It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harassed by police for walking around my own neighbourhood

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BRQuick

I guess it's just what the world has come to.

But, which is worse?

Being watched when you're doing nothing wrong, but catching criminals in the act of committing a crime or beforehand as a result of the general watching of people?

Those that Give Up Freedom For

Security- Deserve Neither

Freedom or Security!!

peace

[edit on 9-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I feel i have always had security in my life.. Paid my taxes been a great US citizen. Lived in the mid of Il. all my life but being born on a military base in tacoma washington.. never have i been treated like this nor have i ever thought of something so dishonest to have me probed so to say... Garuntee these people of higher powers look down upon what i am for no reason at all. Just to thought.. It's very hard for me being a tax payer since the age of 14 and i am now 30 soon to be 31 this year in june... It is hard to realize something is wrong with the perfect life i thought i lived..
I am not happy.. guess im just a statistic then

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hate to reply after myself but i am butt hurt so to say. This thing i have been paying taxes for, for so long should be looking out for me right? I feel very disturbed about this and for my new found companions at ats.( i shouldnt say as i am new) all ofyour peoples info like it was my own. I feel so obligated to help my friends and family more then ever. Is this what my government wanted? For me to disrespect everything i have always learned?

I am sorry, trying to speak out what i feel has been lost as an American..

Maybe I should move to where my taxes and so called funds could do something for someone other then me and the power of my government to spy on me.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by lighter78]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

Are you kidding me lol, at least they didn't search you. Me my brother and a neighbour was stoped in our car right next to my house by PIGS just because we drived through PARS park. I asked them why and they said: "it is an infamous area". I was like wtf. So they went on and search all of us, next thing they searched the car. I asked them if they had the right to search us and the car for no reason, they said: "under article" this and that "we do have the right". Humiliated in front of my own house, all our shirts were taken off, so they could take a look at our tatoos. The bastards has done this 3 times around my own hood not to mention in town. They can do what ever they want unfortunatly and we can't do nothing about it. Well we can but we all know it is way more trouble if you do something, rather than do nothing.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Get a load of friends round and all go out enmass, in a group and just wander aimlessly till a policy car turns up and say " we're just out for some exercise, you know keep fiot and all that. Officer"

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ownification

Hi guys, long time reader, just joined up recently...

Ownification, I know what you mean. The same thing happened to me a couple of years back - not as bad, but still harrassment in front of my house, actually on my land.

I was coming home from seeing my girlfriend (now my wife) late at night in my sports car (yeah, I know, instant attraction for coppers) and I see these two headlights following me inside my quiet neghbourhood towards my house.

Because my sports car is a bit low, I had to do the "angled-driving-up-the-driveway" entry. As soon as I did that, it looked like they stepped on their accelerator to try to stop me. Maybe they thought I was trying to do a U-turn to get away from them (I live in a close-type street).

Anyway I got a bit startled at this behaviour and I continued going up my driveway as it was obvious to them I couldn't go anywhere else.
As soon as I get out of my car they were already out of their car and were like, "Can I see your license please?". I just said "What's the problem? I live here!".

So I showed them my license after they asked again (aggressively mind you). So after they saw that I lived there they picked up a newspaper lying on the driveway and threw it at me while saying, "Mate, you should get a real job!". They both left laughing at me after that and got in their car and drove off.

I was just standing there asking myself WTF just happened?
I mean passing judgement like I didn't have a real job just because I'm arriving home late at night?

[edit on 10-3-2009 by qriousiti]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutty_Rag

Sounds like most of the cops I ever talked to.

Had to go to court against one once for a trumped up story, he was alone in his car and there were no witnesses.

Next time get his name and badge number and make a blogger site about the incident.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   
It's amazing how many people I speak to have a very negative and suspicious view of the police - most show distrust and many show fear.

This thread only serves to back that up. Granted this is ATS so what do we expect huh - but seriously, the sentiments here seem only to echo what I hear from the people I talk to everyday.

How did this happen. I remember when I was a kid, sure some people had a problem with the police, but most respected and trusted them.

You had a problem, called them, they'd show up, call you sir or madam, act politely and sympathetically and generally do exactly what you would expect them to do. If they did bother you in the street, in my experience, it was generally to ask if you were OK or needed any help.

Police used to help old ladies cross the street, give you a lift to a garage if your car broke down, help you look for your dog if it ran away from home...

This isn't some fantasty, this is what I remember as a kid - this stuff happened and not so long ago.

We used to know the local police, a couple of guys would stop in for a cup of coffee and a chat when on street patrols on our housing estate - now I couldn't name one policeman in our town and don't think I've even seen the same face twice.

I think it is really sinister how the situation seems to have deteriorated into an 'us and them' scenario.

How and why has this happened? Why can we no longer rely on the people who are meant to protect us? Why do we fear we will be victimised or prosecuted when we are innocent?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
You said it yourself... prostitution is prevelant there, so you should be glad that the police are out and watching for "johns" trying to pick women up.

You did nothing wrong and obviously wasn't arrested, so what?

See, this is what we are up against in this world.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
They asked, quite nicely, why I was about at 3am.

So what you are basically saying, is that if you choose to sleep during the day and roam at night even though you might have the most innocent of intentions, you are basically under lock down and accepting you will have hassle in your life, and will not have the freedoms others have. And it serves a person right, because they wish to go out of step with the rest of us. it is not good for us to be sleeping with such people out roaming.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
You took that very well. I am sick of the over suspicious police and CCTV at every bl**dy corner!!! And I am also sick of people saying if I haven't got anything to hide what is my problem.
Well here are my problems

1. I like my privacy and hate being watched.
  2. At the rate that this government makes things illegal I may be doing something wrong very soon as I have no intention of changing my ways for them.
  3. I do not know all the laws I may be doing something wrong without knowing.
  4. I like to remain unknown and be just another face in a crowd of faces that are unknown, I don't want records on me.
  5. And finally maybe I am doin something wrong, OK I am not but I have no faith in my government and I may just decide one day that illegal things need doing.

And what right do the police have to ask me what I am doing without any evidence I am doing something wrong. If you ask me Dutty Rag controlled himself very well. I would not take it well being bothered by the cops.

Instead of wasting time with spying on us all the time and interrupting the lives of normal people they should start trying to catch; paedos, rapists and murderers before they get the chance to strike multiple times instead of after.
Ah well rant over (for now
).

Edit: spelling error.

[edit on 11/3/2009 by Cauch1]

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I was at the store yesterday. My wife likes to diddle doddle and I have learned long ago not to try and push the wife down the isle and out the store so I just sit in my jeep and read a book.

So yesterday it was sunny. I decided to park next to the side of the building that blocked the sun. I pulled out my book (Flight of the Intruder - Good book) and read while I waited.

About 30 minutes later a cop rolls up and asks in a very rude tone what I was doing. I told him I was reading a book waiting for my wife. He then asked if I had ID. I asked him why he was asking. I was at a store waiting for my wife reading a book. It is uncommon for a man to wait in his car for his wife I asked?

He asked me if I was getting smart with him. I then asked him what he meant by that? I told him I was asking why he needed to see my ID and if he did why he was not getting out of his car to get it?

He then said he was going to run my plate. I said whatever makes you feel better and I rolled up my window.

I sat there for another 10 minutes and so did he. I had no idea it took that long to run a plate. The wife called so I started my jeep and went around the corner to pick up my wife. I get out to put the bags in the car and the cop comes speeding around the corner and threw on his lights.

He jumps out and yells at me and asks me why I left. At that point I told my wife to go inside and get the manager of the store. I then told the cop he didn't tell me not to move and didn't have his lights on. He was just sitting behind me. I told him he was being foolish and provoking a situation where there should be none.

I then got back in my car and refused to answer anymore questions. He then ordered me out of the car and demanded my ID. At that point the manager came out with my wife. I told my wife to gather witnesses as I was standing there getting my ID ran through the computer. I then asked the cop if he ran my plate and if so why did he need my ID?

The manager then asked me what was going on. I then told the manager I was waiting for my wife and we spend money at his store at least two times a week. If this is how we are treated we will go somewhere else. By this time my wife gathered a few people to witness the confrontation.

The manager asked the cop what I did. The cop told him I looked suspicious sitting on the side of the store. The manager told him I didn't look suspicious now. "Even if he did you he can see now that he was just there waiting for his wife." He then asked the cop to end the situation as it was causing a scene and kind of embarrassing a loyal customer. The manager was actually trying to be really nice to the cop.

The cop refused to back down. I just shook my head. I then told the cop he was being very foolish now. He then screamed at me and asked if I wanted to be arrested for disorderly conduct. The few witnesses were shocked at his abusive attitude and one told him to calm down. The manager then stepped between us and told the cop to knock it off. The cop asked him who he thought he was. The manager said he was the manager of the property the cop was standing on and he wanted him to leave. I kind of smirked at that one.

So he got in his car and left with my ID...
I am like what the hell? So today I go down to the police station and ask for my ID and they have no idea what I am talking about. So I call the store manager and ask him to explain the situation to the cop in charge.

They then call the cop and ask him where my ID is. He told the cop in charge that it was in his cop car he used the night before. He was never asked why it was not given back and I had to wait another 20 minutes for them to run down my ID.

Now I live in this city. The cop ran my plate and knew I was just blocks from my home. I am 40 and look like a book worm and I still get hassled by the jerk...
This leads me to believe we are living in a police state or close to one…

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

That is just how you should have behaved. You stood your ground and didn't let that cop push you around. The problem is most people are afraid of the police and won't do anything to upset them in case it lands them is even more trouble.

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by northof8

Way to go on standing firm whilst being infuriatingly polite

I've found that such a tactic works very well, particulary requesting the officers name, rank, and number in exchange for your own personal details

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
You know, I have a friend that had a really bad experience with the cops not to long ago.

There was a gathering of kids in is garage and one of the mothers came over in a fit of rage thinking there was a club fight going on. She went into the garage and cornered all the kids screaming lie an idiot. She did not assault them but did block the exit.

She then said she was going to call the police. Not only did she do that but she dialed 911.

The bottom line here is that she had already found her son, he was unharmed and this guys garage was finished with a pool table and a workout room. All the kids were doing were shooting pool.

When the cops arrived she said there was drinking going on along with other allegations and she was threatened by all the children.

So now the cops show up and take this womans word for it. The owner of the home trys to talk to the cops and the woman and the cops tell him t back off in a tone of voice like they want to arrest him.

He gets pissed and tells them he wants to press charge for unlawful entry. The cops tell him he is wasting his time but he insists.

So, he gets a copy of the report, puts up a website and defends himself in the public arena. He then gets an e-mail from the chief of police saying he would like a meeting. My friend outlines on the site that he has filed an FOIA on the 911 call.

So the chief lets him listen to the phone call and my friend is livid. No where on the 911 was there anything about drinking booz, doing drugs or some of th other allegations in the report. She also said her son was missing on the 911 but by that time she had already found him safe. Not only that but this child is 18!

So now she making up stuff because she knows the first allegation is false.

So now my friend tells the cops he is pissed. He explains that he is a reserve cop and that really gets things going.

Now his problem is that he is thinking about not posting the 911 call to contrast the lies in the police report for fear of embarrassing the woman's children. I kind of understand that but them again he was embarrassed in front of all of his neighbors because this woman went on the nut in his garage and in front of the home. He is really conflicted.

The 911 call would be devastating as far as proving she lied and the cops jumped the gun on that day.

The guy did a good job showing the contradictions in this womans statements in the report alone and that is why the chief called. He took pictures of his garage and posted them to show how it was finished and there was no room for a fight club. The cops on scene really screwed up this one. They vilified this guy and treated this woman like she was the victim.

Should he post the 911 for all to hear?

I think a few crimes were commited here.

1. She called 911 and it was a false 911 because she had already found her son.
2. It is proven the entire report is false so she gave a false police report.
3. Both garage doors were closed so she did indeed trespass. Her son was 18 anyway.
4. We now found out she brought her minor child to the scene and her 15 year old daughter was trying to calm her mother down and she was slapped int he face. So now we have provable assault.

The cops will do nothing. I am thinking she is connected somehow?

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I live in Texas, not London, but that's been happening to me for years. I'd say its happend since I was a freshman in high school, and that was 1999-2000.

I remember walking home from a friends house one day and seeing a cop down the street. For whatever reason, I thought to myself I should walk the other way; however, ignoring that intuition I kept walking, where the cop proceeded to talk to me. I remember telling both my mom and dad that I had a feeling that it would come back on me.

About a week later, two detectives came and talked to me at school about a bulgary in the neighborhood. Now mind you, I was in class at the time it took place, and, they could have easily verified this. However, they did not, wasting my time and theirs, also making me miss stuff in class.

I guess probably two years later, just walking in the neighborhood, a cop just pulls up and starts talking to me about something. Luckily for me though, my parents weren't to far behind me and he quickly left.

This has happend to me numerous times in the neighborhood. It really pisses you off after a while. You don't do anything wrong, yet, the police keep asking you questions and all that. If I was doing somethign wrong, it'd be different, but I'm just walking, because its good for me. Because of that, I don't really care for some of our town's cops. I suppose the only reason they don't bother me as much now is because my neighbors the county sherrif, has a lot of sway, and sticks up for me. If I didn't have that, who knows what could of happend.

posted on Mar, 22 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Well, I went out last night and bought a palm sized digital voice recorder. It's legal to record anything in public including police officers talking to you. I wish I had it when that cop rolled up on me.

The tone and tactics will only stop when people start recording everything and posting it on the web for all to hear.

As soon as a local hard a** is heard making wild accusations or harassing you and you post it on the web he instantly becomes suspect in the rest of the communities eyes.

My chief of police bent over backwards for my friend and practically begged him to take down his site and all my friend did was post the police report. He didn't even get to the 911 call that he has yet to receive from the cops. Because of the FOIA the cops know this guy has them by the whatevers...

I doubt they do anything close to that to him again.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by northof8
I am thinking she is connected somehow?

Aah the answer is revealed. She is sleeping with the chief
. It explains everything.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
They do that to everyone no matter what they like to pick a fight with anyone that's easy to and they make sure it happens from you such as a reaction to get you into trouble so that they can tag you and make you feel guilty like you've done something wrong when haven't.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Everyone knows what they can be like even my Bank doesn't like them cause of that.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join