It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nobel-prize winner backs world currency

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Nobel-prize winner backs world currency

www.theaustralian.news.com.au

KAZAKH President Nursultan Nazarbayev has won backing for his plan for a single world currency from an intellectual architect of the euro currency, Nobel-prize winner Professor Robert Mundell.

Nazarbayev, speaking at an economic forum in the glitzy new capital he has built on the Kazakh steppe, defended his proposal for the "acmetal'' world currency saying it might "look kind of funny'' but was not.

And he received intellectual support from the Canadian economist Prof Mundell, who helped lay the intellectual groundwork for Europe's single currency.

"I must say that I agree with President Nazarbayev on his statement and many of the things he said in his plan, the project he made for the world currency, and I believe I'm right on track with what he's saying,'' Prof Mundell said, adding the idea held "great promise''.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well there you have it folks. Even world leaders are openly talking about a one world currency.

This comes as no surprise to me as this was predicted thousands of years ago in the Bible. I'm sure you've all heard of the book of Revelation.

The real question is: How long will people stay in denial?

What will it take for people to realize the one world order has been planned since the foundations of the earth have been laid?

www.theaustralian.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

This is how it will start. They will promote one world currency as a good thing for everyone. The sheeple will buy right into it and it will become a reality with no fight at all. This will be the first step towards a one world government.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

Erasurehead: I really do hope that people would not accept a world currency so easily.

But the way the world is going lately, it seems like most are looking for a solution to what I believe is a manufactured world economic problem. Manufactured by who? The powers that be is all I can say.

This will most likely not be seen as a bad thing. And it's probably wise not to mention this has all be prophesied in the Bible. Most wouldn't believe it anyway.

After all, how could such a wonderful "solution" be evil?

[edit on 3/12/2009 by thehumbleone]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
It's too obvious that one day we'll have a world currency. It's just another stage of economic and political evolution.

Imagine, the entire tribe bartering with the same type of shells! It's the end I say!!

Imagine, the 13 colonies with ONE Currency - It will be the beginning of the end!

Imagine, the whole EU with one currency! Oh dear lord! It's the end!

Imagine, the whole world with one currency! The sky is falling!!

Imagine, no currency! Oh no! Don't take away our money!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
i smelll the amero comin

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Imagine, no currency! What did we ever need currency for anyway?

(Can anyone name the cultures that knew that long ago?
)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Logician magician, I get your point.

But why is all of this happening just like the book of Revelations says?

You're right. There will be a time when money will be taken away, a time when we will need some sort of mark - a RFID chip, some tattoo etc - to be able to buy or sell in the world market.

Is that what you want? Do you really want to be a slave like that? I sure as hell do not.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
But then I also see it this way: Everyone who is a part of our society is a slave in some way. We need these paper bills to survive, so we become a slave to money. We want to be better than the Joneses, so we become a slave to materialism.

Television says you need to look a certain way and buy this product and have this car to be attractive, so we become a slave to what they tell us.

Hmm, Who knows?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Obama has already established the new world currency. DVDs and packs of DVDs!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
It's going to take a lot more of an economic downturn for this to be implemented. We're talking major currencies failing (Euro, pound, US Dollar). This would have to be followed by a global bank holiday (couple weeks likely) while the system is retooled and the global regulations are implemented. Then each currency would be exchanged to the new one at a rate that'd likely make many of us poor to start with.

But you are right, this is the next in a long line of steps to a world currency.

As for the detractor that made fun of all the movements to unify currency...here's why this is important: one currency means that borders will have be broken down along with social barriers (National identity). This has been seen in the states. Those 13 colonies first referred to themselves as derivatives of that state (Georgian for example) when they each had their own identity and their own currency. Now when they were all put under the dollar and the first major war of the new country was experienced (War of 1812) this mindset of each state being its own power was set aside. Georgians became Americans when they talked abroad.

Jump back to the present and a single currency in the world would make it impossible to have competition for loans on the international market. Since this global currency would have to be housed at a single international bank (IMF probably). This bank would have control over the entire money supply of the world, and no competition would drive interest rates down in good times, or recession worries to drive them up. Whatever the IMF wanted to do, it would do. Essentially this would hand over the reigns of the global economy to a single oligarchy which could impose its will on fiscal policy by threatening with monetary policy.

Possible Scenario:
IMF: "United States, you are making too much ruckus about abortion, we're foreclosing on this loan and that one. Pay up."

US: "Um....sorry?" *pulls out empty pockets*

IMF: "Ok, I'm sure we can find something to make a deal with. How about you get rid of that law and we'll forget about this for now."

US: "Consider it done!"

I know, very simplistic, but the fact is that a global central bank with the powers of monetary policy would have every country by the belt buckle (more painful really, but we have to keep it user friendly) and ready to force its will down on them. If you don't believe that monetary policy is powerful, go look at the Federal Reserve Rate from 1980 to the present and watch the tumble it took and how much the economy grew from that flushing of money into the overall supply.

Logical argument to that is "Well the rate is at 0 now, why aren't we booming?" This is due to the fact that we borrowed so much money that wasn't there, that when the time came to pay it back, its just not possible to do so. Besides, there are other tools that can offset 0% interest, like government bond actions.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by thehumbleone

Unfortunatly I think it will be that easy. I think the global economic meltdown was a planned event. When it all hits rock bottom and people are fearful and desperate the one world currency will be promoted as the only way out. When people are given a choice to accept a global currency or face complete financial collapse the majority will just go along with it. A few will speak out against it but they will simply be labeled nut jobs or terrorists and dismissed.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
its not only about the world currency that people dislike I guess.

its about the PEOPLE who will MAKE it.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Exactly Grey magic, there's nothing wrong with a one world currency or a one world order. The problem is that it's being planned & implemented by people that are truly deluded and evil and that is something to be seriously concerned about. Having said that, these people are truly arrogant and egotistical and that will be their downfall.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

10/10. you are correct. that is a whole problem. who and on what basis will print the money.

and BTW, Kazakh President is hardly to be called the world leader. no offence to Kazakh people.

greetings to OP. star and flag for a good find.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The interesting thing about the Kazakh leader making this statement is it means Putin wanted to make this statement through one of his puppets.

I disagree with a one world currency, whoever makes it. If anything, we need more currencies, not fewer currencies. Sure you save on...exchange fees etc but you lose all flexibility. How are you supposed to use monetary policy at all when all you can work on is the whole globe at once? A world currency is so much less control than local currencies, even for a one world power.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
A Kazhakh leader in on the ground floor of the New World Currency? Borat strikes again!

If we buy into their New World Currency, will they take it as rent payment and let us open our airbase back up?

nenothtu out

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I wonder how many strings were pulled to get him in his position in the first place, let alone a nobel prize.....

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Jar Jar Binks speaks, heh.
As some one else has previously posted. One world currency might actually solve a few problems ( and likely create a few as well ). Now I'm sure the group most interested in doing this has their own self interest at heart. To a certain degree, who wouldn't? So the question is economically, its been heading that way, sooner now rather than later, who would be the best team to slam it together. What should the economic structure look like? I choose me. ( Well, wouldn't you choose yourself? )

Actually, what I do choose is not to live in fear. I can only die once. Slavery enslaves the masters too. Torture, though painful, means you still live. There is ALWAYS hope, if not this generation, perhaps the next. Dark ages don't last forever. Mind control- look up slavery. Disease is inescapable.

White shores my friend, is all I see.

P

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by logician magician

I think people are scared of one world government because it means the end of our "national sovereignty" but, how else is the world supposed to evolve? Are we really going to stay separated by imaginary borders for the rest of time? In essence, one world government makes a whole lot of sense to me; are we not all human?

BUT - with the many drastic differences between cultures from country to country, it would be almost impossible for all of our ideals to be reflected in a world-wide code of law. Not to mention the people who are behind the promotion of one world government/currency and their reasons for pushing this agenda are unknown, could be evil, and I would rather have our world stay like it is than be controlled by a corrupt "New World Order" any day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join