It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Orbs/Faeries/Dust/Spirits...I dunno!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I took this in my garden about 20 minutes ago, and although I know they are almost certainly probably dust or moisture particles, the really bright one on the left has a face in it....

I don't know if I can get this right, but here goes...if anyone can tell me how I can get the pic in the body of the post, instead of just a link, I will be desperately grateful...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e84f42b65c05.jpg[/atsimg]

Edit to add...I also have no idea how this ended up in the music forum....I really don't. Would a kindly Mod please move it for me? *kisses*...shame, always tidying up after Caitlin......

[edit on 20-3-2009 by asala]

[edit on 20-3-2009 by caitlinfae]

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
If you were using flash then it's almost 100% the light playing tricks with the tiny insects flying about this time of year, along with all sorts of natural particulates you are likely to find at this time of year. If not, then i dont know!

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Thank you to Asala for the editing...I appreciate it hun...and promise to do more homework.

Harry...I quite agree...I know they are particles of something floating about, and I did have the flash on, but I took 5 photos altogether in almost the same spot, within about 2 minutes, and two pics have no orbs at all, while the other three have some or lots....it's really inconsistent. And the little face kinds freaks me out, I have to say...

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This one does seem to be staring back at us. Hmmmmm.....

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I remember I took a photo at night while it was sort of foggy 'cause I knew it would get a lot of orbs in the pictures.
My intent was to start a thread on it, but never did.

The funny thing was, someone stumbled across the pics in my photobucket account and thought it was a picture of a UFO.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
MrWupy, I hadn't seen that one...but you're right. There is a face there too. I was looking at the really bright one on the left. Hmmm....curious.

Runespider, do you still have your photos to post here? I would love to see them if you have. I was more interesting in the pink and blue sky, and wasn't expecting anything in the way of orbs, but there you go.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Actually, yes I do.
s96.photobucket.com...

And without a flash for comparison:
s96.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I'm another one that leans towards dust and similar particles being shown due to the flash of digital cameras.

That's not the only reason though I think this though. Modern day sightings of orbs don't really tie-in with 'traditional' and certainly pre-digital reporting of fairies and sprites &c. even when you factor in the way reportings did 'evolve' culturally. The nearest thing we have in any kind of 'folk record' to the orbs that appear on digital photographs are the 'Will O' The Wisps' which go by hundreds of different names, often specific to a local area.

This type of entity appears to have a very narrow purpose - to confuse travellers and lead them astray - often to their doom in marshes and rivers. They don't really seem to have any other history or purpose. Also, in order to fulfill their purpose they obviously need to be seen and seen without the aid of a digital camera.

Another issue is as to where they are seen. A 'Will O' The Wisp' defined by its purpose appears by marshes, rivers and bogs &c. (which has lead to the traditional scientific explanation for them regarding methane gasses being released from decaying biomass) not in houses, nightclubs, shops and all the various places that appear in 'orb' photographs. Even the idea that at least some developed urban areas have been built on old rivers and marshes doesn't really explain the sheer ubiquity of 'orbs', which seem to appear wherever there's a digital camera.

Also, why has the orb phenomena really only appeared since digital technology? I don't think the idea that there's something 'special' about the technology itself that captures these fairy or spirit forms. Part of my reasoning here is 'why are they appearing as 'orbs''? The idea that they're 'Will O' The Wisps' doesn't have merit, so why are they (other types of fairy or sprite &c) appearing as orbs?

Folklore features a myriad of creatures and entities, some of whom are said to be shape-shifters and can adopt various guises - often to trick unsuspecting humans. Others don't seem to be shape-shifters at all and are what they are and what they are is not little floating balls of energy. So why, if orbs are really fairies &c., why are they appearing in such a regimented, common form? A form that really doesn't have an parallel outside of a 'Will O' The Wisp' paradigm? This uniformity doesn't really match what has been talked about for thousands of years.

The idea that 'orbs' are really fairies raises more questions that need to be answered than the one it is allegedly answering.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Great post, one minor statement for you; orbs aren't limited to digital cameras, but any camera that utilizes a flash. Which is why in some old time photos you can still see orbs.
You can also get odd images around water, my dad has some pictures from when we were kids, swimming around my grandparents pool, and the light reflection from the water hitting the camera lens.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by Merriman Weir

Great post, one minor statement for you; orbs aren't limited to digital cameras, but any camera that utilizes a flash. Which is why in some old time photos you can still see orbs.

Thanks!

No, you're right they're not limited to digital cameras but even from the start of the digital camera boom, it seems that the ratio of 'images taken' to 'images taken that feature orbs' was far, far different when compared to non-digital cameras.

Most people grew up with at least one cheap camera in the house yet, how often did people see really see orbs on their non-digital photography? Not other anomalies but specifically orbs? It's an incredibly tiny fraction of what we see now, even when you factor in how ubiquitous digital cameras are now.

As I was trying to make the point, orbs seem to be a modern cultural phenomena that has really only appeared to an extent over the last decade or so. What's changed or happened in that time? Are we more 'spiritually' aware? Whilst there's been some New Age trends over the last decade, these come in cycles anyway. Are we more 'open', 'accepting' or 'spiritual' than say the late 1960s? Where are the classic orb photographs of the 1960s when photography was quite fashionable (and groovy) and we were dawning on the Age of Aquarius?

How about the Victorian era when photography emerged at a time when the Modern world was fascinated by spiritualism and the occult. Where are the orbs on Victorian photography? Why did so many Victorians feel the need to falsify spirit forms if the potential and opportunity was, apparently, there all along in the form of orbs?

As harsh as it is, the only thing that really has changed over the last decade or so is that digital cameras have found their way into the hands of the general population.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

thanks for the pics....i do see the difference for sure. I would have taken more without the flash, if the dog wasn't such a lunatic...he was trying to bite his way off his lead at the time! Still doesn't explain the faces though....I'm wondering.....

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
i cant see the face

could someone zoom in on it?

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
It's in the brightest orb in the photo, on the left. There are two round eyes in the middle of the orb, and a frog like mouth underneath it. I hope it's not just me who sees it....

I can't help you wiht the zooming in bit I'm afraid...I'm pretty useless when it comes to technicals.

posted on Mar, 21 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Probably just dust... but there are some things that show up on film that we can't see. I've taken a fw myself. Posted around here somewhere...
(those dust things included).

But - kind of cool - me and a friend of mine get out a good 45 minutes early before work to sit and have coffee/cigs/talk time. The moon has been quite a sight lately. She brought her digital can the other day and was oing to take a pic because it was so huge and round, but exacly down the middle was a strait line - one half showing, the other half not showing. The camera saw a round whole moon, our eyes saw just half. Kinda cool

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AngelaLadyS

someone mentioned taking pictures during a fog to see more orbs? is there a certain type of weather that can be better or worse to pick up spiritual orbs?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Ah! I see the face! Really nice picture and those are beautiful mountains.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by mrwupy

This looks very interesting... Iv caught a few orbs recently and its hard to work out whether it is dust or something paranormal although had some strange activity at the time.

couldnt see any of your other pics though as they would not load

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
just had another look at the pic that did load and can see what looks like a face... and this was in your garden?

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hello again...
yeah this was in my garden, but about a year ago I think. It was a really beautiful evening, and I wanted a picture of the hills with the sun setting, as the colours were just incredible. I didn't see the orbs till I got back in the house, and there was definitely a face or two looking back at me. I remember thinking it was odd as when I took the pictures outside, the air looked very clear and still...no rain, no mist, nothing. And the orbs are different in each picture from what I can remember, so ti can't be just dust on the camera lens. Will try and find the pics in my file here................

I live way out in the sticks, surrounded by forests and mountains, and there is huge natural energy here....it's a very special place. To me it's full of spirits and faeries and all kinds of visitors, even a passing off world entity on occasion, I'm pretty sure.

posted on Aug, 10 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by caitlinfae

Hello again haha... just thought I would return the courtesy and read some of your threads too. Sounds like you live in a beautiful and amazing place. Im stuck close to the hussle of London and it gets a bit ugh! at times although im still able to see certain strange things happen.

Have you seen these orbs since that day?? haha if it was me id be out there talking to them (yes im mad).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join