It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MEN of ATS/BTS: Give us your best proposal ideas!! Don't be shy!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I thought this would be interesting. We have a HUGE amount of different attitudes and personalities on this site. We have been in many debates, things get heated, personal bias comes into play, emotions run high, etc... and now its time to bring out a different side of yourself. So guys, tell all the ladies of ATS how you WOULD or DID propose to the one you love!

Here is mine:

When I FINALLY find one that I am willing to give EVERYTHING to here is what I would do. Since I will want someone who has common interests, I forsee the following.

Plan a great day, up early, breakfast together and then a nice long day hike in a place that is damn near breathtaking. A place I love to go and know she would be excited to see, BUT I will lead her to believe that I am not real sure where I am or where I am going. That way I can bring a map of the area. Now we hike all day up to the peak/top of this place with the beautiful view, BUT I lead her to believe I am kind of lost. Actually walk her in circles, get her SORT of mad thinking, where in the hell is he going, or what is he doing. When I see that frustration, I know that's my queue!

I pull out the map, open it and look at it. Even though I am not lost, and know exactly where I am going I turn it, read it, just seem to get frustrated...THEN I tell her."look, I am not sure where we are, but if you can read the map better then me, then here, you read it"! I hand her the semi-folded map..and when she opens it up to see if she can figure it out...BAM...there it is written in big black letters...WILL YOU MARRY ME! She reads it, the frustration goes from "pissed" to HOPEFULLY overcome with emotion as she figures out I was full of it, see's me on a knee and holding her ring.

That kind of view, damn near touching the sky and being that close to GOD the day we realize its now forever...how do you beat that...

Head home to the shower...spend A WHILE in there..lol. Have a great dinner, rent a good movie, cuddle up and until I get that close to GOD again, know that she's the one I will grow old with!

So there, thats my way...

[edit on 3/11/2009 by rcwj75]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Mine was more like a treasure hunt...
I wrote post-its all over the house..each one had a short verse on it by way of a clue leading to the location of the next. I had about 15. By the tenth one she was getting quite ticked off, but I urged her to keep going. The last one was stick to the ring with the message 'will you marry me'
She wasnt ticked anymore...well...maybe just a little...she was expecting to find a chocolate bar at the end.

[edit on 12/3/2009 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Here's mine.....

We were on a vacation in Myrtle Beach, SC (great place) for a week. I had already decided I was going to propose that week, so everything was ready to go and waiting for the right time. One afternoon, we had gone to an outdoor shopping center that features a large lake which offers gondola rides.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a80367c9ce0e.jpg[/atsimg]

I booked us a ride for after dinner and waited. So we are out on the gondola in the moonlight and the guy on the back is singing and everything is great and I figure it's about as good a time as I'll get to pop the question. The guy tells us that when we go under the approaching bridge that we should kiss because it is considered good luck, so when we pass under the bridge I pop down on one knee and ask her to marry me.

Seemed to work out.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 11:28 AM
link   
You could put the ring in the same box as the pre-nup.

(Run, while there's still time.)

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Wow how elaborate of ideas,well don't ask me for ideas,I just asked wife to marry me,she said yes,were married 27 yrs,so worked for a while anyway lol

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Heeeey! I like you! Let's get married on saturday!? Yaaaaay!

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
my wife came home early and blew it. she walked in on me and 4 dozen roses.

I was going to make a path of petals pointing into the livingroom. In the living room I was going to have a giant rose petal question mark with the ring, sitting in the open box, as the dot at the bottom.

instead she got me, knee, and my question.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I'm from Australia.

While holidaying in the US and Canada for six weeks and being with 'her' for 3 years i thought if i didn't propose it would be an opportunity wasted.

So Christmas Eve 2007 we were in Niagara Falls (a place she loves) and I told her i had a special Christmas present for her. We went for a trip in a helicopter above the falls and that is where i pulled out the ring. Asking was a little difficult on the voice activated headsets.

"I... chsss... you. Will you... chssss... me?"

She got the point haha. In absolute tears and she had no idea. She loves surprises so i can tell you it was well orchestrated ha.

We were married in November last year.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Whatever you do...dont hide the ring in a milkshake....
Gulp! She swallowed her own engagement ring
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4859fbbee314.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Oh dammit!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Mine was more like a treasure hunt...
I wrote post-its all over the house..each one had a short verse on it by way of a clue leading to the location of the next. I had about 15. By the tenth one she was getting quite ticked off, but I urged her to keep going. The last one was stick to the ring with the message 'will you marry me'
She wasnt ticked anymore...well...maybe just a little...she was expecting to find a chocolate bar at the end.

I did something very similar, as my wife is into riddles, so each clue was actually a rhyming riddle....eventually leading to the ring...

I actually wanted to get one of those movie screen ads for it, and have it come up right before a movie (do a nice dinner, go to the movies)...but got a lot of runaround from the theaters (or lack of followup from them)...so nixed it.

It's a bit cliche', but a friend of mine did it with a custom fortune cookie at a nice Chinese restaurant...

My personal favorite: a Sports jumbtron proposal, or skywriting....plane banner....

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Just curious..why do men have to be the ones to propose?
Enough of this old fashioned crap.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Welcome back from your hiatus, AD. I don't know too many women who have proposed but I suppose it's not out of the question.

Ohhh, I made a funny.

These absolutely adorable stories you guys have presented are totally endearing. Big star and thumbs up to one and all.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Welcome back from your hiatus, AD. I don't know too many women who have proposed but I suppose it's not out of the question.

Ohhh, I made a funny.

These absolutely adorable stories you guys have presented are totally endearing. Big star and thumbs up to one and all.

Back with bells on honey.
I didn't propose to my ex..nor he to me.
I simply planned the wedding and demanded he showed up dressed appropriately.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Back with bells on honey.

And firing on all cylinders...as always

Best of luck to Mr Denied. With a proposition like that I know I wouldnt be game to not show up.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

that would be EX Mr. Denied.
he is the reason for my username.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Our city zoo has an amazing light festivel every year. Over 2 million lights or something like that. Ice sculptures, music etc.

So I took my wife there, walked around for 2 hours in the freezing cold, trying to find the right spot to pop the question.

Then I found it. They have a HUGE Christmas tree... this thing has to be 100 ft or bigger.

So I said to her, "This is amazing isn't it, I love you so much and am very happy to be with you, will you marry me?"

She was very surprised had no idea it was coming. She took the ring and put it on, we hugged and stood there for a minute or so, and I then finally had to say... "so.... you didn't give me an answer"... she laughed and said " oh yeah, Yes, yes I will".

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:04 AM
link   

I didn't propose to my ex..nor he to me.
I simply planned the wedding and demanded he showed up dressed appropriately.

that's great....

The above reminded me, would be hard to pull off, but in a major city, and you could get enough people in a building to do it, spell out will u marry me with lighted windows of an office building at night....

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

what's better is I made the best man drive him to the church in his beat up pick up truck..while my maid of honor and I got picked up in a stretch limo.
damn I'm good.

posted on Mar, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   

what's better is I made the best man drive him to the church in his beat up pick up truck..while my maid of honor and I got picked up in a stretch limo.
damn I'm good

Why do I hear a whip cracking?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join