It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrants might get stimulus jobs, experts say

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

It seems to me that Canada has its own accountability for the treatment of the Canadian side of Native Americans. And that it is about as bad as ours. Which rivals ours if not worse.

yes you are correct
and here's the thing though
I Won't deny it nor do I think me or any other canadian citizen own this land, nope it belongs to the natives just like the U.S. does.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I think what happens in the past has already been written. So, no sense in crying over spilt milk.
From what I gather from reading post here and other threads. It seems like every other country relies on the U.S economy and when its bad we get the heat.
There are NO jobs in the U.S. Most if not all major factories have moved overseas. So when you have Illegal's crossing the border in droves, yes it is quite irritating.
Especially when the majority of the money earned never see's the the U.S economy.With other countries involved with the U.S economy, it will affect you indirectly, so you should have a problem with illegal immigrants crossing our border. There are over 13 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. . And almost 1 million legal citizens losing there jobs every 2 months.
It will only be an issue when it affects you personaly but until then it is always someone else's problem. That is the mentality we have these days. What a shame.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

yes, my qualms are with how the Indians are being treated now. Which is nothing but atrocious.

yes, what happened in the past was bad, but nothing can be done about it. But what is going on now is a major problem, that no one seems to talk about.

But if you want to keep going on with your arguement that no one owns anything, the natives don't own it either.

And someone is gonna take it. If it wasn't one country it would of been another. What the Europeans did was bad but another race could of meant total annhilation.

The fact is, a group of people that comes in and forcibly takes another resources, is bound to face some opposition.

Because quite frankly, if I am gonna support any group of people, it would be those in teh Sudan and other parts of Africa, whose plight is far worse.

The land may have been forcebaly taken, but the money was not. The money is what we have earned and created and nearly killed ourselves for.Americans work harder for their money then anyone else, and we pay dearly for it with shortened life spans and broken families.

You see the immigrants standing in line for handouts, not to enroll in the military. They are not paying for the police or firefighters, the landfills, and all the other benefits they take, jacking health costs sky high.From the money we have earned and no one else.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darth Logan
I think what happens in the past has already been written. So, no sense in crying over spilt milk.

no sense crying and also it's not right to simply deny or forget
maybe you don't understand
ever post I read, the tone sounds like denial

There are NO jobs in the U.S. Most if not all major factories have moved overseas. So when you have Illegal's crossing the border in droves, yes it is quite irritating.
Especially when the majority of the money earned never see's the the U.S economy.With other countries involved with the U.S economy, it will affect you indirectly, so you should have a problem with illegal immigrants crossing our border.

Most of the factories have moved overseas, but to dislike the people accepting the jobs is futile and will only promote derogatory comments.

No you or I should NOT have a problem with illegal immigrants, why focus on the symptom and not the root of the problem?

The problem is shareholders wanting to save money so they send jobs overseas.

Look at this
21,000 mistakenly allowed past U.S. border in 2006, report says
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I made that thread, I made that almost 2yrs ago
see my second post, I never ever speak of the symptoms of problems only roots.

It confuses me so much why so many others don't do that.
Such a waste of time.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I kinda had a suspision, something like this was gunna happen..the stimulus was to benefit illgal criminal aliens, andstep pn hard working, honest american citizens.
When i was 14, my grandmother got me a job at a local food store, Grade A market. Most employees were POlish or Guatemala...
I wa supopsed to be 16 years of age, by CT law in oreder to have a job. Manager knew my grandmotehr so sso set something up...
Few years later, i was 18, my g/f was visitng ehre from POland, and wanted to work..she was on a temp visa. Tlaked to manager their and siad he'll see what he can do abuot setting something up. I talked her out of it...in other words fake SS numbers... The manager in my CVS store i work now, does the same thing. We have illegla immigrants working thier, 2 form Guatemala, and they are getting paychecks. I dont know how it works, but the state may not care about it, obvisouly.
SO! Wht ive learned? The ssytem favors cheap hard working labor, than its own citizins...this is all ive learned outta it.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Next_Heap_With

you my friend have some issues....racist and xenophobic issues....

i wonder how many "Illegal Immigrants" died for you and your freedom....

get over yourself, this world is not yours...north american is not yours..
stop acting like a patriot and start acting like a human...

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

Nice u2u.

Far from racist. I never specified a particular race. just the facts regarding the illegal entry into this country, so get your facts straight before you make innacurate comments.

You aren't being affected by the circumstances surrounding the issue in this country, so you speak from total inexperience. Most people lately have been out of work due to the economy. I have been out of work and competing for jobs in construction for way longer due to the overload of ilegal imigrants.

They are basically stealing from me and every other hard working American. No different than me kicking in your door and taking what's yours. According to the laws it's illegal wich makes it a crime.I would be punished to the fullest extent of the law if I did anything

For starters many of these so called humans you sympathize with are nothing more than criminals fleeing their country for a horrific crime they commited. Besides the fact that the cultural differences are a major issue which is turning America into a 3rd world scumhole.

As for the people trying to make an honest living, I have no problem but come here legally so we know the criminal background status of people we need to protect our children from.

Live it, Learn it, Then comment on it.Your opinion is absolutely irrelevant and if you aren't being affected by it, then your just blowing wind out your flesh flaps.

Goodbye

[edit on 9/3/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation
They are basically stealing from me and every other hard working American. No different than me kicking in your door and taking what's yours.

Dude your point of focus is misplaced and misguided
my above post explains why

people never learn man,... unbelieavable

btw, illegal immigrants taking jobs I guarantee you wouldn't at all be a problem if the govt. wasn't robbing the people.

Focus on the root of the problem PLEASE PEOPLE

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
From same article
www.usatoday.com

"The version of the stimulus bill passed by the House of Representatives included a provision requiring employers to check immigration status with the E-Verify system before hiring. The Senate did not include such a provision, and it was not in the version sent to President Obama. The Obama administration has delayed until at least May 21 a Bush administration executive order requiring federal contractors to use the E-Verify system in hiring. It had been scheduled to take effect in January. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce filed suit seeking to block the requirement, joined by the Associated Builders and Contractors and other business organizations.

The business groups and immigrant advocacy groups argue that the E-Verify database is riddled with errors that could result in millions of workers being wrongly identified as not authorized for work. They say requiring its use before hiring would impose a cost burden on employers and open them to lawsuits."

If you want more information on the statics of illegal immigration and what you can do to help, go to:
www.numbersusa.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   

oh puleeaseeee
come on man
they are human beings just like you and I

this land does not belong to you sorry to tell you

did you know some mexicans have native blood in them
that means they have more rights to live here than you do!

yes sir!

I already know your stance on the issue and respect that it's your opinion, but please answer me this. "Have YOU personally and your family , ever been affected by people in your country illegally?"

You are talking about Mexicans. Who ever mentioned Mexicans? Besides you have no Idea who the natives may have murdered to posess the land before.

As far as your idiotic idealogy that an illegal immigran has more rights to this land is just dumbfounded. My ancestors came here via Ellis island in the late 1800's-1900's.

I personally was born here which makes me a native of this country and it's laws and am a legal born citizen. So how does someone born in another country who illegaly violates the laws of this land and the rights of the inhabitants in it, have more rights than me?

Just because people can accomplish something doesn't mean it should be done. I want to prosper from my current situation just as bad as them. Are you insinuating I should start a life of crime. maybe I should sell drugs, or rob people at gunpoint. Just do a push in robbery and tie up the owners and keep the house. You seem to condone illegality as long as it isn't affecting you and your family.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I understand your point regarding the Government and believe me I know they're the biggest source of problems. Since you have the answer, tell me how us Americans should go about correcting it. All that protest nonsense and anything else you speak of is useless.

The only change would be to put in an entirely new government and that would happen only by force. Don't for one minute try to tell me about voting them out because that's all rigged, Whoever they want in there will be in there. Aside from the government, I personally have been financially affected in the tune of over 2 1/2 yrs and $130,000.00 and climbing to date.

So if you think illegal immigrants have nothing to do with or aren't affecting me in a corrupt manipulative and unjust fashion, your dead wrong. I'm screwed from some criminal who took me for a ride. Any day you want to come by I have so much documentation to prove who's innocent.

Give me the answer, please. You seem to know so much about the problem that you should know the solution.

I'll be waiting on the answer to the solution.

Immigration Counters I personally bet the numbers are higher.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

The land may have been forcebaly taken, but the money was not. The money is what we have earned and created and nearly killed ourselves for.Americans work harder for their money then anyone else, and we pay dearly for it with shortened life spans and broken families.

You see the immigrants standing in line for handouts, not to enroll in the military. They are not paying for the police or firefighters, the landfills, and all the other benefits they take, jacking health costs sky high.From the money we have earned and no one else.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by nixie_nox]

Americans work harder???? Are you serious?

Is that why corporations outsource their jobs to other countries? These people work in environments with very difficult and dangerous conditions. For how much? Next to nothing. Want to know where? Look at the tag of your shirt.

You see immigrants standing in line for handouts, I see them standing outside of home depot at 5:00 in the morning trying to get work. Funny thing is I don't see any unemployed Americans who are "paying dearly for their hard work" standing there.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Im trying to understand your logic behind all of this.It's not denial, its history that I appreciate and embrace. But how can I change what happened in the past??? It is nonsense to dwell in the past. The Time Is NOW!

If you focus on the root of problems. Maybe we should focus on why Mexico has such a poor economy and there people are fleeing their own country and stealing jobs from American citizens.
I do not condone anything Illegal, so I do have a problem with Illegal Immagrants.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Darth Logan]

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Darth Logan]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Im trying to understand your logic behind all of this.It's not denial, its history that I appreciate and embrace. But how can I change what happened in the past??? It is nonsense to dwell in the past. The Time Is NOW!

If you focus on the root of problems. Maybe we should focus on why Mexico has such a poor economy and there people are fleeing their own country and stealing jobs from American citizens.
I do not condone anything Illegal, so I do have a problem with Illegal Immagrants.

Thank you. I said something to the effect of that in his thread.

He's blaming America. Why is nobody blaming the countries they come from that don't care about them? I don't want to be in the same circumstances. They are changing the face of this country and the lifestyle we were raised with in a negative way.Yet I should have to seffuer and feed all these people while they're making it almost impossible to feed my own.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Revealation

The U.S. is a great scapegoat, with the turmoil we are in now it makes it very easy put the blame on us.
Everyone is at fault with our current situation, all governments not just one!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Wow, what a mess this discussion devolved into. Anyone around who hates Americans?

More on topic I guess. The requirement to verify legal status was originally in the Document as passed by the House and was removed in the Senate very purposefully. No mistake here, just a Party who has decided to give other peoples money away to whoever they damn well please.

We are now second rate citizens in our own country.

To those of you who want to live in the past and blame people for things they had nothing to do with, get some help for your hate. It is a mental disorder. That much hate is a terrible burden to carry around all day. I'm sure somewhere, somebody in your family tree did something horrible so this holier than thou crap is just that, CRAP

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Woa this sure kicked into gear since I went to bed earlier.

Modern Academia, I feel I need to tell you this, and I say it with the upmost respect.... &^*# You!!!
This isnt your country, you dont live here, you arent a part of what we have to deal with everyday, you dont have to pay for these people, you dont have to be the only legal American living on your street, you dont have to compete with millions of illegals in order to recieve a job to feed your family.

All you have to do, is sit back and make a fool out of yourself trying to explain to us how everything works in our state(that you dont live in)and is all our fault and that we should be more compassionate. We have been compassionate for a good time now, giving them a chance to turn themselves around, they havent done it. Maybe if you stepped foot out here just one day, you would understand.

I see some of your posts from time to time, and I truly believe you hate America with a passion and this site gives you the perfect opportunity to vent on how you feel. Let me be the first to tell you, We Dont Care What You Think About Our Country! So keep sitting back and judging us about something you know nothing about. Thanks.
And remember, the upmost respect =)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Lucidclouds, tell tahtt o a friend of mine who does that right now.. not seeing any ahrd worknig americans standing out in front of home depot.... HE is full blooded american, an unliscensed electrician....he's been going to local home depot afternoon times with a big sing, looknig for wrok. why? Becasue contractors he worked with all chose to keep illegal aliens, whom were electrcians without liscenses jsut like him, becuae they wored hard, but for less money. His unemployment is running out,a nd teh ssytem dosnt wanna do nuting else for him, at all. Yet, its ok for comoanys to hire illegal immigrants, the same ones who ususaly form posse gangs and literally dont give a flying eff abuot us americans. AT my retail job, no lie, ive seen theft, all from illgals. Hard wroking ones, like me, honest are treated poorly, becuase i make more money than them. SO, here we have ganag activity theft and violience brought over the boared, promoted ahead fo us all, and us hard working honest people, who wait in line and PAY for our purchases get the shaft....

Let the businesses and corporationss fail..they can bring as many illgals in as they wnat, but if us americans aitn buyin form them, sooner or later, that business will be forced to lay them off too then

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

Funny I think I do too...LOL. And have a right to vote and as much right to free speech as you do. I also have much to agree with Modern Academia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Weird hun? IM AMERICAN....I geuss one of those ones who are tring to be nice to other humans. After that what would make us different than evil?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:16 AM
link   
What's so surprising about that? Just give them more of what they came for. It pisses me off to see how many of them are taking what we American tax paying citizens deserve. They are illegal, they knowingly broke the law when they snuck across the border and they benefit from it, meanwhile, American citizens who are out of work and have had pay and benefit cuts are just s.o.l. when it comes to anything besides an unemployment check.

Why don't they stay there and work as all of our corporations are moving plants down there? Because they moved for cheap labor so they don't want to work for them.

I don't have a problem with anyone coming to our country and making a living. My grandparents did, but then again, they did it LEGALLY and learned to speak English. It's the illegal part and the unwillingness to learn English I have a problem with.

[edit on 3/10/09 by opal13]

[edit on 3/10/09 by opal13]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by lucidclouds

You cant be nice to someone who spits in your face and walks all over you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join