It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That is the religion of thought...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
"Better the world should perish than that I or any other human being should believe a lie that is the religion of thought in whose scorching flames the dross of the world is being burnt away!" Bertrand Russell 1872-1970

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yea just like communism would burn and will burn the Earth up too.

Son true religion is this.

Love thy neighbor as thyself and God with all thy heart.

Jesus said so. Hypocrites defile these teachings.

and also you don't know it's a lie, that's his opinion, not ourss. What I felt communion do to my soul isn't a lie to me.

anyhow, that's a very interesting name there.

Denver?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Why would you call someone son and degrade them? You are not their father, but you keep wanting to call people son as if you were their father and above them. You are not above anyone.

What do you think a soul is?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's a bad habbit.

For the record, Denver is miles better then me, I swear on my life and I turly think everyone is better then me.

Nomore calling people son, and my intentions wasn't to put myself above him.

Like my homeboys way back when would come over and say, what's up son?

just a word.

what is a soul?

I honestly don't know badmedia, I just know it's there through faith.

peace.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Denver is not better than you. That is not the point, you do not need to shrink down before others. If you put yourself above another, then you are at fault. If you put another above you by putting yourself down, then you are still at fault.

To put yourself below another is to deny what the father has given you. It's a fine line, no doubt. Trying to manifest all that the father has given you while at the same time not crossing that line into putting yourself above another, but to be as close to that line as possible is what we should strive for.

How can we love another as ourselves if we do not love ourselves? How can we treat others as equal and as they should be treated if we push ourselves down?

Originally posted by JesusisTruth
what is a soul?

I honestly don't know badmedia, I just know it's there through faith.

peace.

Then how can you say - "What I felt communion do to my soul isn't a lie to me. "

If you don't know what your soul is, then how can you have felt and known what it did?

John 14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

No faith needed. At that day you will know this. You will feel it, experience it, know it, understand why and so forth. It's not something you can fake, and if someone fakes it, they only deceive themselves. That event is also followed by the holy spirit in 14:26 etc.

That is what happens when you are born again, born of spirit and that is the moment IMO you are "saved". And it can only come of the father and no church or religion has domain or claim on it.

Soul is today commonly called "consciousness". It is that which gives you the feeling of "I AM". It is what gives you the ability to "be". In the end, there is only 1 "I AM", there is only 1 observer and that is the father, who is greater than us all. Your soul/consciousness is what gives you the ability to observe creation itself, from it you have reason, understanding and so forth. Free will as well comes from it. It is completely separate of the physical universe.

When you see movies like Irobot, or movies where a robot suddenly becomes like a person, then that is result of them gaining a soul/consciousness. Those without a soul just do as they are told and programmed to do.

When you start to understand that soul is all that you truly are, then things make alot more sense, and then your entire perspective(consciousness/soul) changes in how you view the world.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Badmedia what i meant was that I don't know what a soul consist of or it's matter but I know that it's spiritual and what Iv'e felt communion do for my insides is supernatural literally.

Neither you nor anyone else will tell me otherwise. I haven't been to communion in a long time but I know what Iv'e felt.

Now as for Denver. In my own mind he's better then me. I feal everybody is, doesn't mean I don't love myself.

peace.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Badmedia what i meant was that I don't know what a soul consist of or it's matter but I know that it's spiritual and what Iv'e felt communion do for my insides is supernatural literally.

Neither you nor anyone else will tell me otherwise. I haven't been to communion in a long time but I know what Iv'e felt.

Your soul is a piece/bit of the father. It is the father "within" you. This is in all of us, and it is all connected back to a single father(god), the virgin. Jesus realized and understood this, and that is how the father was able to speak through him. This is explained in John 14:20.

So 2 births, one birth is of the flesh, the other birth is of the soul/spirit/consciousness.

This is why when you sin, it is a sin against god. Because you are sinning against the father that is also inside that other person.

You can't really explain or use logic in anyway to say what it is exactly. Part of what makes it divine. All things in the universe we can figure out laws that are being followed, and actions and reactions. But not soul/consciousness. It is not a result of creation, nor a result of logic. It is what observes creation and creates logic. Science pretty much ignores it.

Now as for Denver. In my own mind he's better then me. I feal everybody is, doesn't mean I don't love myself.

Well you shouldn't and have no reason too. Equals/brothers is the truth. We all have our own talents and expertise, but in the end all are equal.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Yea I agree

But about being better.

It's what communion did for my soul. There are sereval stages of humility and communion shows me myself and it's unexplainable.

Like Peter said he would never deny God. Then he did and realized he has no strength without grace.

so anyways I never put myself above others if it seems like it, t's not true. Infact I'm a follower mentality not leader., at church I sit way in the back, never want attention, and would rather listen to someone holier then me then to preach.

It's just I'm the only Catholic in here.

peace.

[edit on 14-3-2009 by JesusisTruth]

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

But that is just the thing, nobody is "holier" than another. All are equal. You are in effect taking the word of other men over the word of god. You are putting someone above you in a place they do not belong.

Psalm 82

1God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:16 PM
link   

No one is holier than you but one. That's a dangerous thought.

Ro:3:10: As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:
Ro:3:11: There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Ro:3:12: They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one.

God Bless.

top topics

join