion over this woman's illness and death. I'm not going to repeat all my posts from the other thread about her, cos I'm sure they're not read the way I intend them to be, but I just want to add that my heart goes out to her and her family.

Her message is still important, and yes she did have the cash to get the drugs that most cancer sufferers can't afford, but the whole damn point of her making it so public is to help other people avoid this experience completely if they can, by having earlier testing. Maybe it's a good idea to stop focusing on the money, her lack of education, her BB career, and look at what she did that was genuinely useful.

Acutally, Kerrichin, I think it's quite appalling that you assume that her sons will use their mothers death in the future for "publicity". Not nice.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't want to sound nasty....but..I couldn't care less, I woke to the news from my dad and he looked upset, why? he never met her, and I'm sure if he did he wouldn't feel the way he does, what this is is someone living by the camera and dying by it, why does it have to be some publicity stunt which as I see since her appearance on TV has been her hole life, all you celebrity obsessed people will have to find a new target to harass,

Jade Goody couldn't give a chuff about you that's why she wants money for her kids and not cancer research

[edit on 22-3-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
pleas ethe wathese so called celebratyies are going yes thats what the sons will do.

take x ffactor the only way anyone gets in is because of sob stories.

im sure her children will make plenty with ok, hello, closer..... the list goes on.

there not the first children to lose a family member to an illness and wont be the last at least they have the cash to survive

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by kerrichin

First of all, try learning to spell and make you comments coherent,, and then they might stand more chance of being taken on board.

You know what, Jade isnt the only person to get cancer.
She wont be the last.
I am sure there are people on here with it, or family members very sick and in dire trouble.

Every one of them deserves empathy, a kind word, compassion. Money. Drugs.

For those of you who harp on about her being a reality tv celeb, milking publicity etc etc
Those of you who bleat,,,, no one gave coverage to my Mum, dad, gran etc etc.

You dont understand.... and there is no point explaining it to you.

If she wanted to play out her death in public, it was her choice.

And those of you who dare to say anything detrimental about her 2 little boys,,,, well Im not going to waste my fingers typing a response to you.

My conclusion about some posters on ATS is this:

Cynical, jealous, lack compassion, paranoid, lack empathy, lack basic humantarian feelings, chips on their soldiers, nasty....
I could go on........

So behalf of all of us on here, who actually understood ,,, and arent caught up in all the "" what about me" syndrome, and saw Jade only as a young woman,,,,,)... dying, frightened,,,, trying to make choices,,,,

I would just like to say.... Im glad I dont drink or mix in the same pubs as you guys.......

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here's a link to an article that you might find useful...all about the Jade Goody Effect. She's done what the medical establishment was struggling to achieve. Forget all the cash and the publicity. This disease is ridiculously easy to treat if caught early enough, and Jade has almost certainly saved lives already by persuading younger women to go for a test.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I feel terribly sad for those of you who are missing people today of all days, but trying to negate what has been made useful out of a terrible situation simply because Jade had the smarts to make some cash for her kids perhaps isn't too enlightened. We WOULD all do the same. I've lost people too. I know how much it hurts. Saying I don't care about another human being suffering the same doesn't make my grief easier at all. Wouldn't you want other people to NOT have to go through this?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
I feel for jade and show my utmost respect for her and may she rest in peace,

I have lost close family to cancer and while they go unnoticed i think that Jade has brought to light the terrible struggle and the reality of what happens,

Given the chance im sure that if i was her i would have also milked it for all it was worth, Sadly many do not get the chance that she did do secure her family, But i hold no hostility to that. She was in a position to be able to do so and she gained what she needed,

She has opened the door to hopefully raise more money for research and millions of young women to go get there smear test, Something many of us avoid due the the personal nature of it all,

I put my hands up as one of them women who freaked out about the thought of going,

I now have my test booked as there is no way in heck that i ever want to go through that if its something i can avoid,

Sometimes we need to be scared in to action,

For that i personal thank Jade,

[edit on 22-3-2009 by asala]

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
its funny the same people that called her racist are now pitying her.

funny how cancer is now a fashion statement.
on the news they are saying more women are getting screened for cervical cancer , well they are pathetic why did they not go before.

no i dont sympathise with jade goody she gets the best treatment and loads of free stuff just because shes famous and what for flashing herself on tv, being racist and gobbing off in gossip magazines.

i feel for the men and women who have a terminal illneess be it cancer or another illness and they still go to work everyday and i mean proper work, in factories, offices, hospitals, or shops, and then go home to their children and wonder how their children will survive without them. not sitting on their ass talking rubbish.

no she didnt deserve to get cancer but she plastered herself all over tv, and magazines so yes some people will be annoyed when she goes on about how she is coping with all her new expensive drugs and free stuff form places like harrods, when their family members died alone and in pain because they arent famous enough for the new drugs and have to go to court and fight to live or re morgage there house those my friend are the people i feel for

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Her 15 minutes are up

those in "mourning" will have a new attention w#*$e any minute

be still, a new magazine telling you how to think is on the way

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seany

Her 15 minutes are up

those in "mourning" will have a new attention w#*$e any minute

be still, a new magazine telling you how to think is on the way

yes i fear that other celebs are wishing for an illness they can sell to the highest bidder now.

im sure the likes of kerry katona and katie price is happy for the free article space

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well she's dead, her kids are rich and now we can get on with out lives without staring at her all over the papers.

I'm not bitter, but the way the media made her to be the only person who have ever suffered from cancer was disgusting.

The media are bloodhounds and now she's dead they will have to sniff out more news.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   

on the news they are saying more women are getting screened for cervical cancer , well they are pathetic why did they not go before.

For a lot of them, it's simply because they didn't think that they had to, or didn't know how easy the test is. It's all about YOUNGER women having the test...Jade's cancer had been developing for years. I read in one article that she suspected it had been a problem as early as 16, before she was even sexually active. We cannot dismiss women without the relevent knowledge as "pathetic" before we make a concentrated effort to help educate as many of them as possible.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join