It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama mesmerizes local man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Lucky Local Man Beckoned To White House

FARMINGTON, Ark. -- When the president unveiled his plan to inject life into small businesses this week, one lucky local business owner was on hand. Now, he's come back home with a picture, an autograph and the experience of a lifetime.

Aaron Cater owns a small business in Fayetteville. A few years ago, he was deployed to Iraq and took out a loan from the Small Business Administration to keep his company afloat while he was gone. Evidently, the White House took an interest in his story and told him to come on down.

"It was one of those one in a million type things," Cater said.

Cater runs Super Saver Coupons, a small business built with other small businesses. The company routinely mails coupons to local businesses to residents in Washington and Benton counties.

Last Friday night, his business was singled out.

"He called me up and asked if we could be at the White House at 11 a.m. on Monday for a small business meeting with the president. Just kind of a weird deal," Cater said, with a laugh.

So Cater and his wife hopped in the car and hauled out to Washington, D.C. They sat in on the press conference and then got to meet President Barack Obama.

"It was really cool. We got the president's autograph, got a picture with him," Cater said. "He's really kind of a mesmerizing figure in person."

So mesmerizing, in fact, that their discussion has disappeared from memory.

"People have asked me what the president said, and we almost can't remember because we were kind of sitting there in awe," Cater said.

What Cater does remember is the president's message to his fellow small business owners.

"Some businesses out there want to move their location. They do want to do some expansion. They want to buy some equipment that'll help them out, and this will really help those businesses out," Cater said.

What Cater is referring to is the president's $15 billion plan to make loans to small businesses more readily available. Cater said he doesn't need one right now, but he said he knows hundreds of other small businesses in the area could use the help.

Cater also left the president with a gift of his own: a unique coin that commemorated Cater's deployment. Cater said the president thanked him for his service.

Link:

www.4029tv.com...

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Starting A New Thread – Please Review This Link

[edit on Tue Mar 24 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
haha. oh boy "it was like I just saw Jesus".
Whatever floats his boat.

posted on Mar, 20 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Bush had a meeting with people in different areas of the country for families of fallen Soldiers, Marines, and Sailors... my mom got to meet him...

Obama should do something more like that and not one small business owners. I'm tired of this celebrity with no mind of his own, only what is on the teleprompter.

I liked the statement before, "When GW was in office we were afraid of terrorists, not banks."

What happened to those guys? The media doesn't really seem to cover Iraq and Afghanistan(well not as much, the little they did before), only about bailouts, stimulus plans, dissolving banks, and how Obama will fix it all...

posted on Mar, 24 2009 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
What Cater is referring to is the president's $15 billion plan to make loans to small businesses more readily available.

Anyone do even the slightest bit of math on this?

This is, on the face of it, giving $15bn to banks so they can make money off small businesses. It doesn't say anything about the T&Cs, or how many small businesses are expected to benefit.

You could just give a million dollars each to 15,000 small businesses, which would do the economy rather more good, I'd have thought.

Anyone care to tell my how my logic's wrong on this?

top topics

join