It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need help understanding a dream & synchronicity

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I appreciate any input anyone might be able to provide about, what I think was a very unusual event.

Before I explain the event, I want to make a note here and say that this isn't one of those "I found my soul mate" stories. It could very easily be interpreted as such, but I think there is something more interesting here.

A few months ago I had a dream where I saw the image of a woman, details including clothing, face and hair. I tried to recall her name and came up with "Rebbecca".

Now two days ago I was scrolling through the a personals site when I cam across this woman's profile. I said to myself that this girl looks like the girl from my dream. Then I saw one of her photos and there was one particular photo of her which was exactly what I saw in my dream.

OK, that's all very coincidental, interesting as it may be. But then I logged off of the personals site to check my e-mail. I find an e-mail from someone named "Regina", and thought wow, I just read a personals profile from someone named Regina, how interesting.

I read the e-mail, but I didn't think it could have been the same person. replied to the e-mail. She sent back a pic and it was the same girl.

She apparently saw an ad I placed on craigslist, in the "strictly platonic" section where I was looking for someone to chat with about music.

Does anyone see the synchronicity here? Or is it just me?

Now, I'm not thinking oh, I've found my soul mate, etc. As a matter of fact I don't think she is anyone I want to really talk with, going on the dialog in our few e-mails since then.

I took a chance and told her about this, and I came away thinking I was talking to one of those magic eight balls, where you ask a question and get a pre-determined answer. It seemed as if she didn't believe me, or didn't read through my e-mail explaining what happened.

Anyway, I came away from it kind of empty. But still trying to get my mind around what happened there. Was it just a very unusual series of coincidental events?

As I explained to this girl, I have always had these little, insignificant premonition dreams, such as I would dream I found a baseball card while walking to the store, and the next day I would find a baseball card while walking to the store. Nothing with great significance or meaning, just little things like that.

I don't need replies saying "hey you are psychic..." blah, blah. All people have these abilities but most don't remember their dreams.

I'm not looking for people to affirm that I am "special" or anything like that. I am looking for ideas about why this happened.

It seems, as in my baseball card dream, there really is no significance, especially after talking to the girl. I thought maybe we might have something important to say to each other, something like that. I'm not interested in her romantically.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by Electro38]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Electro38

I cant help you to explain it, but a similar thing happened to me although in a different order.

Going back to being about 9 or 10 in the mid 90's - remember to this day some ridiculously vivid dream I had where I had made it in the music industry, and for some reason some girl I knew from the time was in it.

About 4 or 5 years later I started making music and had forgot about the dream altogether, until in 2006, I was on my way to worrk having moved back to my childhood town and walking thru an area that looked real similar to the background of the dream and trying to write a tune in my head as a skint student wanting to make money, that i got a flashback.

A few weeks later, high on recreational drugs, I wake up saying the girls name and after some thought realise I can achieve my childhood dream.

Fast foorward to yesterday, I achieve my 15 year old ambition in a day and the girls name suddenly flashes up on facebook. Wierd!

But, I'm not going to complain, my life is on the up and the girl is simply something to inspire me and what I'm doing won't affect her in any way (to the point she isnt even aware of this and i'l never tell her, il never talk to her, see her or even try to), but I still can't explain it.

What did the dream tell you? Look deeper, beyond the girl - is it time to put plans into action?

[edit on 14-3-2009 by rufusthestuntbum]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

I mean u specifically mention music there...

Do u play/write/produce anything?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
oh yeah, i need to add that after trying to do this for 9-10 years, I'm now about 50m away from where i "saw" i'd do it

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum

What did the dream tell you? Look deeper, beyond the girl - is it time to put plans into action?

Thanks. Your post is interesting because, I'm also a musician, and I was looking for some chick to talk to music with, and maybe go see some music with. This girl answered that ad I put in craigslist.

She's the girl I saw in my dream. But talking to her in a couple of e-mails, it's like talking to a mannequin, very strange. So I decided to tell her about the strange dream and her coincidental e-mail, not much as a reply.

I'm thinking the dream/coincidence has nothing to do with her, it's my own subconscious that is causing some kind of synchronicity to occur. Maybe.

I've been building experimental musical equipment, synths, midi controllers and now looking into developing synth software.

Been playing with a guitarist, and to our bemusement we are creating some kind of psychedelic middle eastern flavored rock music.

But I digress. This dream and the coincidental e-mail from that girl has me thinking. But maybe now I should just forget and move on.

Thanks for your reply and experience.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
There a mate of mine too, and again he is creative, into his film-making.

That happened in a different order still, he knew the girl at the time he had the dream, then he found her on facebook, and did add her and talk to her then made headway on his goals.

I guess my own progress comes from my sales job, one of the motivational speeches was along the lines of "if u were a kid and met yourself now, what would you want to see".. and push came to shove and i made it happen

Another one "I dreamt of having [this that and the other] as a kid and I made it happen"

Whatever it is MAKE it happen, forget the girl and see the bigger picture.

In my own case, by pulling this off i can prob get a girl ten times better...

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

great, go for it, after 9-10 years as a nobody i now have a remix out on universal, another in the bag that i'm waiting for the parts for, producing an original EP with a major management company interested and meeting a club owner 2moro to set up a club night in the biggest entertainment complex in my city.

All of the rewards came in a day, but the work took months, some people had cottoned on to my plans and misunderstood the connection with the girl, ridiculed me, but i KNEW i was right and i carried on, so the key is never give up.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I played bass in some rock bands in the early 90's. A hard rock band and then a progressive instrumental rock trio.

Since then I got interested in improvised music, and also 8 bit (retro) electronics. I quit school (college) in 1995 and began learning and building classical guitars, then electric guitars. Look up ElectroKraft on google. You'll find stuff about the pickups I made and also the experimental music machines I've made.

Now I'm interested in creating music software.

But, I've just gotten back into "playing" music again. For awhile I really didn't have desire to play, just to build. Now I have the desire to do both. A good thing.

I have a feeling that girl doesn't really believe me, about the dream, and how she e-mailed me right after I saw her picture. That's ok.

I'm left a little bewildered.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

cool, if u make any VSTs give me a shout

U sound a lot like me - my two vices are producing and playing the bass

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

ur machines look sick
do ur midi controllers work in cubase?

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rufusthestuntbum

Will do. The bass is a powerful instrument, my favorite instrument to play, with the classical guitar being a close second.

Thanks again.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by rufusthestuntbum

ur machines look sick
do ur midi controllers work in cubase?

My midi controllers will work with anything (midi synth, keyboard, drum machine or PC software) that will accept midi input. If your PC (or Mac) accepts midi input via some software, it will work great.

I've had many customers who were using Ableton Live, and similar software.

But, I've stopped taking orders recently so that I can concentrate on developing some software.

I plan to start making more hardware next year, or by the end of this year.

Thanks.

top topics

join