It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG is money laundry scheme, Congress is using Misdirection! (Glenn Beck)

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Watch the first 2 videos....the AIG debacle is explained in pretty simple terms...also you will see our governments involvement that helps perpetuate this crisis in the first place. At 6:35 he where he starts to explain where all of the AIG bailout money has gone too...

You are being lied to. You are being misdirected to the real scam and corruption.

AIG bailout money was a way for the government to send money to foreign banks.

All of this outrage politicians are showing is fake.

Wake up to what has really happened!

(added videos to OP)

[edit on 17-3-2009 by David9176]

[edit on 17-3-2009 by David9176]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Sad thing is that most of our politicians are well aware that all of this is going on and are willingly going along with the scheme. :shk:

But you guys keep on focusing on that Southern border and all those illegal immigrants that our destroying our nation. Politicians like to use these two issues to divert attention from what is really going on. It worked after 9/11 and I am sure it will work this time time as well.

problem w/vids???

[edit on 17-3-2009 by jam321]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Sad thing is that most of our politicians are well aware that all of this is going on and are willingly going along with the scheme.

And i figure it's for a couple of reasons..

One...to try and save their own asses....and two....they are in on it.

Maybe they can use the excuse that they didn't have time to read it or something right?

I haven't seen a single politician talk about this yet....only the OUTRAGE of the bonuses that they allowed under legislation.

This is where people need to focus their anger.

175 million is small potatoes to 56 billion that is actually gone and out of the country.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 07:39 PM
link   
AIG got the money to pay off debts it owed due to the collapse of several banks and brokerages. The list of payoffs settled the markets as they know why they needed the money. If they hadn't paid the debts, things would have gotten really ugly for all of us. If anything the whole CDS thing was intent on destroying America and thank god our politicians finally caught on and didn't let it happen.

I am not happy about the bonuses. The thinking that made these financial companies want to dole out huge money is the same thinking that keeps us all down. We continue to reward those at the top when it is really the people underneath that make it possible for them to make money. I can't wait to see the SEC reforms that are coming. Big business is

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
The AIG bailouts are simply madness. The total so far is $170bn, that's $555 for every American. And that's just for AIG. With the bailouts for the banks and any other concern 'too big to fail' America is broke.

There appear to be a very small number of politicians speaking out, Dennis Kucinich and Ron Paul for example but it's very clear that The Hill is ready to run off the cliff like lemmings.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by disgustedbyhumanity

Yes but the debt they have is not in billions is in trillions and we the tax payer are expected to keep feeding this money eating machine until we the tax payer and the nation runs dry.

Because the government is betting that things will reverse.

Guess what they will not, because the morons in Washington believe that paying out debt with more debt is going to fix the markets.

AIG is to receive another 30 billions dollars in the coming days, if this doesn't cause an American revolution by then I wonder what will.

The the poster boy Geithner is telling that he will make sure that AIG pays back their bonuses.

All he has to do is deduct the millions of tax payer money the used for the bonuses from the next bailout.

I guess Geithner thinks that Americans are stupid.

And that news like that is going to make us all happy.

What a moron.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

AIG is to receive another 30 billions dollars in the coming days, if this doesn't cause an American revolution by then I wonder what will.

You've got to be kidding? Another 30 billion?

Cripes.

I wonder which foreign banks this money is intended to go to? I can't believe the outright theft of the American people that is happening right in front of our eyes.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
It was posted by Dangerdeath on this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I try the link given with the news story but is no working for me.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I've added 2 videos to the OP.

It goes into detail on where all of the money has gone to.

62 billion dollars overseas....

Makes 175 million look like chump change.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Another thing i was thinking about....and this is just speculation on my part...don't they need the public to settle down a bit...hence...all of this so called "outrage" they are imposing...to continue to funnel money out of the country?

Is this why they are being so blatant about the whole thing?

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by jam321

Sad thing is that most of our politicians are well aware that all of this is going on and are willingly going along with the scheme.

And i figure it's for a couple of reasons..

One...to try and save their own asses....and two....they are in on it.

Maybe they can use the excuse that they didn't have time to read it or something right?

I haven't seen a single politician talk about this yet....only the OUTRAGE of the bonuses that they allowed under legislation.

This is where people need to focus their anger.

175 million is small potatoes to 56 billion that is actually gone and out of the country.

Lies lies and more lies when it comes to the AIG scandle and folks it is a scandle and coverup of where the money has specificly gone to overseas. How many in the legislative branch of our govennment in D.C. have foreign bank accounts? Corruption to the enth degree and most of our politicians all look around in amazement that this has taken place. Who in the heck is in charge of these bailouts ? Congress, Bush, obama and not to mention the Federal Reserve is in there somewhere amongst the pile of course.

No accounting practices and no accountability to anyone including to We The People. Congress has to be thinking We The Stupid People because they try pulling the wool over our eyes over and over again. Well, I hate to tell the Executive and Legislative branchs of government We The People are becoming smarter by the day because of your shinannigans and what you try taking away from us or get away with behind closed doors. How Porkulus of them.

[edit on 17-3-2009 by amari]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by amari

The problem is that most of the MSM is not reporting this.

That almost seems to be the biggest crime of all.

Sadly, many people still don't know about this.
No one at my workplace did, I let them know though!

People are angry...but not enough to do anything about it yet....maybe that time is soon...I still don't see it though.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
The AIG bailout money went to:

Goldman Sachs: 13 billion, here is an interesting story about Goldman Sachs:

NEW YORK (Reuters) - Goldman Sachs Group Inc Chief Financial Officer David Viniar said the bank is keen to avoid restrictions it agreed to after receiving funds from the U.S. government late last year and it is looking to pay the money back as soon as possible.

The investment bank, which received a $10 billion capital injection from the U.S. Treasury's Troubled Asset Relief Program in October, is not happy with the strings that came attached to the money.

Source

Sure give back 10 billion of TARP when AIG is giving you 13 billion.

Société Générale: $12 billion: shouldn't the French Tax payer bailout their own bank?

Deutsche Bank: $12 billion: Your welcome Germany.

Barclays: $9 billion: Who said we aren't nice to the British.

Go to this cite to see the entire list of foreign banks getting US tax dollars via AIG. www.businessinsider.com...

HSBC: British.
UBS: Swiss
BNP Paribas: French
Calyon: French
Dresdner: German
DZ Bank: German
ING: Dutch
Bank of Montreal: Canada
Rabobank: Dutch
Royal Bank of Scotland: UK
KFW: German
Credit Suisse: Swiss
Santander: Spain
Danske: Denmark

Out of $93 billion, at least $57.5 billion US Tax payer dollars went to foreign banks.

This should make you so angry that your head explodes.

Note: Give credit where it is due, the above link was found in this post: www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 17-3-2009 by finemanm]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
reply to post by amari

The problem is that most of the MSM is not reporting this.

That almost seems to be the biggest crime of all.

Sadly, many people still don't know about this.
No one at my workplace did, I let them know though!

People are angry...but not enough to do anything about it yet....maybe that time is soon...I still don't see it though.

Most people are too busy making a living and putting food on the table to take time to pay attention of what is happening. When it affects their food supply they will pay attention but the problem is by then it will be too late.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

AIG has such a conspriatorial background...I found this while snooping around.
www1.aia.com.cn...

Roots in China dating all the way back to early 1900's...

Starred and Flagged!

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

US Tax payers bailing out foreign banks without our explicit knowledge so far beyond Unconstitutional, it's down right Treasonous...

I hope our Government knows the enemies they are making in the streets of America....

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Is it possible the real distraction is that they are focusing on the "failing" companies? Is it possible the failing companies are owned or have connections with other companies that dumped bad assests onto these companies on purpose and knowingly? Are there companies that are doing fairly well in this economy? If yes, maybe we should look at what they did with bad investments within the past couple years and start connecting the dots.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Former Treasury Secretary Hank Paulsen approved the original bailout terms for AIG. AIG's biggest risk was Goldman Sachs. Paulsen is the former head of Goldman Sachs. If AIG failed then Goldman Sachs would fail and vice versa. Both companies fell under the jurisdiction of the NY FED headed by Tim Geithner, the current Treasury Secretary, and Ben Bernanke, FED Chairman.

Hell, the government has obtained indictments against the mob with less evidence of fraud, money laundering, or extortion.

Geithner and Bernanke have to go and a Independent Prosecutor needs to review the entire Bailout from start to finish and all parties involved.

Geithner already got one free pass about his tax issue, mostly because he was supposed to be some sort of "boy wonder", economic genius. He was head of the NY FED in fall '08 when the terms were set for AIG's bailout and now he and the administration want to feign outrage. Really!!??

This is not change Mr. Obama. This is business as usual - insiders and power brokers gaming the system and getting rich with government collusion.

futurenewstoday.blogspot.com...

The case for indicting the executive leadership of Goldman Sachs becomes clearer by the minute, but will Congress act? Here is the case as it is emerging in the past few months. Clearly the GS insiders were acting to defraud the American public with an elaborate shell game. And then there is AIG. And then there is the role of the Federal Reserve. It's a lot of material to cover but I will do my best to make sense of it all. After that it is up to you to follow the links and do some investigating of your own. This is big. This is very big. This makes Madoff's Ponzi scheme look like child's play.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Sergeant Stiletto]

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Goldman (may as well be AIG!) has a private equity firm that is losing money because investors, one third of which are employees, can't make the capital calls on their investments. But, have no fear, GS is offering to loan them the money (our tax dollars!!??) with the stipulation that they put it back into the fund. Is that a ponzi scheme or what!?

www.nytimes.com...

It is unclear how many Goldman bankers and traders will take up the bank’s offer. The funds periodically require investors to add more money, and late last year, Goldman’s most senior management and board began to realize some employees might have trouble living up to this obligation after receiving low bonuses, according to a person briefed on the situation.

Employees in the funds are contractually obligated to meet requests for more capital. Several funds have such capital calls scheduled for April. Employees who fail to make the payments risk losing their jobs, according to a person familiar with the situation.

The new loans at Goldman are being offered to help employees meet capital demands from the internal funds and cannot be used for other personal needs, according to people familiar with the matter.

A spokesman for Goldman Sachs confirmed the existence of the loan program but declined to elaborate. The funds that are the most troubled were raised right before the financial crisis. Goldman raised $20 billion in its most recent private equity fund and some $9 billion in the Whitehall real estate funds in 2007 and 2008.

About a third of the money in the funds typically comes from Goldman and its employees, and since 1991, the bank and its employees have accounted for $7.5 billion of the $26 billion in the Whitehall funds.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

also you will see our governments involvement that helps perpetuate this crisis in the first place.

You're right, lack of government oversight is what allowed this to occur. Of course, this logic is what conservatives and libertarians will not allow you to believe, as this contradicts their failed ideology.

I strongly urge the OP, and others who think like him, to start searching for alternative outlets (and I don't mean Alex Jones) to listen to all sides of the issue from different perspectives. If you resort to Glen Beck, Alex Jones, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News in general, you're only listening to what you WANT to hear, not what the facts may entail. It's disheartening to see minorities, and lower-class folks, buy into the talking points these conservative pundits ram down their throats. One of the primary motives of the aforementioned gentlemen
is the hope of not paying income taxes... should their ideology be put in place, this would lead to every man and woman, rich and poor, fending for his/her self. Simply put, the poor cannot depend on the "goodwill of the rich". It's necessary for everyone to consider different trains of thought before jumping aboard the libertarian band-wagon.

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Blagojevich]

[edit on 18-3-2009 by Blagojevich]

<<   2  3 >>

join