It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Groundwork Has Already Been Laid for Martial Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Don't know if this has been posted yet.....

During his two terms in office, George W. Bush stepped outside the boundaries of the Constitution and assembled an amazing toolbox of powers that greatly increased the authority of the Executive branch and the reach of the federal government. Bush expanded presidential power to, among other things, allow government agents to secretly open the private mail of American citizens; authorize government agents to secretly, and illegally, listen in on the phone calls of American citizens and read our e-mails; assume control of the federal government following a "catastrophic event"; and declare martial law.

the rest is here
www.rutherford.org...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Domestic surveillance has been scaled back by quite a bit since the first USA PATRIOT Act.

Legislators have been fighting to reverse these changes ever since. I wish them luck and success in the future.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I'm sure it has before - but I say Heck Yeah!!!

They have given us the rope to hang their rotting corrupt MIC system from!

Just get a man of Real conscience in the Oval Office - have him DECLARE MARTIAL LAW - and trim the fat, baby!

This could actually be done - the Constitution could be restored back to it's intended, pre-Twentieth Century state!

At that time a man who loves the Constitution - and what it stands for - could voluntarily give up his emergency powers...

(but not before revoking those executive granted unconstitutional powers as his last act of Benevolent Tyranny!)

We the people can make this happen - sadly tho - we likely won't take this grand opportunity to finally set things right!

[edit on 11-3-2009 by TruthMagnet]

new topics

join