It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the study of UFO and Alien life is the most important thing we all can do

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sifa0187
star's and flag this post, wonderful, all those thoughts went threw my head from time to time and not all at once but through my life time and i totaly agree, but of course it takes money, people brave enough to make this happen and flight , well i'm willing to take action and make things happen because i'm pretty much sure there is alot of information out there and population willing to help us advance.

You are in luck. Read this.

MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer

March 6, 1:50 AM

Billionaire real estate investor and entrepreneur Robert Bigelow of Las Vegas, Nevada is now betting his bucks on MUFON to find valuable new knowledge about alien propulsion systems. Bigelow who has long been known to give millions of dollars to fund serious UFO research has just concluded a deal with MUFON to furnish rapid response teams of Field Investigators to be deployed within 24 hours to the scene of a major UFO event, the kind designated as Category 2 or 3 in the classification system devised by legendary UFO researcher Jacques Vallee. These are the rarer cases where either physical traces are left or physiological effects are caused in the witness. Bigelow has hired 50 top-flight scientists to assist MUFON in this endeavor to function as consultants and to do expensive lab analysis of alien materials gathered at the location of a UFO event. Bigelow, who never does anything on a small scale, a few years ago founded BAASS (Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies) with the incredibly ambitious goal of putting a commercial hotel up in orbit around the earth. He thinks that even one category 2 or 3 case if properly investigated can yield significant scientific paydirt. Whatever high-tech equipment needed by the investigators on the scene will be drop-shipped to them overnight by BAASS. These high-profile cases will be investigated using the strictest methods of scientific protocol. This is a new day for MUFON which from its inception has been a volunteer organization. Now its Field Investigators will be paid to do their work. Bigelow who has been known to keep his findings on the UFO subject secret has agreed per his contract with MUFON to hold nothing back from this organization that is revealed in the BAASS lab analysis of materials supplied by MUFON. This project which just launched on March 1st is code named SIP (for Star Impact Project) . It is a pilot experiment and will be reviewed on June 30th to see if it has proven successful enough to warrant funding for the rest of the year. Understandably there is a lot of excitement at MUFON Headquarters and among its membership. MUFON's stated mission is the scientific study of the UFO phenomenon for the benefit of mankind. Now with this major infusion of funds from Bigelow, it will be able to carry out this mission more efficiently and skillfully than ever before. And Bigelow possibly will get what he wants to forward his goal. How this will all work out is hard to guess. This is something that has never been tried before. They are moving into unchartered territory here. In any case, Bigelow's investing so heavily in MUFON's ability to make SIP a successful search and find operation for greater knowledge about alien technology is some extremely good PR for MUFON, and it sure will gain greater credibility in the eyes of the general public as a result.

Good news right?

Some of us will get to work with these guys. (actually already are.)

ZG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

I am ultimately informed on this subject.

I not only know some of the people whom worked on those videos, I am an astronomical illustrator, and science media person who has worked for NASA, SETI and other science organizations. I am one of the guys that explains such science to people, because I know it and are a subject authority.

I am also an amateur astronomer have built telescopes and observed deep sky for over 30 years. I model galaxies and planets in 3D and do illustrations for scientists to help them explain theory. Your videos don't really change my point of view.

I know the point you are making, but making the bed when your house is on fire might not be prudent.

ZG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by karl 12
reply to post by Xtrozero

I think your making a mistake in assuming the FTL contradiction just automaticaly refutes all the expert witness testimony and radar/sonar
corellated evidence.

If you were to look at the USO thread posted by another moderator you may conclude theres most likely an underground/undersea
'explanation of origin' for the many unknown objects that have been captured,plotted,tracked and corellated on radar/sonar over the years.

Many of these objects seemingly defy the known laws of aeronautics;travel in formation;execute right angle turns without slowing down:arrive at immediate stops from high speed and generaly display completely unprecedented flight characteristics and aerial manouverability - to write them all off just because of some
speculative opinion based on fuzzy logic and presumptuous reasoning seems a little irresponsible.

[edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12]

But alien life behind all that is just an assumption, and after a very long time we still have fuzzy data. We got nothing to actually put our hands on, so we can blame it on a conspiracy or we can say that just maybe there is no empirical data. BTW the extreme odds of intelligent life developing to deep space travel and then finding us is not fuzzy logic.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I expressed my personal appreciation to ZeroGhost via U2U (because i thought i was not able to add my two cents in a topic like this one), for bringing so much INTELLIGENCE to the board: maybe, i have been missing some serious stuff for too much time, I would call it the end of an withdrawal, some HARD one. But if that was the price to pay in order to get a thread like this one, then it was worthy. ZeroGhost, i am very impressed by your list, by your thought, by your approach to this subject matter. You are a GREAT.

i know you as poster and i know that you don't post very often. BUt your OP is worthy of some hundreds ones, and i am NOT joking.
Thank you for giving to us this perl.
On topic, all i can say is more questions than a statements: where (in every sense) would we be if our race was not so stupid to spend the majority of its resouces in WARS?

BUT

In the other hand, without an enemy to fight, in absence of a conflict, there is not strategy: strategy requires improvement, and while civil technology can wait, the military one CANNOT.
We are not an happy planet, in my humble opinion

In a scale between zero to ten i woud give to this thread TEN.
My very humble 2 € cents.

[edit on 7/3/2009 by internos]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
i think that there are aliens around but they wont come into contact with us because of all the viruses that go around, if we found them they would probably kill us. also on that theroy about the bio attack have u ever played pandemic 1 and 2. they way to beat the game is to leave it for ages like the goverment has done to us then start spreading diseases.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
reply to post by romanmel

I actually am not convinced many of the species we have had contact with have our best interests. Agendas are sometimes well outside of our own agenda to survive and advance. We are not the whole focus of these species by any stretch.

I am saying, that the study of the technologies, the accounts by thousands of people, scientists and officials, crashed hardware and encounter gifts and left behind technology and evidence can result in information we can assimilate into our own technology for advancement and good.

So far it has been horded for military, multinational corporate and political stratigic personal gain and superiority. That is the cork in the bottle!...

To arrive at the level of belief that these entities are potential enablers of advancement of humankind, requires faith in them as benevolent beings. I do not find any proof of that benevolent spirit in these beings. On the contrary, I find them to be aloof and distant. Not at all attributes endearing to produce trust, let alone faith.

Caution in ones approach to acceptance of these beings as benevolent in nature would be paramount. To blindly assume their good intentions could be disastrous to us. Deception should not only be considered a possibility but a probability for our own survival as a free and independent species.

As I stated earlier, it is my belief that these beings could even be evil in origin and destructive as such to man. I would contend that with this being a possibility, prudence would caution against wild speculation of their sharing any positive advancement of humankind’s nature.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

I'm so honored.

I remember having great discussions on your posts too. These are important issues and I know you too feel how important it is to find a light switch. Crawling around below knee level you can never seem to reach the switch. If I am going to discuss anything it needs to be interesting or inspirational to me. I prefer to reach a little higher for the switch like you.

In my head I am Garth on my knees, ("I'm not worthy..I'm not..Worthy..")

Seriously I sort of embarrass myself. I know better than to act like I know anything at all, but it just comes out. I want to express my knowledge and my heart both. Like most. I just get carried away. I just don't know yet who is doing the carrying.

You said;

...without an enemy to fight, in absence of a conflict, there is not strategy: strategy requires improvement, and while civil technology can wait, the military one CANNOT. We are not an happy planet, in my humble opinion

I agree my friend. I think however we have met the enemy, and he is us.
(Pogo).

The only way out of our situation left to us is to awaken. I just hope it is not a planetary NDE to do it. We can never know what will happen, but can sense something will. Like sub atomic particles. You can know the direction, but not the speed, or vice versa. Uncertainty is what keeps the universe from being "anywhere" at once. (that was small joke)

UFOs and Aliens are just the most obvious outward signs of potential change. There are many others. But why are these beings here? One reason I can think of...

In many parts of the world, on certain days, people gather quietly to see thousands of Butterfly's emerge from their crysalists and take to the sky. It is a sight to behold it is said. People come from around the world to watch.

If I was a visiting species and it was the hour of change for a world of emerging butterfly's, I would find a good place to sit and watch. It would no doubt be beautiful.

Thank you internos.

ZG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by deano09
have u ever played pandemic 1 and 2. they way to beat the game is to leave it for ages like the goverment has done to us then start spreading diseases.

Yup, the hard part is getting a near invisible virus to spread to each and every landmass first without detection. Then infect water sources, make it airbourne and highly contagious and "WHAM!", make it real deadly and watch the humans suffer.

Bye bye.

Game - Pandemic 2

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

I could not agree more.

The responsibility for awareness and our growth is ours.

I would tend to respect a race that did not wait for hand outs and made every effort with what it had.

We have so much we don't celebrate in ourselves. What put us all to sleep?

Are we waking?

ZG

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Very well said , I think that is one of the things I was trying to pass from the begginning too.

We need to fend for ourselves , and not simply change the names of the caretakers

True development will come from ourselves and our hard work , because noone should have more good interests in their hearts for us than our own selves.

If you look into our own culture , we are a lot conditioned to think that "salvation will come from the heavens" ... what do you think the sheeple will do if/when we are down on our knees because we let ourselves get into a mess that seems impossible to get out of (which would NOT be impossible , it would just take a drastic change of actions and real real slow hard work) and some ill-hearted race comes here saying they will save and develop us?

Yeah , they will probably rather take seemingly easy way out , falling into a trap that will be even harder to get out of...

I do not know if you believe in channeled message or not , even if you don't , the point of view of the Allies of Humanity message
( www.alliesofhumanity.org... ) is still valid.
So I highly recommend you to take a look if interested in more of this. Marshall Vian Summers even goes further to say we have already been suffering intervention for some time now. That is the book that changed my way of seeing all of the UFO phenomena , before it I would only look it at the single old way everyone sems to look at ("advanced races HAVE to be peaceful , we could use help from outside , etc" kind of thought ).

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Star and Flag!

www.rense.com...

The biological guide to extraterrestrials.

They are some cases listing kinds of extraterrestrials people claim they have seen.
Ok, for once lets take this as a fact. Lets say they really saw these beings.

How many people thought of using science and computer technology to study each race profile, break it down to the core elements, planetary nature, type of stars, type of planets, potential psychology and social profile that each race has developed in? We would know in which star system each of every one race resides and originates even if we had to spend little thought, but nobody has done this. We don't think like we are not alone. We don't take this seriously.

Nobody is doing anything, nobody is exercising some thought on what evidence we might have. Even SETI itself is chasing a dream that will never happen the way we operate for the problem of identifying alien inteligence to be solved.

More to come later to come in my next post.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacebot
......We don't think like we are not alone. We don't take this seriously.

Nobody is doing anything, .....

$600 Million blasted into space today says otherwise:

NASA Begins Hunt For Life On Other Worlds

Nasa's "historic mission" to hunt for life on other planets has begun thanks to perfect weather conditions in the US.

A rocket carrying the powerful Kepler telescope took off from Cape Canaveral in Florida bang on schedule at 3.48am UK time.

The craft - named after the German 17th Century astrophysicist Kepler - will search for planets like Earth in a faraway corner of the galaxy.

And if they don't find anything, do we get a refund?

[edit on 7/3/2009 by nerbot]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

The craft - named after the German 17th Century astrophysicist Kepler - will search for planets like Earth in a faraway corner of the galaxy.

In a faraway corner of the Galaxy?
Is this a joke?
How can a faraway corner of the galaxy help us in anything?
What's wrong with a 50 light years radius around our Sun?

I bet NASA is training their men and designing new equipment with these "exercises" to later use this accumulated wisdom for some not so far away systems but only when the society could have more problems than it can handle, so people would not give any attention to any space agencies, since they would be having more serious issues to handle, like survival. Questions wouldn't do any good anyway since every asset in the private or civilian sector could turn to military in a weird twist of fate. The public will fund those achievements anyway, and whatever knowledge will be acquired will be probably reserved for the few. After all we are all too "dumb" to decide for ourselves about what to do with any knowledge we receive. God knows how many decades they try to convince us about that.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroGhost
reply to post by BlasteR

I am ultimately informed on this subject.

I not only know some of the people whom worked on those videos, I am an astronomical illustrator, and science media person who has worked for NASA, SETI and other science organizations. I am one of the guys that explains such science to people, because I know it and are a subject authority.

I am also an amateur astronomer have built telescopes and observed deep sky for over 30 years. I model galaxies and planets in 3D and do illustrations for scientists to help them explain theory. Your videos don't really change my point of view.

I know the point you are making, but making the bed when your house is on fire might not be prudent.

ZG

Well, its good to see someone with your expertise pointing out what so many others have been saying for decades. It is interesting how so many people are just now coming forward and discussing the UFO phenomenon publicly and sharing their personal experiences. People like ex-NASA astronauts Edgar Mitchell and Clark C. Mclelland.

I have been an amateur astronomer, myself, for around 20 years since I recieved my first telescope at the age of 10 and learned about astronomy under the guidance of my family. I was mainly curious about science in my younger years because of my grandfather. And probably like you, I was reading anything on the topic I could get my hands on.. (probably like you, I still do).

I often find myself on ATS trying to inform the ill-informed and people who are just generally confused or unsure about astronomy and science in general. Probably my last half dozen posts from last night are all astronomy related.. I am not an expert and I've never claimed to be. People like Internos and Zorgon have known me for months (years?) and I think they generally know that I always have something logical and informative to contribute (even if it is a simple application of uncommon logic to refocus a thread that gets too far off-topic). And even though i know most of the material I talk about, I still do the online research so people can see links to information, illustrations, and photographs to really help put things in perspective.

I think you ultimately misinterpreted the point of my post though. The purpose of my post was not to change anyone's mind.. I am quite aware that there are alot of people out there much smarter than I when it comes to science, astronomy, cosmology, physics, etc.. I did not necessarily post it for those of us who already know these things. I posted it for people who may not fully understand what people like you and me already know about the magnificence, mystery, and vastness of our universe.

Some people just need to be brought back down to reality sometimes. Because with everything going on in the world its extremely easy to become complacent about living our lives and our daily routines that we sometimes forget just how insignificant we really are with relation to "everything else".

My post was never meant to insult your intelligence (nor anyone elses). That wouldn't make much sense anyway. I simply don't go around making posts on ATS to prove I am somehow more knowledgeable or intelligent than anyone else. I think others here could attest.. I am not a troll.

-ChriS

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by BlasteR

I only meant to qualify my context and not discount your examples. We do seem to be much alike. Space since I was bipedal was the coolest stuff, but we did not really get great images until Hubble, then WHAM! Whole new universe!

I was so impressed with what I saw through the eyepiece that I just had to paint it. Hubble was just a dream then, but I was realizing new worlds like I'd been there. And I had, in my science-infused imagination.

There was no danger of being insulted. I don't think I am THAT important.

I was more commenting on the fact that, as I was still aware we had issues that must be dealt with, the greater problem needs work, and that is how to advance ourselves beyond the problem, rather than jerry-rig the thing so it breaks again in a couple years.

I agree, general science understanding is at almost Cro-Magnon levels. People have no real perspective with which to make intelligent judgments. They depend on a personalities, a rock star or a tv star, not actual knowledge based information. Sagan was the first crossover, but Mitchio Koku is great and while I like him tremendously, we even need a greater entertaining scientist to hold the attention spans of millions of MTV over-accelerated minds. I would love to write and produce with him.

So I get you, no problem. Same page, star system, star, planet, contenent....

Never enough time for astronomy now. Bay area is like a tent. Hope you get out.

ZG

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

Life in the universe and intelligent life that is physically and mentally capable to travel extreme distances is a totally different thing. Think about it...

The biggest fallacy I see is that people take the term life (which could be mold)right to aliens as the next step, and it is actually so many steps that it approaches zero probability.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Xtrozero]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:59 AM
link   

WOW! Is this for real???? Its about %^&* time! I've always hoped some thing like this would happen. I would love to join the team also but to bad i dont have the brains you know? anyways, thank you for the info, i'll try to keep up on this information if they keep on with it, where did you get your information from? Again stars and flag!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:22 AM
link   
You are in luck. Read this.

MUFON to receive major funding from billionaire backer

March 6, 1:50 AM

Billionaire real estate investor and entrepreneur Robert Bigelow of Las Vegas, Nevada is now betting his bucks on MUFON to find valuable new knowledge about alien propulsion systems. Bigelow who has long been known to give millions of dollars to fund serious UFO research has just concluded a deal with MUFON to furnish rapid response teams of Field Investigators to be deployed within 24 hours to the scene of a major UFO event, the kind designated as Category 2 or 3 in the classification system devised by legendary UFO researcher Jacques Vallee. These are the rarer cases where either physical traces are left or physiological effects are caused in the witness. Bigelow has hired 50 top-flight scientists to assist MUFON in this endeavor to function as consultants and to do expensive lab analysis of alien materials gathered at the location of a UFO event. Bigelow, who never does anything on a small scale, a few years ago founded BAASS (Bigelow Aerospace Advanced Space Studies) with the incredibly ambitious goal of putting a commercial hotel up in orbit around the earth. He thinks that even one category 2 or 3 case if properly investigated can yield significant scientific paydirt. Whatever high-tech equipment needed by the investigators on the scene will be drop-shipped to them overnight by BAASS. These high-profile cases will be investigated using the strictest methods of scientific protocol. This is a new day for MUFON which from its inception has been a volunteer organization. Now its Field Investigators will be paid to do their work. Bigelow who has been known to keep his findings on the UFO subject secret has agreed per his contract with MUFON to hold nothing back from this organization that is revealed in the BAASS lab analysis of materials supplied by MUFON. This project which just launched on March 1st is code named SIP (for Star Impact Project) . It is a pilot experiment and will be reviewed on June 30th to see if it has proven successful enough to warrant funding for the rest of the year. Understandably there is a lot of excitement at MUFON Headquarters and among its membership. MUFON's stated mission is the scientific study of the UFO phenomenon for the benefit of mankind. Now with this major infusion of funds from Bigelow, it will be able to carry out this mission more efficiently and skillfully than ever before. And Bigelow possibly will get what he wants to forward his goal. How this will all work out is hard to guess. This is something that has never been tried before. They are moving into unchartered territory here. In any case, Bigelow's investing so heavily in MUFON's ability to make SIP a successful search and find operation for greater knowledge about alien technology is some extremely good PR for MUFON, and it sure will gain greater credibility in the eyes of the general public as a result.

Good news right?

Some of us will get to work with these guys. (actually already are.)

ZG

Ohhh so i have to click on "QUOTE" in order to quote some one with my comment, sorry every one for the double post, still learning stuff on here.

Anyways, as i was saying on the other forum (same paragraph above) i cant believe that we need funs for these kind of project, i mean this is our future our knowledge, you would think that it be some thing as princeless as......well nothing is free here in the US so i guess i need to come back to earth, just my opinion

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightworth
reply to post by FritosBBQTwist

How have we touched our galaxy at all (barring any Spookified Black Ops #, if truly applicable)? Wouldn't we be required to at least send a probe all the way to the Alpha Centauri or Polaris (I forget which is closer) systems to have touched elsewhere in the galaxy?

Our solar system is in our galaxy...so yes, we have "touched" our galaxy.

But that is just a war of words. I see your point and fully agree. We have not even left our own solar system yet. We will need some crazy technology when we do though! Perhaps some aliens can hook us up with their spaceships?

We live in interesting times...but it can always be better,

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by nerbot

Life in the universe and intelligent life that is physically and mentally capable to travel extreme distances is a totally different thing. Think about it...

The biggest fallacy I see is that people take the term life (which could be mold)right to aliens as the next step, and it is actually so many steps that it approaches zero probability.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Xtrozero]

I would challenge you on that. After the Drake equation there is even more recent science that suggest even Drake fell short of the possibilities.

See this:

INFLATION-THEORY IMPLICATIONS FOR EXTRATERRESTRIAL VISITATION
J. Deardorff, B. Haisch, B. Maccabee and H.E. Puthoff
Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, Vol. 58, pp. 43-50, 2005.

PDF

ZG

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join