It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you one of the 65% or 24%?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
According to a Fox news poll, "65 percent understand the government's money is their taxpayer dollars at work." While 24 percent think that the government has "plenty of its own money without using taxpayer dollars."

www.foxnews.com...

I am astonished there are so many people that are not aware that federal money comes from taxpayers. However it does explain why so many are in favor of all this government spending. It's just government monies, no big deal, they're rich!! Oh boy do people need to get a clue!!!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

Kinda funny that you mention this...i just made a thread about this subject...but a bit in my own terms...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Hi David, sorry I didn't see it.
Are you as surprised as I was? Seriously, how can some be so clueless?

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

You Ask: ... 'Are You One Of The 65% or 24%'

65 + 24 = 89

that other 11%... are they the ones which realize that the Private
Corporation of Banks known as the Federal Reserve are the ones spending our future tax monies...

Congress just approves, rubber-stamps what the Fed Reserve Banker cartel tell them to do.

President Obama's Stimulus and Reinvestment Acts are completely different from the bank bailouts, AIG rescues, and guarantees for bank
issuing new credit-swaps/interest-swaps even after the earlier
couple-of-Trillion swaps proved to be toxic garbage....

I'm on of the 11% who understand that the gov't, the people, the nation is being duped/taken/beaten with an idiot-stick again & again

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
While I agree that in theory, the money the Govt spends is ours... There was a thread on here a couple of days ago that described the fact that, through budgetary accounting, the Govts of our land have collected plenty, invested plenty, and have plenty hiding behind the books.

So it is unclear whether the Govt has "plenty of its own money" or not.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Lets get real, as long as there is government you are going to pay taxes.

Would you rather your tax money be put back into society, or would you rather the gov use it for black projects and stuff that we will never benefit from?

If we didn't live under a system that puts personal wealth before the wealth of the community, as a whole, we wouldn't have to pay taxes to keep people from starving on our streets.

While under capitalism you will always have to have some form of welfare, which btw is only about 2% of the budget. It would be nice if capitalism supplied good paying work for all but it doesn't, due to it's very nature.

BTW 50% of your taxes go to the military, in one form or another, but I guess invading and occupying foreign countries is far more important then taking care of our own victims of this system...

Edit; Of course the gov has it's 'own' money. Do you think it takes those taxes and just spends them? Of course not, those taxes are invested before they're ever spent on anything. Even your local city gov does that. When a project, such as road improvement, is financed that money will be invested, and returned in profit, long before the project commences. That's why the process always takes so long.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by ANOK]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

And here I thought that other 11% were the ones either spending or receiving it so they could care less so long as it was still coming in.

Shows what I know, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
What percentage recognized that the government long ago ran out of "our" money and has been spending money that should belong to those of us lucky enough to still be alive in 30 years, and should belong to our children and even to our grandchildren (who, as a parent of a 3 year old and a 15 month old, I hope are still a good 25 to 30 years away!)? What percentage recognizes this and recognizes that our government is the theif of future prosperity, robbing our future generations blind and placing them into crushing debt before any of them have ever even taken their first step, let alone earned their first dollar?

*urge to violate T&C rising*

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I'm sorry I read Fox news and realized that this thread was useless.

Thanks for playing.

Oh yea Fox Noise is rotting your brain.

new topics

top topics

join