It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl, 9, aborts twins after rape

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Girl, 9, aborts twins after rape

www.brisbanetimes.com.au

A nine-year-old girl who was carrying twins, allegedly after being raped by her stepfather, has undergone an abortion despite complaints from Brazil's Roman Catholic church.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.karachinews.net
www.radionetherlands.nl

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
The Catholic Church has gome too far this time as far as I am concerned.

But Marcio Miranda, a lawyer for the Archdiocese of Olinda and Recife in northeastern Brazil, said the girl should have carried the twins to term and had a cesarean section.

Not only do they want this CHILD to carry a baby, but twins no less. And for having them aborted...

Despite this, the Roman Catholic church has threatened to charge the mother of the girl with murder for agreeing to the medical procedure.
source

I will have more to say, but need to compse myself...

www.brisbanetimes.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 5/3/2009 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
My god ridiculous. How could anyone expect that poor little girl to actually have to deal with more than she has already been put through. I really hope this thing stops before it becomes a media circus. Even if she had the children ( at a great risk to her own life, a risk she didn't ask for or deserve) she would have to spend the rest of her life knowing that there are two people in the world, brought into it, only because of a disgusting horrible thing done to her.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Im not religious but I can still see where they are coming from.

They were clearly worried about the 2 unborn children being aborted... their view is that the rape wasn't the twins fault so why should they be killed.

They obviously don't condone the rape of that unfortunate girl but that had already passed. If they had the chance to speak out against the rape before it happened, im sure they would have aswell.

No need to attack me over this, I know the physical and psychological damage the birth would have done to the poor young girl.. I understand this.. I am not agreeing/disagreeing with anything here.. just attempting to give perspective.

Few listen to what the Church says.. they state their moral views on various subjects.. whether or not you listen is up to you. This is one of the fundamentals of Catholicism that most non Catholics don't see.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

I appreciate what you have to say here, but what I cannot fathom is that this innocent girl was expected to carry twins full term, or as neer to as possible. Her body is no where near developed enough to carry a singleton let alone twins.

So the Church is quite happy for her to progress with the pregnanacy even if it kills her, and there is no saying either baby would survive anyway.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by VIKINGANT
reply to post by Dermo
So the Church is quite happy for her to progress with the pregnanacy even if it kills her, and there is no saying either baby would survive anyway.

This is the fallout from their moral decisions and the main reason why Catholics like me don't give a crap about their opinions.

link   
double post

[edit on 5/3/09 by Dermo]

link   
Abort! No question in my mind.

Poor girl, scarred for life and some people expect her to prolong the trauma and agony this has caused her already.

Nuff said!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Yes that’s exactly what I’d want to learn when I *grew up*.

Not only was I product of heinous rape, but, the church forced my poor 9 year old mother to have me, AND, I was conceived in incest?

What the hell is this world coming to when there is even a question of this girls right to abort, or not!

peace

[edit on 5-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

Most of the time I am completely undecided on the abortion issue for this reason. There will always be cases when abortion is the only sane solution. My question though, applys to the following:

Despite this, the Roman Catholic church has threatened to charge the mother of the girl with murder for agreeing to the medical procedure.

Does the church really have the power to charge someone with a crime? I am completely unaware of the rules of law in any country but my own, but this seems wrong.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I read about this in the paper a few days ago and it literally made me sick.

Apparently, he was doing the same to the girl's handicapped sister. . .

:shk:

But anyways, the Catholic Church was wack in this decision! Doctors were saying if she had these twins it would endanger her life.

And what the hell is MORAL about making a 9 year old girl, who's been abused and raped, go through the stress of a pregnancy at that age and then live out the rest of her days having that reminder - it's scarring in the absolute least!!

[edit on 5/3/09 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Where's the church when you need them!
How about and eye for an eye for this sick bastard?
What is he doing even alive!
I’ll tell you when I hear of these things I truly loose all hope that we as a people Christian or no - have a right to survive our morals are so screwed up!

peace

[edit on 5-3-2009 by silo13]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
reply to post by pretty_vacant

Where's the church when you need them!
How about and eye for an eye for this sick bastard?
What is he doing even alive!
I’ll tell you when I hear of these things I truly loose all hope that we as a people Christian or no - have a right to survive our morals are so screwed up!

peace

GRRR!

Not sure were you live at, but people are being killed for far less than this post. But , hey, were only human..!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   
what the hell???
to the church...
what about the rapist bastard? you should try to criminalize him..not the poor girl....

[edit on 5-3-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
You know, there's so much stuff like this in the media, about young children being abused, that as horrible as this sounds, I never normally get upset about it, beyond the usual "Geez, that's disgusting." But for some reason this one really got to me. Maybe it's the church saying she should have kept the children, I don't know.. but it just makes me wonder what #in' hope we've got as a civilisation when there's people going around doing # like this, and religions saying that the victims should suffer even more.

As much as the unborn children she was carrying didn't deserve to to be aborted because they'd done nothing wrong, the 9 year old girl didn't deserve the trauma of carrying the children or possibly dying in the process.

I just hope the church drop the talk of charging the girl's mother for murder and leave the family the hell alone.. and that the kid can grow up fine despite what she's experienced.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by VIKINGANT

I hate to crash your church-hate fest, but the Roman Catholic Church does have a point. Humans just may deserve human rights regardless of age. They are called "human rights" for some reason, I suppose. And perhaps all humans (rather than just some of them) should have human rights.

In any case, rights are a faith-based belief. There is nothing in physics to suggest the existence of rights. So you can go ahead and pretend you are morally superior to the Catholic church. Or you just realize it the whole concept of abortion rights is one faith, while equally valid on the other end of the spectrum is the concept of human rights.

The idea is very simple and powerful. If you are a human, you get rights. If you are a fetus human, you get rights. This is the position of the Catholic Church. It is not my position, but it is a perfectly understandable and highly reasonable one. It makes sense!

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Prime example of why religion is out dated and has no place in the laws and science of today.

Are you serious?

A 9 year old girl is expected to have kids? Hell, I didn't even know a 9 year old girl COULD have kids... and her CHURCH?!? is going to charge her mother w/ murder for allowing the abortion?

Wow.....

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by truthquest

No offense...but ...I don't think I will not say anymore in fear of a serious T&C violation.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
So what would the church have done when she had them? Would they then look after them? I can't see how a 9 year old girl can be a parent and a provider. Or are they suggesting she then goes through the additional trauma of giving birth then giving the babies up for adoption?

I just hope this poor little girl is ok. What a horrible thing to happen all round.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:55 AM
link   
What kind of right does that man have to do such sick acts against children? What scum.

Religion has caused the male dominance to flourish and the bible is full of stories of allowing young girls to be raped, and the catholic church has no moral authority as far as I am concerned with its protection of other child abusing priests.

I say end religion, get rid of this male dominance and embrace humanity as it should be, male/female/young/old, all are equal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join